• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman posts ad on gunbroker.com

WalkingWolf

Yawn, people just need to get over it. I am very disappointing for them pulling the auction though. Political correctness at it's finest.:cry:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"The gun that George Zimmerman used to kill unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin is up for auction again after one company delisted the weapon from its site."

"United Gun Group decided to post the gun after being contacted by Zimmerman. The company said in a statement that "as long as Mr. Zimmerman (or any other UGG member) is obeying the letter of the law, his personal firearm sale will be permitted on our network." "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-gun-trayvon-martins-death-auctioned-off/story?id=39056770

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Auction for gun that killed Trayvon Martin possibly hijacked.

MIAMI (AP) - "Bidding in an online auction for the pistol former neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon Martin appeared to have been hijacked by fake accounts posting astronomically high bids.

At one point early Friday, the bidding surpassed $65 million with the leading bidder using the screen name "Racist McShootFace." The site later showed that account had been deleted."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/31964703/auction-for-gun-that-killed-trayvon-martin-possibly-hijacked

WalkingWolf

MIAMI (AP) - "Bidding in an online auction for the pistol former neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon Martin appeared to have been hijacked by fake accounts posting astronomically high bids.

At one point early Friday, the bidding surpassed $65 million with the leading bidder using the screen name "Racist McShootFace." The site later showed that account had been deleted."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/31964703/auction-for-gun-that-killed-trayvon-martin-possibly-hijacked

Hmmm, too bad the auction site did not required credit card to sign up, bidding on an auction is legally binding. It would be funny for the dumbscat to find himself in a financial hole he could never get free of without filing bankruptcy.

davidmcbeth

Banned

While I don't condone such actions I must say I found Grape's posting's information funny. "Racist McShootFace". LOL

I would give gunbroker the benefit ... closing the auction due to goofy bids v. objection to the sale itself; I think that there is ample evidence to support this viewpoint too.

Last edited:

TFred

Reading today's editorial page of my local newspaper, I ran across this syndicated column. Easily one of the most vile, race-baiting garbage pieces of propaganda I have seen in a long, long time.

I can't even bring myself to add a comment.

Pulitzer Prize winner, indeed, this article probably is or will be published in dozens of newspapers around the country.

TFred

Column: Gun auction reopens wounds in death of Trayvon Martin

solus

quote: In an interview with the Daily Beast, Zimmerman said Trayvon Martin's mother and father were bad parents who should "have an internal dialogue to see what they should have done better" in raising their 17-year-old son, whom Zimmerman shot dead during a struggle in Sanford, Fla. "They didn't raise their son right. He attacked a complete stranger and attempted to kill him," he said. "Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin did everything they could to capitalize on [their] son's death. She was never a mother figure to him. Tracy Martin couldn't have cared less about their son. He treated him like a dog without a leash." unquote.
http://www.newser.com/story/225278/zimmerman-insults-trayvon-martin-parents.html

just another bout of seeking his minute and a half of fame...

ipse

solus

Reading today's editorial page of my local newspaper, I ran across this syndicated column. Easily one of the most vile, race-baiting garbage pieces of propaganda I have seen in a long, long time. I can't even bring myself to add a comment.
Pulitzer Prize winner, indeed, this article probably is or will be published in dozens of newspapers around the country.
TFred Column: Gun auction reopens wounds in death of Trayvon Martin

wow, kinda like the lynching frenzy the citizens of NewNan (bloody article author can't even spell the name of the town right in his article!!) stir the masses up w/rhetoric, truthful or fanciful, and watch them react!!!

and we have been exhibiting this type of behaviour for years...

i find it interesting the author didn't mention those American service members involved in the Vietnam conflict taking the ears off of their dead or the Native Americans scalping settlers, or those in the Rain forest shrinking the heads of their adversary(ies).

guess humans have a macabre gene loose in our DNA ?

ipse