• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What gun was used in the ferguson shooting

Firearms Iinstuctor

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You mean it wasn't an 80% AR, shooting M855?

Last edited:

thedudejdog

Why were they standing outside the station? Were they on a smoke break? Seems like they should've been inside the police station or out on patrol.

FBrinson

Your're right. If they would have been inside then there wouldn't have been any need for them to get shot.

FreeInAZ

My bet - a Hi-Point. Soft shooting enough to allow for the quick follow up shot. Dang lucky or good shooting for a pistol. Too bad this guy didn't put his skills to better use like hunting & donating the meat & buckskins to the needy.

WalkingWolf

Should we even care what type of gun? After all it was not the gun who decided to shoot at cops. This is not a funny incident, but playing the which gun game is outright hilarious. It is a game the antis often play.

b0neZ

IMO, the type of gun that was used makes no difference.

That said, the following screenshot is from a local news source:
uploadfromtaptalk1426521297446.jpg

Pay special attention to the second paragraph.

MSM strikes again.

FBrinson

IMO, the type of gun that was used makes no difference.

That said, the following screenshot is from a local news source:
View attachment 12414

Pay special attention to the second paragraph.

MSM strikes again.

Hah! Nice catch. I'm so used to the media's flawed reporting that I completely missed that when I read that same article last night.

FreeInAZ

could be ^^^ he must of been packing two and fired with both hands near simultaneously???

Wolf is right - who cares, now the news us reporting that his lawyer(s) admit he fired the shots, however they were in self defense to fend of a robbery in progress & the police were collateral damage.

Guess anything is possible???

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

could be ^^^ he must of been packing two and fired with both hands near simultaneously???

Wolf is right - who cares, now the news us reporting that his lawyer(s) admit he fired the shots, however they were in self defense to fend of a robbery in progress & the police were collateral damage.

Guess anything is possible???

Well that excuse works for government agents...

Mr45ACP

As a heart attack.

What were they protecting or serving standing in a line outside the station?

At the time of the shooting, there was a protest taking place in front of the police station. The officers were in the lawful performance of their duties monitoring the protest. As has been widely reported, there has been considerable violence and property damage in past Ferguson protests. It would ave been irresponsible to not have officers there monitoring the situation.