• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weapons Policies of various universities as applied to visitors

Chubs2287

imported post

Lol, I just did the same thing and page 118 says Firearms are not permitted on University Grounds. So just reading that line police are not allowed, but like you just said 76 says except by police.

nastorino

imported post

As visitors technially the school can't govern us I guess. That's good enough reason for me to carry when I'm heading down to SCSU at 9, 10 or 11 at night or up at 5am.

They don't define what the public that aren't students are allowed to do on the campus.

dcmdon

imported post

When I went to SCSU in the late 80s/early 90s, I carried all the time. There were no signs of any kind on the buildings. That was what my atty told me was "fair warning". So I carried.

I frankly would have carried anyway. I lived on Whalley Ave and rode my bike to class. This was the era of Crack Cocaine and my neighborhood was like dodge city. But thats where I could afford to live.

The funny thing was that when I was carrying I was a MORE mature and responsible person. I would not drink when carrying, EVER, if I was at a bar to socialize or see a band and any kind of disturbance started I was out the door as quickly as I could get out.

Carrying a firearm at the age of 21 weighed heavily on me. I understood the huge responsibility that came with my right.

When I was not carrying, I was the same stupid, drunk, irresponsible idiot that most of us were at 21 years of age.

Don