• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Businesses that Ban Guns

amzbrady

So... this thread is dropping i see. Making a new one ? or we only using http://friendorfoe.us/ ... If using the external, maybe we could make a quick new thread with the link, a simple instruction set - sticky and lock it at top to make sure new members know where to look and what to do ??
- Just an idea.

:cool: Bat

I like that site, I jsut added about 7 businesses. some dont show though. Alfies in Monroe, and Camping world in bellingham, didnt come up.

It would be nice if you could search a business name withing a certain number of miles instead of just cities

Last edited:

OrangeIsTrouble

I like that site, I jsut added about 7 businesses. some dont show though. Alfies in Monroe, and Camping world in bellingham, didnt come up.

It would be nice if you could search a business name withing a certain number of miles instead of just cities

Why don't you start a new thread that you can watch and keep updated? justacar doesn't seem to be around to update the list. I am with you on using this site, it's easier to just stay in this forum then going to too many sites...hell i don't even venture out of the washington section.

cbpeck

I'd like to see this thread stay around, or at least a viable replacement get formed. I prefer to keep the list inside the WA section of OCDO rather than on a separate site.

Also, here's a sign I photographed at Columbia Center Mall in Kennewick. It is placed inside all exterior hallway doors and in the hallway in front of all anchor stores. Basically, it's visible from all entrances into the mall. You could stay in Sears and never encounter the sign, but as soon as you enter the mall from Sears you'll run into it.

IMG_20110405_140731.jpg

Apparently I was breaking rules 6 & 8. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Ajetpilot

I actually don't see the point of the list. If you are really concerned about whether an establishment doesn't want firearms in their place of business, look for a sign on the door. I just enter and go about my business. If they don't want me there, they will ask me to leave, and I will honor their wishes. Incidentally, I've NEVER been asked to leave anywhere.

amzbrady

I'd like to see this thread stay around, or at least a viable replacement get formed. I prefer to keep the list inside the WA section of OCDO rather than on a separate site.

Also, here's a sign I photographed at Columbia Center Mall in Kennewick. It is placed inside all exterior hallway doors and in the hallway in front of all anchor stores. Basically, it's visible from all entrances into the mall. You could stay in Sears and never encounter the sign, but as soon as you enter the mall from Sears you'll run into it.

View attachment 5630

Apparently I was breaking rules 6 & 8. :uhoh:

#1 SNIP... This provision does not apply to clothing, (hmmm, we wear our holsters) masks, or other APPARATUS (hmmm, isnt a firearm an apparatus?) worn for cultural (hmmm, isnt is American culture to carry a firearm for personal protection as provided by our right to bear arms?) or religious reasons or for medical conditions. (hmmm, Dont we all carry due to our medical condition, called living and to avoid the medical condition of premature death by a criminal?)

sudden valley gunner

I actually don't see the point of the list. If you are really concerned about whether an establishment doesn't want firearms in their place of business, look for a sign on the door. I just enter and go about my business. If they don't want me there, they will ask me to leave, and I will honor their wishes. Incidentally, I've NEVER been asked to leave anywhere.

One of Justin's original purposes I think was to make sure those new to OC, did have a bad experience right off the bat. They can make sure they go places where they know they are accepted and shouldn't have problems.

I am with you though. I just carry until asked not to.

Metalhead47

One of Justin's original purposes I think was to make sure those new to OC, did have a bad experience right off the bat. They can make sure they go places where they know they are accepted and shouldn't have problems.

+1 I think we've moved beyond "the list" now. Besides, there are plenty of reports of people (like you) "getting away" with OCing at "unfriendly" businesses (IE Costco, Olive Garden, etc), and other folks who have been hassled by businesses on the "friendly/neutral" list (Home Depot, my one & only negative contact).

Ajetpilot

Good point, SVG. I guess I wasn't thinking of new folks who haven't been OC for long enough to gain more confidence. The list is similar to training wheels on a bicycle, so it has its purpose. Thanks for pointing that out.

sudden valley gunner

+1 I think we've moved beyond "the list" now. Besides, there are plenty of reports of people (like you) "getting away" with OCing at "unfriendly" businesses (IE Costco, Olive Garden, etc), and other folks who have been hassled by businesses on the "friendly/neutral" list (Home Depot, my one & only negative contact).

