• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC Show Puyallup 3/24 - 3/25

fire suppressor

Sorry guys looks like I started a crap storm in here that was not my intent. I did ask a question looking for clarification and then voiced a concern that I have. I know my words where a little harsh but I was not trying to disown the origination. There are enough of you I have met in person and have respect for standing up for the WAC and that right there is enough to make me try and look differently at it. I still do have concerns and to be honest yes there are parts if their SOGs I do not agree with but would like to make it out there once before I make a firm decision. This thread has derailed we are not doing anyone any favors by calling each others names. Its OK not to agree with everyone on everything I still respect the people who chose to go and support the organization. No disrespect intended or directed at anyone

LkWd_Don

Sorry guys looks like I started a crap storm in here that was not my intent. I did ask a question looking for clarification and then voiced a concern that I have. I know my words where a little harsh but I was not trying to disown the origination. There are enough of you I have met in person and have respect for standing up for the WAC and that right there is enough to make me try and look differently at it. I still do have concerns and to be honest yes there are parts if their SOGs I do not agree with but would like to make it out there once before I make a firm decision. This thread has derailed we are not doing anyone any favors by calling each others names. Its OK not to agree with everyone on everything I still respect the people who chose to go and support the organization. No disrespect intended or directed at anyone

No Fire Suppressor, if you are referring to my question and all the resulting comments, you are NOT at fault.
When I saw this thread, I had thought I found where I could get answers. Oh, was I mistaken!

Again, not your fault, do not feel bad about your voicing a concern. After all, isn't that what our 1A rights are all about?

tombrewster421

Goes to show what little you know.

I was trying to communicate with folks rationally and they have been nothing but RUDE and now you accuse me of a tantrum? Read my quote below now.

He's saying that you're complaining to the wrong people by bashing WAC on this board. None of us here is on the board of directors for WAC so what is complaining to us going to accomplish? Complain to someone who can do something about it and possibly effect a change. It's no different than complaining about Wal-Mart on a truck forum because you got crappy tires instead of contacting Wal-Mart. Stop whining to us and voice your opinion to the right people.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
LkWd_Don, name calling is utterly out of place here. Attending a WAC show is not evil or harmful to others, its that person's free choice, something that I have no complaints about at all. My own choice is to not go, unless I change my mind later.

Disagree all you want, but no one here is deserving of your anger.

LkWd_Don

LkWd_Don, name calling is utterly out of place here. Attending a WAC show is not evil or harmful to others, its that person's free choice, something that I have no complaints about at all. My own choice is to not go, unless I change my mind later.

Disagree all you want, but no one here is deserving of your anger.

Maybe I need to go back and see where I was "Name calling" then.. I know I was telling some folks that I felt they were not being truthful and insinuated a couple of times that people were not (how does this site put it.. ) owning their own words, what I would call being adult and taking responsibility for their own words and actions.
If I have called people names, I will apologize right here and now for that.

I still have my suspicions and yes, time will tell, though I find it very interesting that people would insist they know if they are not at least a member of/or are on the BOD of WAC.

LkWd_Don

I must say, I went back through and after rereading all of my posts I am at a loss to know where I called anyone names.
LOL
As I have apologized for something I do not see that I did, maybe I should do the act that I needlessly apologized for, just for the satisfaction. :D

And if folks are so thin-skinned as to take offense at an insinuation, then they do not deserve an apology or are guilty of what they took offense at as they are strapping those shoes on and tying them up tight.

Trigger Dr

No Fire Suppressor, if you are referring to my question and all the resulting comments, you are NOT at fault.
When I saw this thread, I had thought I found where I could get answers. Oh, was I mistaken!

Again, not your fault, do not feel bad about your voicing a concern. After all, isn't that what our 1A rights are all about?

You found the answers, they were not what you wanted to hear, so that makes all of the WAC supporters the villians.

I understand that a few of those who have been around longer might resort to harassment but even that has repercussions. Or is that another subject that you might need to brush up on

Now you have also resorted to a veiled threat

LkWd_Don

You found the answers, they were not what you wanted to hear, so that makes all of the WAC supporters the villians.

I understand that a few of those who have been around longer might resort to harassment but even that has repercussions. Or is that another subject that you might need to brush up on

I would like to know where you see a "veiled threat" there, as you put it. Or is that implying that I was correct and you know there are those who were going to resort to harassment?

