• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ways to support 2A (Jefferson County/Louisville area)

med9044

As some of you know, im running as a "Write In" Candidate for Constable's Office, I "open carry" all the time and i get asked questions about it every now and then, does anyone know of any handouts or pamplet's that can help enlighten people of ky law and firearms, that i could pass out, or any other ways to spread the word?

Also any idea's on other type's of firearms training that i could offer other then the CCDW course would be a big help

If i win, i plan on being an advocate for 2A and a firm voice of the people for gun rights and a major headache for those in government thats are against guns or those that wish to disregard our Constitution and Bill of rights.

Id also love to do a lunch or any type of meet so you guys can meet me in person.

Thanks everyone

davidmcbeth

Banned
should be handing out literature favorable to you winning the race.

How many are running? Not very often write in candidates win.

med9044

I have been, ive been pushing nighborhood block watches and advocating both open and cancealed carry depending on the persons personal preference and i've gotten a huge positive response by advocating not being a victim and protecting ones self.

But there are a lot of people out there with little knowledge on the laws relating to firearms, so it would be nice to have something to pass out along with my election handouts, especially when at meetings and i can go over my material with everyone involved, basically 2A is one of my major platforms and i start with it and circle outword from there.

poetdante

Hey that "neighboorhood watch" sign gave me an idea, why not have signs with something along the lines: we have some folks home during the day, and we have folks that own guns, are you SURE you can avoid the homes that have both?

Last edited: