• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which banks?

Murphy

Since I am a business owner, I deal with a lot of deposits, and banking issues here in Indiana.
Being new to the site, and to OC'ing and CC'ing, I've been searching for info on this site (and others), about OC'ing and CC'ing and dealing with banks.

The questions I have and hope that someone can help me out with is this:

1: Are there any state/federal laws (in Indiana), that prohibit OC/CC when entering or doing business in a bank?

2: If there isn't, which banks in Indiana are considered "Anti-gun" (as in, "No Guns Allowed")???

Thanks in advance.

Hoosierdood

There are no state or federal laws preventing you from carrying at your local bank. As far as which banks are "anti-gun", you would have to check with your local banks individually. I have OC'ed at my local bank numerous times without incident. But, I live in a small community, have been banking at the same bank for years, and they all know me. If you are a business owner and you have large deposits, I recommend you OC until someone says something. If they ask you to take your gun outside, then comply with their request, then march right back in there and kindly tell the bank manager why you will be taking your business and your money elsewhere. Then ask him to close your account immediately. If he changes his mind, you have won a new convert. If not, then another bank has just won your business.

Murphy

There are no state or federal laws preventing you from carrying at your local bank. As far as which banks are "anti-gun", you would have to check with your local banks individually. I have OC'ed at my local bank numerous times without incident. But, I live in a small community, have been banking at the same bank for years, and they all know me. If you are a business owner and you have large deposits, I recommend you OC until someone says something. If they ask you to take your gun outside, then comply with their request, then march right back in there and kindly tell the bank manager why you will be taking your business and your money elsewhere. Then ask him to close your account immediately. If he changes his mind, you have won a new convert. If not, then another bank has just won your business.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I will have a problem with my bank. They know me there quite well, as some of their employees are some of my clients.... :D However one of the banks I deal with is 5/3rd Bank which (from what I have read on the Ohio carry forums is very "anti-gun" there...I don't remember seeing any signs about it here, but will check it out in the future....

freehoosiertim

I have account at Chase and open carry regularly in several of their branches on west side of Indy and suburbs. Never a problem. Only attention I have ever even received was 1 teller who asked if I am law enforcement. When I told her I am not, she just said "Oh" and went on with my transaction.