LkWd_Don

Considering that anyone who has had anything to do with Firearms safety knows, that you never point a firearm at someone unless you are ready to pull the trigger, I could claim that your choice of Avatar is an implied threat. But I doubt you had really given it any thought at all, which simply makes it a poor choice for any form of firearms enthusiast.

Trigger Dr

Maybe you should consider changing your screen name to Don Quixote with all the tilting at windmills that you are doing.
You have made your point.
You are bitter because you spent some money and gas.
You don't get the answers you want to hear.
All of us on the forum have our opinions, some mesh with yours, most do not.
Sorry 'bout that Skippy. Take a deep breath and think about it, it will get better.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Considering that anyone who has had anything to do with Firearms safety knows, that you never point a firearm at someone unless you are ready to pull the trigger, I could claim that your choice of Avatar is an implied threat. But I doubt you had really given it any thought at all, which simply makes it a poor choice for any form of firearms enthusiast.

Oh brother....
You might consider those on this forum for several years have labored over this movement. Many that you have criticized have been in handcuffs for OC. Your lack of respect is very telling on who you are.....

LkWd_Don

I see he has nothing to say in regards to my last post. #103
I had read it. Do I have to reply to each and every post?
If that is the case, maybe I should go back and look for all that I have failed to respond to.

Just like I have seen the posts where folks have in effect admitted to being members of WAC. And I have seen where folks are telling me that none of the BOD of WAC post in here.
So I have to ask.. does only the BOD have any say in the operation of the WAC?
The members are not the power base of the club and have absolutely no say in its operation? And before anyone tries to give me incorrect responses, be advised that when a Non-Profit registers with the Secretary of States (SOS) office they have to give the SOS a copy of not only their Articles of Incorporation but a copy of their By-Laws as well.
When either their Articles or By-Laws change, they are supposed to file updated copies and those are all public records that anyone can obtain for a simple copying fee.

Now if you will each look at what is going on here. You post something disparaging me and I have been reflecting it back at you.
I have even apologized when I saw that someone who was being rational and did not need to apologize, did.
But I continue to receive additional attacks! The Mob mentality is not really going to help your case!

SpyderTattoo

You do not get it do you?

I am beginning to think I need to break out a box of crayons and draw a picture to make it understandable, but knowing that we are all supposed to be adult here. I will try this again.

What part of !! EVERYWHERE !! do you not get?

I did not see the WAC AD at their WEBSITE!
I did not See or hear their Ad on the Radio!
I did not See it here till after I found I wasted my time/gas and just happened to find this thread!

I will say it again for like the 5th time!
Where it was that I saw it, was at the NRA Website! There was no mention of Members Only or any other specification that ONLY Members would be allowed to Carry or to Purchase in the venue.

Do you get it now?

Or do I need to try to speak more on a child's level for you to understand?

So, you're upset that you didn't find the WAC rules on an ad you saw on another website?
And what was it that I said that prompted the personal attack? I simply said that you should volunteer at the OC table. There are many reasons to do this. It's fun to talk to people face to face and educate them about OC. You also have a better chance to see how many people do not handle their firearms safely. Any of the guys that have worked the OC table or other tables there know what I'm talking about.

My response to you wasn't rude in any way and your attitude here isn't appreciated. You're new around here and probably haven't gone through what a lot of us have gone through in the last few years regarding open carry. This subject has been argued here many times before, and frankly, we're all tired of this subject coming up. You have your opinions and that's fine. Respect our opinions. We've tried to explain our reasoning to you but it's not what you want to hear, so lets just drop it.

WAC is an organization that facilitates gun-lovers to come together and exchange goods and ideas. WAC isn't violating anyone's rights, it's anyone's choice to go to the shows or not. Walk a mile in our shoes before passing such judgement.

I hope you have a better day, it seems like you're a bitter person. I think if you were to meet us in person you would have a different attitude and see that we're not the bad guys.

tombrewster421

I had read it. Do I have to reply to each and every post?
If that is the case, maybe I should go back and look for all that I have failed to respond to.

Just like I have seen the posts where folks have in effect admitted to being members of WAC. And I have seen where folks are telling me that none of the BOD of WAC post in here.
So I have to ask.. does only the BOD have any say in the operation of the WAC?
The members are not the power base of the club and have absolutely no say in its operation? And before anyone tries to give me incorrect responses, be advised that when a Non-Profit registers with the Secretary of States (SOS) office they have to give the SOS a copy of not only their Articles of Incorporation but a copy of their By-Laws as well.
When either their Articles or By-Laws change, they are supposed to file updated copies and those are all public records that anyone can obtain for a simple copying fee.

Now if you will each look at what is going on here. You post something disparaging me and I have been reflecting it back at you.
I have even apologized when I saw that someone who was being rational and did not need to apologize, did.
But I continue to receive additional attacks! The Mob mentality is not really going to help your case!

That's right. Politics is politics. It's very difficult for the little guy to accomplish anything. Maybe if they were to actually get a letter from every person that feels the way you do (stating that they won't be spending any money there) they may actually reevaluate their policies. Complaining to us about it will accomplish nothing. The worst part is that we have to hear this crap every single month. You'd be a little frustrated too. I'm just trying to get you to voice your opinion in the right direction.

So please, do what we here at OCDO do and send a letter to the organization in question and report back with their reply. It's much more productive than beating a dead horse.

P.S. Their bylaws are posted on there web site. No need to pay the gov for that information.

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

You are mistaken. The Puyallup fairgrounds is not publiclally owned it is private property.

http://www.thefair.com/utility/about-us/board_management.php

(directed toward LkWd_Don)

If that is truly the case, I apologize for my thinking the Fairgrounds are owned & operated by the State. And with the post by SpyderTattoo further down both insisting that WAC was simply abiding by the rules they had to agree to and were applying accordingly to their customers, that now gives me something more to consider.
Meaning, as to.. "if" I ever wish to fund or refuse funding the Western Washington Fairgrounds (TheFair.com) the same way as I refuse to provide patronage to others who would infringe upon, abridge, deny or otherwise disparage my rights under either the State or Federal Constitutions.

When I can prove what has been said for myself, (most likely after contacting the management at TheFair.com), you can rest assured that I will be disseminating what information I gather, to all that I know who are of like mind-sets.

Then I was berated again and had to post the following!

I know I already acknowledged this, but I was mistaken about it being State property. There should be no further need for me to capitulate in that regard.

I have however, done some research and see that there are those who have told me I am wrong, that are grossly mistaken.

Rather than make accusations, I will post a few links and allow folks to read for themselves. I challenge anyone to find in any of these documents, where the Management of the Puyallup Fair in any way restricts firearms from their facilities.

Fair Facility Rental Handbook dtd: January 2011
http://www.thefair.com/_assets/edit...AE6F57FDEA55_FacilityRentalHandbook_Jan11.pdf

Fair Fire and Safety Requirements handbook Revised December 2008
http://www.thefair.com/_assets/edit...4A7E9F8CF95862A5927768_SafetyRequirements.pdf

Washington State Fairs By-Laws
http://wastatefairs.com/index_files/bylaws.pdf

Then rather than anyone owning up to either not knowing the real reason or telling me that they were not members of WAC, I was bombarded with rationalizations and suggestions that did not take into account my knowledge or background. Just as a bit of background on me, of my three handguns, two were purchased at Gun Shows, one of them here in Washington State and the third was a purchase new at LEEDS in Tacoma. Some of you may recognize me if you ever actually meet me, but I will say that such a meeting will not occur at a WAC sponsored event.

Maybe you should spend some time there, volunteering at the OC table. You might see some mishandled firearms. As I've said before, I have been a member for 17 years and worked there for 2 years. I've seen a massive ammount of mishandled firearms.

Here I was told by at least one person of being a member of WAC, yet in a later post the poster claimed that I was not talking to WAC members. So are you now telling me that dishonesty when there is never a good reason to be, is NOT being RUDE as well as being dishonest?

So, you're upset that you didn't find the WAC rules on an ad you saw on another website?
And what was it that I said that prompted the personal attack? I simply said that you should volunteer at the OC table. There are many reasons to do this. It's fun to talk to people face to face and educate them about OC. You also have a better chance to see how many people do not handle their firearms safely. Any of the guys that have worked the OC table or other tables there know what I'm talking about.