On that point, I have never had problems at Olive Garden, and someone in California has recently posted a letter from corporate that they follow state law even if that state has on "opt out" clause they won't ban fire arms.

sudden valley gunner

Good point, SVG. I guess I wasn't thinking of new folks who haven't been OC for long enough to gain more confidence. The list is similar to training wheels on a bicycle, so it has its purpose. Thanks for pointing that out.

I know when I first OC'ed I was eager to find out where it would be accepted and where to anticipate trouble. Justin's list helped with that, you are right and it is like training wheels is a good way of putting it. Once comfortable you just be yourself and OC is part of being yourself.

Last edited:

DevinWKuska

LOL well I posted a thread about my experience.. but SOuth HIll Mall Puyallup seems to go either way. IU wonder if that mall in Kennewick has a shop that sells fantasy knives/swords, pocket knives or firearms... seems silly to make a rule that shoppers violate by shopping...

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
LOL well I posted a thread about my experience.. but SOuth HIll Mall Puyallup seems to go either way. IU wonder if that mall in Kennewick has a shop that sells fantasy knives/swords, pocket knives or firearms... seems silly to make a rule that shoppers violate by shopping...

I wonder what they would do if a bunch of us bought rifle & pistol cases @ Big 5 and carried them empty throughout the complex. My guess is prob nothing since they couldn't see the evil gun... Its a theory worth testing...

amlevin

I wonder what they would do if a bunch of us bought rifle & pistol cases @ Big 5 and carried them empty throughout the complex. My guess is prob nothing since they couldn't see the evil gun... Its a theory worth testing...

Why not just go in as a large group, everyone wearing empty holsters? It would drive the "Paul Blarts" nuts. If they ask about them just smile and tell them it's the latest in technology, "Stealth Guns". Either that or "these are new models and only those who are 'worthy' can see them".

The only thing wrong with messing with a "Mall Cop's mind is that there often isn't enough there to make it a real challenge.

just_a_car

By the way, my name's Geoff, not Justin. ;-)

just_a_car is just a moniker I go by on the web.

Hrm... at some point, I really should take a few hours and scour through this thread to find all the businesses I haven't put up here.

sudden valley gunner

By the way, my name's Geoff, not Justin. ;-)

just_a_car is just a moniker I go by on the web.

Hrm... at some point, I really should take a few hours and scour through this thread to find all the businesses I haven't put up here.

Sorry Geoff! I knew that too, that was a mental fart on my part.

Good to see ya back here.

Lante

I personally like the pro and anti gun business lists. Frequently when traveling outside of my normal area or with skeptical if not outright anti gun folks it is useful to check the lists. The last thing I want when showing people how OC is "Normal" and doesn't freak businesses out is to take them somewhere that is known to be anti OC.

I have also used it to quickly show a curious or unsure manager or employee exactly what their policy is. Which seems to diffuse any potential issues. July 3rd I took the family to Golden Corral in Marysville, I did a quick search of the forum for the bussiness name so I knew their policy...follow state law....went in had dinner was asked by an employee what was up, not hostile just curious, was able to educate on WA OC and quote their national policy which took the employee from curious to bring your friends...

sudden valley gunner

I personally like the pro and anti gun business lists. Frequently when traveling outside of my normal area or with skeptical if not outright anti gun folks it is useful to check the lists. The last thing I want when showing people how OC is "Normal" and doesn't freak businesses out is to take them somewhere that is known to be anti OC.

I have also used it to quickly show a curious or unsure manager or employee exactly what their policy is. Which seems to diffuse any potential issues. July 3rd I took the family to Golden Corral in Marysville, I did a quick search of the forum for the bussiness name so I knew their policy...follow state law....went in had dinner was asked by an employee what was up, not hostile just curious, was able to educate on WA OC and quote their national policy which took the employee from curious to bring your friends...

It helped me when I first started carrying openly too, just from the simple fact I felt more comfortable knowing that a store was "pro".

Now I just carry every where unless asked to leave. (exception is Mall and Costco, although I have now OC'd 4 times at our local Costco and one time at Burlington, break them in slowly get them used to seeing it).