• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry?

Jamesm760

Depends:

Glock 34 in clear plastic CenDex G17 holster
Glock 17 in Center of Mass kydex
Glock 19 in CoM G17 holster
Glock 26 in Dillon leather
custom Springfield Armory P9 in Center of Mass kydex
custom STI in Blade-Tech kydex

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you play for Team Glock. I like the sound of a Clear plastic holster.. I'm off to find one.

Tackett

I carry a steyr m40-a1 in a simple single snap bulldog holster. The holster holds 1 mag and the gun has one. I also have a magazine holster that holds two more mags. So 4 total.

I need a retention holster though, I get jumpy when people get too close, I'm afraid someone will grab it. Either a jerk off on purpose or a kid on accident.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I carry a steyr m40-a1 in a simple single snap bulldog holster. The holster holds 1 mag and the gun has one. I also have a magazine holster that holds two more mags. So 4 total.

I need a retention holster though, I get jumpy when people get too close, I'm afraid someone will grab it. Either a jerk off on purpose or a kid on accident.
That is why our customer fabricator gave us elbows. In a crowded environment like in line at McD's, my right elbow will rest comfortably behind the beavertail on my 1911 and I still have both hands free for exchange of money.

Tackett

That is why our customer fabricator gave us elbows. In a crowded environment like in line at McD's, my right elbow will rest comfortably behind the beavertail on my 1911 and I still have both hands free for exchange of money.

True. I'm just a nervous around kids.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Safariland makes an excellent Level II for your Steyr M40-A1.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/safaril...on-holster-stx-tac-black-right-ha-cebfbe.html

SteveInCO

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you play for Team Glock. I like the sound of a Clear plastic holster.. I'm off to find one.

Yeah but where's his Glock 7 for sneaking on board airplanes with? :p

A clear plastic holster may be good in those places where some asshat will try to claim the weapon is "concealed" because the holster covers part of it.

Last edited:

DamonK

Grenade, no pin, in my hand. All the while screaming at the top of my lungs :D

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Pac10

Glock 29SF in a Don Hume & a spare mag. 21 rounds of 180g HP at 1300fps +... ought to do the trick.;)

Aztecking

Glock 22, Springfield XD-S 9 mil, both open carry and sometimes concealed depending how I'm dressed. I also like to carry my Bond Arms 410/45 long Colt with the cross draw holster which is very comfortable to wear. Sometimes I'll stick the S&W 38 special revolver with the Crimson Trace in my cargo shorts pocket if I'm just bumming around.

What I carry depends on what I'm doing that day and what I'm wearing. I figure any one of these will get the job done if needed.

Jeff

Kamihoshi

Kimber Pro Carry II in either a tucked Galco Kingtuk, or in a Galco Side-snap Scabbard (Changing to a Safariland ALS soon!)
IWB.jpg

Johnbo

Taurus Judge in a plain black nylon Blackhawk belt holster

e511de04-d18a-4596-94e2-8ac34571a149_zpscadcaf4a.jpg

kurt555gs

S&W 329PD Air-Lite in a Simply Rugged pancake holster.

Calling Dr. Howard. Dr Fine. Dr. Howard.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377443484106.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377443484106.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 154

FreeInAZ

S&W 329PD Air-Lite in a Simply Rugged pancake holster.

Calling Dr. Howard. Dr Fine. Dr. Howard.

For the under 30 crowd here that was a three stooges gag. ;) Brings back fond memories. +1

On topic - I don't post what I carry as a rule /never know who, from what GOV agencies is on here "shopping").

I will say I never leave home without atleast two sidearms, usually three, and on those "spidey sense tingley" days - sometimes four. ;)

Wonder why? Look up NY reload - lot faster to swap to a new pistol vs change mags, or if need be - fire at multiple targets with both hands. A wise man once told me: "Load for bear! If you're attacked buy a pack of rabbid squirrels, atleast you won't be under gunned! " :p

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

SNIP... I will say I never leave home without atleast two sidearms, usually three, and on those "spidey sense tingley" days - sometimes four. ;)

Wonder why? Look up NY reload - lot faster to swap to a new pistol vs change mags, or if need be - fire at multiple targets with both hands. A wise man once told me: "Load for bear! If you're attacked buy a pack of rabbid squirrels, atleast you won't be under gunned! " :p

Why just four? Is that all you can manage to carry? If so, the U.S. Army has the solution:D:
http://www.vickersmachinegun.org.uk/images/InfantryGunHorseOffSide.jpg

I actually don't carry anymore.:shocker: Ever since my firearms were stolen/lost in the tragic boating/ice-fishing accident in Phoenix last June, I've been without by Springfield full-size stainless 1911 A1 (the GI clone) loaded with 230 grain FMJ hardball and safely tucked in its black leather Galco Concealable belt holster. But I like to think my 1911 is still with me, in spirit.:lol:

But I like FreeInAZ's "New York reload" idea. It's in keeping with Benjamin Franklin's metaphor of Liberty being a well-armed lamb:
http://www.jokeroo.com/pictures/funny/heavily-armed-sheep.html

stealthyeliminator

My question would be, regarding changing pistols, is, would it have complications as far as having to switch function/feel in the middle of a gunfight? Meaning, when you change mags, you're still shooting the safe firearms. You (theoretically) only have to become proficient with one. If you carry 4 different weapons, assuming they aren't the same model or of same function, then you'd have to stay proficient with 4 different weapons and be able to think through, in the heat of the moment, which one you are switching to and how it functions differently (safety here instead of there, striker vs. hammer fire, SA/DA vs. DA only, long hard trigger pull vs. softer more smooth trigger pull, 7 round magazine capacity vs. 16 round magazine capacity, etc. etc. etc)

I just wonder if it could be an issue. I guess maybe not if you practised and trained enough.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My question would be, regarding changing pistols, is, would it have complications as far as having to switch function/feel in the middle of a gunfight? Meaning, when you change mags, you're still shooting the safe(sic) firearms. You (theoretically) only have to become proficient with one. If you carry 4 different weapons, assuming they aren't the same model or of same function, then you'd have to stay proficient with 4 different weapons and be able to think through, in the heat of the moment, which one you are switching to and how it functions differently (safety here instead of there, striker vs. hammer fire, SA/DA vs. DA only, long hard trigger pull vs. softer more smooth trigger pull, 7 round magazine capacity vs. 16 round magazine capacity, etc. etc. etc)

I just wonder if it could be an issue. I guess maybe not if you practised and trained enough.
I see it as a complicating factor when the guns are similar.......but different.

My solution (works for me) is a 1911 w/2 extra 8 rd mags for combat reloading & a mod 60 w/bobbed hammer for emergency BUG + as a vehicle, easy reach gun.

The guns are so totally different that just the touch/feel directs my actions - can't have too much practice.

Last edited: