• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County luncheon Sunday, 1/21/18 at 12:00pm

Boomboy007

We are having a luncheon at a local restaurant here in Bellingham. The location will be announced shortly before the meeting, as to give our local troll as little time as possible to hassle the management, although his efforts were wholly unsuccessful at our last gathering at Fred Meyer. I shop there several times a week, always open carrying, and have had several of the managers that were at work that day come up and commend us for standing up for the Constitution.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
A number of Fred Meyer stores are FFLs.

Also, is this luncheon at noon or midnight? The reason I ask is because there is no legal time of 12am or 12pm, it's either noon or midnight.

gutshot II

A number of Fred Meyer stores are FFLs.

Also, is this luncheon at noon or midnight? The reason I ask is because there is no legal time of 12am or 12pm, it's either noon or midnight.

Everyone that I know or wish to know would assume that a "luncheon" would be at or near lunch time and lunch time is, almost universally, at or near noon.

What you have posted is, of course, factual. There is no 12 am or 12 pm. "Am" means anti meridiem (before midday[noon]). Noon can't be before noon. "Pm" means post meridiem and is handled in a very similar manner.

There are three ways to deal with this dilemma. You can use the words 12 noon and 12 midnight or, if you are determined to use numbers, use 12:01 am(or 11:59 pm) and 12:01 pm(or 11:59 am) (nobody cares if you are a minute late or a minute early for lunch) or use miltary time (24 hour clock) ie, 1200 and 2400 (but this usage may confuse anyone that would be confused about this whole affair in the first place). This concludes our tutorial on timekeeping. Anyone that is confused about time zones is welcome to PM me for further instruction.

Last edited:

Boomboy007

Whatcom Open Carry luncheon January 21, 2018, 12:00pm.

We are meeting at 12:00 at 5 Guy's Burgers: 1301 W Bakerview Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226. If you can manage it, PLEASE come support us, and have a great burger, to boot. We are expecting some trolls, so friendly faces are welcome. 12:01 pm for you, Color of Law. ;)

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
We are meeting at [strike]12:00[/strike] noon at 5 Guy's Burgers: 1301 W Bakerview Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226. If you can manage it, PLEASE come support us, and have a great burger, to boot. We are expecting some trolls, so friendly faces are welcome. 12:01 pm for you, Color of Law. ;)

Fixed it.;)