• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats taking so long.

Russia

Hello,

In the market again trying to take home a SA Rang Officer 45acp. This is my second purchase in a little over 2 years and a current ccl holder. Waiting on the B/C about 5 days has passed now with no approval or the dealer is playing games.

Are you guys experiencing increased waiting periods before the transfers are made?

chowda

i've found if you have lived and/or have a background in another state, there's always a delay as they have to go through the other state.
however, for the first time in my life i was timed out and they had to give me the firearm. when you have to go through another state, that makes it another state's bureaucracy and the anti-firearm obama admin, so will take longer.

three business days is it, so weekend doesn't count. i think what they are doing is just not saying 'yes', they're letting it time out so by default someone gets their firearms, but with no assistance/ok from them. sort of slow walking it like the keystone pipeline, etc.

Russia

What is the dealer saying. Sounds like for some reason your getting the round around.

Dealer says they will call me when the B/C comes back.

Wisconsin is the only state i have owned and purchased firearms.

Good to hear about the timeout scenario. Did not know they don't count weekends. I made the purchase on the 27th.

Dealer is closed on Mondays waiting tell tomorrow wish me luck.

chowda

if your in the nics or whatever it is from another state, they'll go through nics, then through the other state, then back to nics, then to your ffl.

yeah, i think they put that three day thing in there as a concession because imo a large part of the background checks are to kill gunshows....that takes place on the weekend. killed them for me in this state if i buy from an ffl at a show, i'll have to pick it up at their shop the following week, usually wed. if they time me out again, it'll be thursday. pistols in wi are done at the state level, so for me they're the same as everyone else, and still the nanny wait time. the good thing is it prevents impulse purchases....

Last edited: