• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTH, Flowing Wells?

PavePusher

http://www.arizonadailyindependent....wells-parents-asked-to-sign-weapons-contract/

Flowing Wells parents asked to sign weapons contract

August 13, 2013 by L Ruth 13 Comments

The parents of junior high and high school students in the Flowing Wells Unified School District in Tucson are being asked to sign a contract agreeing to teach their children to settle arguments without violence. The “Student/Parent/Principal Contract For Eliminating Guns and Weapons at School” was sent as part of the district’s registration packet for the 2013-2014 school year.

Under the contract, parents must agree to teach “…including by personal example, my teenager about the dangers and consequences of the misuse of guns and weapons and I will keep any guns and all weapons under lock and away from school grounds and away from my children.”

According to the district, two parents have expressed concern with the contract. One father requested that the contract be returned to him after he had given his consent more thought. District officials say there will be no consequences for refusing to sign the contract.

District officials confirmed that the students at Flowing Wells Junior High, Flowing Wells High School, and Sentinel Peak High School received the packet at registration. The district has long been known for its agrarian population, but over the years, the cities of Tucson and Marana have encroached upon it. Still, this year, Flowing Wells High School’s FFA club took first place at the Agriscience Fair at the state convention.

More at link.

FreeInAZ

Man is there something in the water in Tucson? More useless gibberish from the schools. There are already laws on the books that cover most of their objectives. Not happy with that, they are going after the childs home life, which if I am not mistaken, is none of their D@MN business. I avoid Tucson for many reasons, this is yet another. :(

The Trickster

This makes perfect sense. When a student decides to resort to violence at school, although he/she will ignore the law as well as the wrath that comes with breaking it, they will certainly abide by a contract their parents weren't even required to sign. :banghead:
Signs, policies, contracts; none of these will stop an individual who has already chosen to break the law.