• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's good for the goose.......

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In this case the goose got an apology and will be welcomed, while common goslings will have to fend for themselves.

stealthyeliminator

And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous.
LOL. Ludicrous if directed at them, but not if directed from them.

sudden valley gunner

"It isn't the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster," Goldberg said. "And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous."

Some animals are more equal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"It isn't the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster," Goldberg said. "And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That's just ludicrous."

I saw what you did there.

OC for ME

But that's what happened July 4 in the Ikea in College Park, where Takoma Park Police Chief Alan Goldberg had stopped in with his daughter. Goldberg was in uniform because he had worked that morning at the city's July 4 parade, and would be back on duty that night for fireworks.
He was off duty it seems. His is a anti-2A cop.

mikeyb

Using "animals" in that sense is derogatory and belittles the animal kingdom. PETA (the bad kind, not the carnivores) is going to start #LikeAnAnimal movement to prevent this archaic, evil characterization that harms our sensitive members of the animal kingdom.

:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner

Using "animals" in that sense is derogatory and belittles the animal kingdom. PETA (the bad kind, not the carnivores) is going to start #LikeAnAnimal movement to prevent this archaic, evil characterization that harms our sensitive members of the animal kingdom.

The line is straight from Animal Farm.

I think it likely (though he didn't say it out right) that SVG was referring to that cloven hoof variety and the corresponding slang expression that was formerly used to describe certain members of our community.

sudden valley gunner

LOL....People for Eating Tasty Animals?

The line is straight from Animal Farm.

I think it likely (though he didn't say it out right) that SVG was referring to that cloven hoof variety and the corresponding slang expression that was formerly used to describe certain members of our community.

+1 ;)

since9

Campaign Veteran
In this case the goose got an apology and will be welcomed, while common goslings will have to fend for themselves.

Smart Police Chiefs would tell IKEA, "While I carry a firearm in the line of duty, I am also an American Citizen like those whom I serve. If you cannot respect our Constitution, I won't be spending the taxpayer's money via my salary in your store."

As a retired USAF Officer, that's my response.