• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet again, I love my buddy in truth Karl Denniger

riverrat10k

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=216238

"Cuomo: Perform An Anatomically-Impossible Act
akcs-www
You're a jackass.
The abuse of a legally-infirm strategy ("pass it before you read it"; voiding of the 3 day NY legal waiting period on passage of introduced legislation) to pass legislation that is flatly unconstitutional with full knowledge that the law proposed would have done exactly nothing to prevent Sandy Hook is bad enough. No restriction on mentally-ill people getting firearms nor any restriction on magazine capacity would have done a thing, as the shooter at Sandy Hook took the firearms from a lawful owner after murdering said lawful owner.
What's worse is this provision in the law:
The legislation would also include the "Webster provision," a mandatory life-without-parole sentence for anyone found to have killed a first responder. The provision is a reference to the Christmas Eve shooting in the Monroe County town, where two firefighters were shot and killed.
That's because your ****ed-up state couldn't be bothered to keep imprisoned the man who is accused of killing these firefighters."