• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do they get these guys?

Shovelhead

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
According to St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar....

Belmar said the suspect’s “defaced” 9 mm gun “had five rounds in the chamber and one round in the magazine.”

It could be that the chief just misspoke and the reporter wrote what he actually said. Or the reporter simply made an error in writing. We'll never know.

But I understood what the gist of the statement meant to provide.

What is meant by "defaced" is a bigger concern to me ... what does that mean? We'll never know.
Most would equate defaced with serial # removed....but that's not what was reported. Embellishing facts is a big issue with cops ... there is no need to embellish facts but they routinely do and when judges catch them doing this the judges never praise them for it.

DeSchaine

Wait a minute! Hold it! Are you telling me that a criminal broke the law in spite of all the ones that are on the books to prevent this sort of thing from happening?!?!?!?! I dont see how thats possible! With all the rehab programs, and governmental help they get in jail/prison as well as on the outside... I cant believe it. There must be another reason. Oh, there it is. The gun did it. It grabbed the acid/file and removed its own number before it jumped into that poor upstanding young mans hand!

[/sarcastic rant]

Phoenix David

Wonder how much crime would be reduced by not having and time off for good behavior, no parole. 20 years means 7300 days (+/- for leap years), I'd wager a good 60% reduction but that's just a SWAG