My response to you wasn't rude in any way and your attitude here isn't appreciated. You're new around here and probably haven't gone through what a lot of us have gone through in the last few years regarding open carry. This subject has been argued here many times before, and frankly, we're all tired of this subject coming up. You have your opinions and that's fine. Respect our opinions. We've tried to explain our reasoning to you but it's not what you want to hear, so lets just drop it.

WAC is an organization that facilitates gun-lovers to come together and exchange goods and ideas. WAC isn't violating anyone's rights, it's anyone's choice to go to the shows or not. Walk a mile in our shoes before passing such judgement.

I hope you have a better day, it seems like you're a bitter person. I think if you were to meet us in person you would have a different attitude and see that we're not the bad guys.

I have never hidden the fact that I was asking WHY WAC could not insure that EVERYWHERE they advertised, that they could not have insured their rules were clearly understood upfront! Said another way, as they are a Non-Profit and with them expecting to charge Money for entrance to a show.. Then the TRUTH IN ADVERTISING LAWS APPLY!
Would WAC prefer I bring this to their attention informally in a forum such as this or formally via action in a court of law? And could they afford that type of action?
If WAC is really a place for gun-lovers to come together and exchange GOODS and ideas, then why do they restrict the exchange of goods to members only? I perceive this as being little more than propaganda or a copy/paste statement from their Articles of Incorporation.
My problem isn't with individuals as the comment of "I hope you have a better day, it seems like you're a bitter person. I think if you were to meet us in person you would have a different attitude and see that we're not the bad guys" assumes. My problem is with the WAC and how it is being managed.
As for someones suggestion that I contact WAC directly and voice my concerns. I did that three years ago when I was inquiring why they do not offer a Military Discount for entrance to their events. I was rudely ignored then as I never got a response, so I consider that as just being another completely RUDE suggestion.

Interesting!
Now to go over a couple other things. Yes..
I was mistaken in my belief that the Western Washington State Fair Grounds belonged to the State, I was corrected, I apologized!
My nose was rubbed in that the fact that I was mistaken? Is that not RUDE?

I have admitted to mistakes!
I have told another who thought that he was responsible for MY actions and apologizing for me, that He had no reason to apologize!
Meaning that I have taken responsibility for my Words! It also shows that I have apologized for my own Actions!

Who else other than fire suppressor, has even come close to being as adult and accepting responsibility of their own words/acts?

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

That would be great "IF" he could volunteer at the OC table, but he would have to be a WAC member. A recent rule change requires that anyone manning a table must be a member.
Oh, by the way, we do have at least one member of the BOD who posts here.

waterfowl woody

Dear WAC BOD member

please inform us to why a organization that was put together to defend our 2A rights is now taking our rights away when we come to visit your public gun show. Why are legal american citizens stripped of there 2A rights when they come to your public gun shows. If it really is about insurance companies not allowing, then why are you using them? Isn't that what this is all about, our rights! If this is a private organization then I don't mind any by laws your members will except, but having a public show why is WAC not following law?

I am a american citizen that believes in my rights and will not attend any of your events as long as your group, WAC, is taking our rights away. I will also continue to urge other 2A supporters to think twice about attending any WAC event until you uphold the law as your group is together for the reason of protecting the 2A.

Thanks for your time

massivedesign

please inform us to why a organization that was put together to defend our 2A rights is now taking our rights away when we come to visit your public gun show. Why are legal american citizens stripped of there 2A rights when they come to your public gun shows. If it really is about insurance companies not allowing, then why are you using them? Isn't that what this is all about, our rights! If this is a private organization then I don't mind any by laws your members will except, but having a public show why is WAC not following law?

I am a american citizen that believes in my rights and will not attend any of your events as long as your group, WAC, is taking our rights away. I will also continue to urge other 2A supporters to think twice about attending any WAC event until you uphold the law as your group is together for the reason of protecting the 2A.

Thanks for your time

I am pretty sure that the WAC BOD will not use social media / forums to discuss policies. Being a president of a non-profit myself, albeit smaller, there is some pretty typical board directives on how the board communicates with the general public, the media and the membership. Your best bet is to fire off an email, a registered letter etc, then post up here the results, if any.

The WAC BOD member who posts up on here doesn't do so on behalf of the WAC, he is a member on here, who participates in what OCDO is about. The fact that he is also a BOD member is mute on these forums. There are PLENTY of us on here who are WAC members though.

Last edited: