• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wishy Washy Gun Owners

decklin

This is a video I saw today. The guy speaking says he is in favor of OC then goes on to compel people to just give up their rights. Apparently he lives here in Washington and since he mentioned Sportsman's Warehouse I'm thinking he probably lives in the Puyallup area. Anybody know him?
I've come across a few people just like him and I have found it very difficult to talk to them. In general they just seem to believe they are the only right ones.

So how do you reach people like this? I was very similar to this when I first started CC about 8 years ago but have changed my viewpoints on many things in the last few years.
I know this topic is a little random and I'm probably not doing a very good job of voicing why I'm posting this but for whatever reason this guy just really bothered me.

[video=youtube;9abjsU7ibvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9abjsU7ibvE&feature=relmfu[/video]

1911er

First of all do you put much acceptability on a full grown man that wears A superman ballcap and drinks coffee (or milk) out of A marvin the martian or wonderwoman cup. Just sayin!!!

decklin

First of all do you put much acceptability on a full grown man that wears A superman ballcap and drinks coffee (or milk) out of A marvin the martian or wonderwoman cup. Just sayin!!!

I actually thought the Marvin Cup was cool.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Or stores gun in those crappy safes he has ... he clearly knows little ...

Freedom1Man

He admits that there is no requirement to identify yourself and then says that if you don't identify yourself it's legal for the cops to arrest you for that....

That guy is an idiot.

EMNofSeattle

He's in Vancouver

I've watched most of his videos, He references living in Vancouver and has several set in Portland, OR

He also posted on The High Road years ago as "The Playboy Penguin"

I mean like any internet gun guy it's important to take everything said with a grain of salt, I've seen that video and several others like it. He gets several things wrong, or maybe he just doesn't know WA law that well, in one video he claimed he was a police officer in Alabama years ago. I don't know if they have "stop and ID" in AL or not, but as everyone here knows we don't have that in WA, cops can only compel your ID if you're actually being cited/charged with a crime.

He also butchers the concept of qualified immunity, there is no "good faith exemption" to the law, there's a shield against personal liability if actions did not violate clearly established law. In another video I think he said something about being allowed to enter a school with his gun if he was picking up a child, also incorrect. I like his gun reviews and sense of humor, but his grasp of Washington law frankly sucks.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Be cognizant that people with similar views and opinions are your peers and thus could be on a jury hearing your case, remember Josh's case in Vancouver?
Appearance and Representation has value and if ignored it can bite you in the hind quarters.

sirpuma

After watching the video in question (don't recall seeing this guys channel before) I find myself agreeing with much of what he says. I don't know all the exemptions to all the laws for LEO (and most laws have an exemption in them) so I'll not side with or against him on that aspect. However I do find that many who OC will either act or talk big on forums like an uncooperative, belligerent arse. One can stand up for our rights while still being polite and respectful with LEO. After all, respect is a two way street.