• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WOW is this legal??? FAKE PASSPORTS and DL.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
See the FAQ, they say then can be used as real passports.

I am not sure if possession of such fake documents is illegal but I assure you that to attempt to use either of them would be a crime!

And while fake drivers licenses are the purview of every 16 year old who wants to buy his first beer, I imagine that attempting to use a fake passport would fall under the category of "Send me to Gitmo please".

:eek:

END_THE_FED

This disclaimer is on the bottom of the website.
"For entertainment only. Not a government document."
My guess is that this disclaimer or a similar one will be found in a somewhat hidden part of the document. Like in the "restrictions" on the back of a drivers license.

This may make it legal in some states and countries.

Either that or the website is based in some 3rd world country and the only one breaking any laws would be the one who orders it.

The other thing that comes to mind is that it could just be a complete scam and you will be sending a a bunch of cash and all your personal info to some ID theft ring in Nigeria

M

McX

i'm going to get me one saying that i'm a citizen of bora-bora! and list my name as: S.D. Pliskin! I'll be able to buy alot of beer with that one!

daddy4count

I would not try crossing any borders with those...

Though I believe it is 100% legal to have one or more alias. You do not have to use your real name at all... provided you do not try to do anything illegal with it like attempt to defraud the government.

You can have a drivers license with another name as long as you use it legally... AFAIK, IANAL

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
These companies pop up every once in a while and disappear a few months later. So when you don't get the product as they promised, what are you going to do... sue them? :lol:
The reason they use the methods of payment that they do is because there is no way to get your money back once it's sent.

Just remember, a fool and his money are soon parted

PS the pics they use as "samples" are taken from various websites on the 'net. 'nuff said.

flagellum

Yeah, I actually almost bought into these sites when I was 16 looking to buy booze. Luckily I had the foresight to use google, and found hundreds of kids like my that were wondering why they never got thier ID and why the company wont return thier calls.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I am not sure if possession of such fake documents is illegal but I assure you that to attempt to use either of them would be a crime! And while fake drivers licenses are the purview of every 16 year old who wants to buy his first beer, I imagine that attempting to use a fake passport would fall under the category of "Send me to Gitmo please".
I have recently acquired a passport-card and relegated my (not Real-ID compliant yet) drivers license to the Papieren-packet of auto registration, insurance proof and, now, drivers license. Thus I have separated my drivers license from a hypothetical demand for ID papers.

I plan to acquire GOES NEXUS documentation in anticipation of Wisconsin's CCW permitting requirement to demonstrate that another layer of bureaucracy is not needed.

Bailenforcer

BINGO! Buy that man a cigar.

Yep it is a scam and probably based in Nigeria, or Russia.

The site owner is blocked. So we can't even see who they are. My guessing is to email them and wait for a return email then open the source of the email, and see where it comes from, my guess it will be a gmail return address, or some .ru or .cc source to name a few.

To find out who owns a site go to www.whois.is

Domain Name: passportclone.com

Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Status: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

Expiration Date: 2012-05-20
Creation Date: 2009-08-18
Last Update Date: 2010-05-20

This is a 100% scam site. Need proof?? They only accept western union and moneygram.

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Usually fake ID is legal as a novelty, and illegal when used as ID. So having it hanging in picture frame at home isn't a problem, but producing it as ID gets you in a world of trouble depending on what you used it for.

I would not try crossing any borders with those...

Though I believe it is 100% legal to have one or more alias. You do not have to use your real name at all... provided you do not try to do anything illegal with it like attempt to defraud the government.

You can have a drivers license with another name as long as you use it legally... AFAIK, IANAL

Dreamer

BINGO! Buy that man a cigar.

Yep it is a scam and probably based in Nigeria, or Russia.

People, this isn't rocket science, on the "Quality & Cost" page of this site, it gives their business addresses:

http://www.passportclone.com/quality.html

We are based in, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina, as set out below.

PASSPORTCLONE S.A

Av. das Nacoes Unidas 12955

Sao Paulo, Brazil 04578-000

PASSPORTCLONE S.A.

Av. Macacha Guemes 355

Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires

C1106BKG, Argentina 

PASSPORTCLONE S.A.

Calle Tiahuanaco Nº 64

La Paz, Bolivia
Brazil, Argentina, and Bolivia, combined with blocked WHOIS info--this is obviously being run by a bunch of old Nazis who are in hiding out in South America...

Or the CIA...

Would you like a "Paperclip" to go with that fake passport, mein herr?...

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

We are based in, Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina, as set out below.

PASSPORTCLONE S.A

Av. das Nacoes Unidas 12955

Sao Paulo, Brazil 04578-000

Well of Course it's legit. They're in a very reputable address, the same as Whirlpool SA
Whirlpool SA
Av. Das Nacoes Unidas, 12955
32 Floor
Sao Paulo, 04578-000
Brazil
P: +55 11 55 86 61 00
F: +55 11 55 86 64 84