• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Word of a beautiful unicorn in Alexandria...

Prophet

imported post

A friend of mine works at hooters and when me and a couple buddies of mine went to visit her some kid was having his birthday there. He was probably 12 or so. The girls made him a little get up and got around him, sang him a birthday song and then he got his picture taken with them all surrounding him. He might have gotten a little smooch as well...can't recall.

Anyways, that kid probably had the best birthday EVER. Who says Hooters isnt a family place?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Prophet wrote:
A friend of mine works at hooters and when me and a couple buddies of mine went to visit her some kid was having his birthday there. He was probably 12 or so. The girls made him a little get up and got around him, sang him a birthday song and then he got his picture taken with them all surrounding him. He might have gotten a little smooch as well...can't recall.

Anyways, that kid probably had the best birthday EVER. Who says Hooters isnt a family place?

Some of us object for various reasons to dining at Hooterswith our family/friends.

My personal objection is that not only are the waitstaff (which only coincidentally happen to be all women) paid less than minimum wage [a complaint I have about every restaurant] but that the waitstaff seem to feel (corporate pressure, peer pressure, personal pressure) that it is necessary to feign some level of sexuality in order to entice tips from their patrons. To me that is more demeaning that asking someone to work for less than minimum wage based on the false promise that the customer will make up at least the difference, if not more, in earnings.

I would rather pay more at a restaurant where the staff across the board was paid minumum wage, rather than patronize an establishment where the waitstaff, who are paid far below minimum, are also forced to share their tip income with staff who are already receiving minimum wage. For that reason, I will not ask my friends to patronize a place where the person at the lowest wage level is in the position of "selling their body" as well.

Your reasons for patronizing or not patronizing Hooters may be different, and I am not here to force my ideas or values on you. The "core" group in Richmond who arrange and attend the monthly OC dinners seem to have reasons for not holding the dinner at Hooters which may or may not be in sync with my thoughts, but the consensus is we would rather go somewhere else to eat.

If anyone from Richmond, or anywhere else, wants to organize an OC dinner at Hooters, then they need to step up to the plate and say so, then do the work necessary to bring it off. Just don't look for me to support the idea or to attend.

stay safe.

skidmark

*fixed typo

RedKnightt

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
RedKnightt wrote:
Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Pfft, heteros. ;)
:lol::lol::lol:

Lonnie, you'll be getting the bill for a new keyboard :p
I may need to buy you another keyboard after this one, RedKnightt. :p

gay_boy_gun_fighter.bmp
Sadly, Sgt Jensen, in the interest of full disclosure, I must admit I've seen that movie. It's called Zardoz, a really terrible sci-fi flick from the 70s. I believe the DVD release comes with a small bottle of eye bleach :lol:

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

doug23838

imported post

OH MY GOD THAT'S SEAN CONNERY.

I can never watch a Bond flick again without seeing that picture.

I can never watch Hunt for Red October again.

Ugh.. I'm off to go watch "The Omega Man "

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

skidmark those folk who work jobs in which they receive tips, such as servers and bartenders, have a federally mandated minimum wage and that is $2.13/hr. If you ever look at the posters regarding federal minimum wage laws that should be in every place that has employees, then you'd see that the minimum wage has 2 categories, tipped and non-tipped. ;)

Neplusultra

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
skidmark those folk who work jobs in which they receive tips, such as servers and bartenders, have a federally mandated minimum wage and that is $2.13/hr. If you ever look at the posters regarding federal minimum wage laws that should be in every place that has employees, then you'd see that the minimum wage has 2 categories, tipped and non-tipped. ;)
That's true. Wait staff can easily make hundreds of dollars a day, especially I would imagine at Hooters.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

The thread killer.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/IrkV_omNzSk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

TexasNative

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Wow, so you can make a movie like that and still have a career in Hollywood.....
No, I think this would kill your career in Hollywood, but this was filmed in the UK. They think "differnt" there. :)

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wow, I miss a day and my request for the use of NSFW tags turned into an argument about Hooters.

I don't care what people post, I just want it to be a link with an NSFW tag so I can still safely browse OCDO at work.

hsmith

imported post

asforme wrote:
Wow, I miss a day and my request for the use of NSFW tags turned into an argument about Hooters.

I don't care what people post, I just want it to be a link with an NSFW tag so I can still safely browse OCDO at work.
Agree as well! It isn't a terrible request.

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

skidmark wro
My personal objection is that not only are the waitstaff (which only coincidentally happen to be all women) paid less than minimum wage [a complaint I have about every restaurant]
It is my understanding that they are payed at least min wage as if tips to not bring them up to min wage the restaurant must make the difference up.