• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will be leaving VA soon.

Bullbuster

imported post

Took a trip to Oklahoma City last week (just got back in town) and the wife andI found a place. We will be moving in May 1st. I will be back to VA for a short while then back to OKC for at least the next 3 years. While we will be renting for the time being I'm glad to say that the owners are about as Pro gun as you can get. When asked about allowing firearms in the house the owner tapped his waistband and saidI carry all the time and for me to carry as much as I liked. He made a joke about his lawyer not allowing them to have a must own and carry clause in the contract.

While my time here in at least the VA forum has had its ups and downs I have learned allot and gotten to meet many great folks at OC events. I wish the OK forum was more productive but maybe that will change. I hope the VA GOV steps up and does the right thing for gun rights. I'm happy to have done whatI could whileI was here and hope to help the movement in any wayI can in OK.

Bullbuster

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Hey, can I have your ammo?

You know, so you won't have to load it and transport it half way across the country. :D

No you can not. Yes it will be a large amount of weight to haul out but this is my ammo and there are many others like itbut thisammo is mine.:lol:

ProShooter wrote:
Do you already have a Utah permit? If not, this may be a great time to get one (before you leave). Its valid in Ok

The VA permit is also valid in OK. I have already talked to the proper authorities about the continued validity of them once we move. We will be getting OK permits in due time. Too bad the OK app process is very $$$ and has allot of BS regs.

Grapeshot wrote:
Good luck and stay in touch.

Thanks for your service.

Yata hey

No thanks needed. The thank's goes to those who never made it home.

essayons

imported post

Go figure, I'm in OKC right now attending a search and extraction school. Pretty country out here, but a bit too flat and windy for my tastes. Lotsa great steakhouses though.

AbNo

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Hey, can I have your ammo?

You know, so you won't have to load it and transport it half way across the country. :D

No you can not. Yes it will be a large amount of weight to haul out but this is my ammo and there are many others like itbut thisammo is mine.:lol:
Can't blame a guy for trying. :D

KBCraig

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
Too bad the OK app process is very $$$ and has allot of BS regs.
Remember the old saying about the Texas Ranger who was asked why he carried a .45? "Because they don't make a .46!" was the fabled reply.

Well, not in Oklahoma: by statute, you can't carry concealed anything larger than a .45 caliber. Do they know that the .454 Casull and .460 S&W Magnum are both longer versions of the .45 Colt, yet exactly the same bullet diameter?

In Oklahoma, ".45" isn't defined, just like the shooting portion of the Texas CHL course, where you have to shoot a ".32 or larger". (So, no 7.62x25 or .30 Mauser? No 5.7x28? And what's a ".32", anyway? It could be anything from .32 S&W to .327 Federal Magnum! :D :banghead:)

hometheaterman

imported post

Have fun in OKC. I think there are quite a few in this area who would like to have the chance to move to another state.

Bullbuster

imported post

Just wish OC was legal. But I have to say it will be good to be able to carry at home and not have to lock it up to and from like i have to do now. Military housing good bye and good ridden.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
Just wish OC was legal. But I have to say it will be good to be able to carry at home and not have to lock it up to and from like i have to do now. Military housing good bye and good ridden.
Well there's something for you to work on while you are there.

Come back to Va. and OC anytime - we'll keep the light on for you.

Yata hey

Bullbuster

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
Well there's something for you to work on while you are there.

Come back to Va. and OC anytime - we'll keep the light on for you.

Yata hey

Sure thing Tom Bodet.