• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washougal River Cartridge Comapany, Washougal, WA

jbone

Wondering I anyone else has purchased reloads from them. I picked up 200 of their 38 special 125 gr TMJ the December WAC show in Monroe. Anyway, was shooting these and got off 10 rounds when the 11th misfired, sounded like only the primer fired. I immediately emptied the cylinder looked in barrel from the breach to see projectile lodged about a 1//4 way down. Had to place a dowel the muzzel and strike several times with rock to dislodge.

They have no website that I can find, but address and phone are found on the internet, I called after the misfire, no answer, left message, still no return call.

I just called again, no answer, left another message.

So anyone else having issues with the their AMMO, or have helpful info on them?

Last edited:

massivedesign

I have shot thousands of rounds of theirs and buy from Brad's Guns and Ammo out of Bonney Lake. He's a top Washougal dealer and has a direct line to them (and is friends with the owner). While I have never had a squib, I have had a primer or 2 that have needed a second strike.

I would suggest talking to Brad 253-314-7833 to see if there is anything he can do?

Also, well done for recognizing the sound of a squib and stopping before more damage was done.

Last edited:

jbone

I have shot thousands of rounds of theirs and buy from Brad's Guns and Ammo out of Bonney Lake. He's a top Washougal dealer and has a direct line to them (and is friends with the owner). While I have never had a squib, I have had a primer or 2 that have needed a second strike.

I would suggest talking to Brad 253-314-7833 to see if there is anything he can do?

Also, well done for recognizing the sound of a squib and stopping before more damage was done.

I'll try that number, thanks.

jbone

...I would suggest talking to Brad 253-314-7833 to see if there is anything he can do?

Called the number, they had no ideal of WTH if was calling or talking about, wasn't even a person named Brad. I double and triple checked to make sure I dialed correct.

Oh well!