• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County open carry shoot east of Bellingham this Saturday, June 2, 2012.

Boomboy007

After all the fun that we had with the Skagit County members a cou ple of weeks ago, we have decided to have our own little gravel pit shoot this Saturday. This event is open to all, and the fun will start about 11:00am. I will likely be there a bit early to pick up some litter, and anyone interested in helping is encouraged.

The coordinates for the the site are as follows: 48.89523, -122.10813

For those who prefer Directions, just head east on the Mount Baker Highway (Hwy 542). This is exit 255 off I-5 (East Sunset Drive). About ten miles east of I-5, Hwy 542 will merge with State route 9 at a traffic roundabout. Continue straight through. About seven miles further on, you will turn right on Mosquito Lake Road. Another mile will see you turning left on North Fork Road. After a beautiful six mile drive, you will find the entrance to the gravel pit on your left (north) side.

Besides the obvious guns & ammo, please bring any targets, target holders, jugs of water, or anything else you want to put a few holes in. Also recommended are camp chairs, drinks, snacks, and if anyone has a fold up table, that would be much appreciated. If it is hot and sunny, you may also want to bring a little shade along.

I would like to give Aradcom a big thanks for making me aware of this location.

I hope to see you all there!

FMJ 911

Although I do have some plans set for that day, they are not in stone. Theres a chance I will make an appearance, and help out with some clean-up work!

My Dad may join in too! Armed with his signature rifle, the M44 Mosin-Nagant.

rapgood

After all the fun that we had with the Skagit County members a cou ple of weeks ago, we have decided to have our own little gravel pit shoot this Saturday. This event is open to all, and the fun will start about 11:00am. I will likely be there a bit early to pick up some litter, and anyone interested in helping is encouraged.

The coordinates for the the site are as follows: 48.89523, -122.10813

snip...

Already made plans to ride my scooter over to the east side of the hills. Next time!

Greg30-06

Man I wish I could go. That's a great pit and only20 minutes from my house. Unfortunately I have to work that weekend. I'm a new member and would love to go next time so I could get to know someone of you guys. Please let me know of future endeavors. I live i.e. Skagit but am right next to the border.

Boomboy007

Although I do have some plans set for that day, they are not in stone. Theres a chance I will make an appearance, and help out with some clean-up work!

My Dad may join in too! Armed with his signature rifle, the M44 Mosin-Nagant.

I guess I had better double up on the ear protection! BTW, for those of you in the know, Mr. Cali will be going along.