• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where did you OC in Maine

tazxrulz

Instead of starting a new thread I am just going to use this one to share my OC stories.*

Today I was walking down rt 1 in Saco crossing into Scarborough to go to the Seafood store by rite aid. Usually walking down RT1 nobody notices I am carrying due to the traffic traveling at a high rate of speed. Today was a bit different due to road work there was backed up traffic that was traveling at about the same speed I was walking. On my way back towards Saco right next to Bad Dog Deli I see a cop traveling away from saco he pulls into the side street behind me and yells SIR to me. I turned around and made that annoyed gesture when you sign and look up a bit and nod your head. The cop was very polite (I THINK his name was officer Weed) he asked if I would mind speaking to him. I just stopped and remained silent while he approached me. He said "Man I hate to do this and bother you but we got 3-4 calls" I just said OK.. He informed me that he understand that I am not doing anything wrong and all that. Said the usual BS that he is stopping me to make sure I am alright (I always chuckle at that one). I saw him pull out his pen and paper and he asked for my name. I said "I'd rather not." He said "not a problem" and proceeded back to his cruiser. On his way back to his car he said he was a gun guy and supports the 2nd amendment. I thanked him for keeping it short and sweet. Overall it was a good experience in my opinion. The only way it could've gone any better is if he did not stop me at all and informed the callers that there is nothing illegal about OC in Maine. The whole encounter lasted under a minute. I planned on asking if I was being detained after he asked for my name but I did not get a chance to. I want to thank Boyscoutt his youtube videos that made me more aware of my rights and hot to deal with LEO encounters in Maine.

--Moderator Not--
Moved this post from another thread as it was off topic there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus92183

Instead of starting a new thread I am just going to use this one to share my OC stories. Today I was walking down rt 1 in Saco crossing into Scarborough to go to the Seafood store by rite aid. Usually walking down RT1 nobody notices I am carrying due to the traffic traveling at a high rate of speed. Today was a bit different due to road work there was backed up traffic that was traveling at about the same speed I was walking. On my way back towards Saco right next to Bad Dog Deli I see a cop traveling away from saco he pulls into the side street behind me and yells SIR to me. I turned around and made that annoyed gesture when you sign and look up a bit and nod your head. The cop was very polite (I THINK his name was officer Weed) he asked if I would mind speaking to him. I just stopped and remained silent while he approached me. He said "Man I hate to do this and bother you but we got 3-4 calls" I just said OK.. He informed me that he understand that I am not doing anything wrong and all that. Said the usual BS that he is stopping me to make sure I am alright (I always chuckle at that one). I saw him pull out his pen and paper and he asked for my name. I said "I'd rather not." He said "not a problem" and proceeded back to his cruiser. On his way back to his car he said he was a gun guy and supports the 2nd amendment. I thanked him for keeping it short and sweet. Overall it was a good experience in my opinion. The only way it could've gone any better is if he did not stop me at all and informed the callers that there is nothing illegal about OC in Maine. The whole encounter lasted under a minute. I planned on asking if I was being detained after he asked for my name but I did not get a chance to. I want to thank Boyscoutt his youtube videos that made me more aware of my rights and hot to deal with LEO encounters in Maine.

good post thanks for sharing