• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what do you carry

Schlepnier

Taurus millenium pro-compact.
.45 ACP
Hi-cap mag + 2 standard spares

145BP.jpg

Last edited:

1911er

It looks like alot of people carry the 40 cal I recently found out that is the caliber most federal security/marshals are issued. And I also found out that A blackhawk 3 slot pancake made for the glock 17 will fit my 4006tsw it actualy fits with the rail mounted on there

skiingislife725

It looks like alot of people carry the 40 cal I recently found out that is the caliber most federal security/marshals are issued. And I also found out that A blackhawk 3 slot pancake made for the glock 17 will fit my 4006tsw it actualy fits with the rail mounted on there

I think it had a lot to do with that FBI Miami shootout in '86. Although if you listen to the biggest names for instruction, they're all running 9's. I figure I'll defer to those guys, I don't have a lot of faith in law enforcement to be my deciding factor. Especially after talking to one of the firearms instructors for the Dept of Justice Seattle branch...he was trying to tell me that Glocks go off by dropping them and that's why he only carries a Sig. I knew there was no winning with him (he's kind of head strong anyways), so I just smiled and nodded.

Here's an interesting article from one of the biggest names, Rob Pincus: http://www.imakenews.com/valhalla/e_article002168437.cfm?x=bk1b43S,bj7QPlVl,w

decklin

What I'm learning from this thread is to stay off boats! That's three of you talking about a boating accident.
It's too bad 'cause I really like boats...

rapgood

Sig Sauer P228 OC & Walther PPK CC.
And when I'm standing or sitting on my front porch because I've been awakened by an unknown commotion at 4:30 am, a Remington Wingmaster 870.
--R

Lammo

What I'm learning from this thread is to stay off boats! That's three of you talking about a boating accident.
It's too bad 'cause I really like boats...

"Inside" joke. When they come looking for the guns you've purchased from FFLs based on their sales records, THOSE guns have all been lost in a "tragic boating accident". You don't have any other guns, at least not that they can prove. :)

EtdBob

I’m surprised that so far only one feller has confessed to carrying a wheel gun!
Why all the reciprocators?

I often carry a good ‘ol second gen police trade in Glock 17 in a Fobus paddle holster, but I also like to carry a thumbuster when carrying openly.
In the past I have carried a 7-1/2 inch Ruger Bisley .44 magnum on a cowboy gunbelt openly around Spokane, or a beautiful American Arms .44 magnum ( Uberti made ) in a homemade pancake holster.
That pretty gun with its color case hardening, shiny brass backstrap, and dark rosewood grips got me lots of complements!

But these days I’ve gone in for something lighter, one of the new limited edition Lipseys Ruger .44 special Sherriff models. I reckon this is one fine carry piece.
Right now I’m loading a home-cast 200 grain round nose flat pointed slug over 7 grains of Unique and a standard primer. This is a pretty mild load for the .44 special and leaves this short barreled hogleg at about 975 fps for about 422 foot pounds of energy.
Skeeter liked his famous load of 7.5 grains Unique and a 250 grain semiwadcutter for all purpose use in this caliber, and I may have to try that someday.
I do wonder a bit about over penetration on two legged critters with the .44 special, but I don’t like casting hollow points and I don’t think I want to push the slugs to slowly.

Edit - Oops, my bad. I see a total of three other folks here have confessed to at carrying a wheelie gun at least some of the time…

Attachments

• 05146rt.jpg
    05146rt.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

ramkatral

Usually my XD9 subcompact. I alternate between open and concealed so I like something small. I have the extended grip magazines so I have a full hand grip when OC. Otherwise, I occasionally carry my Glock in .357 Sig.

DamonK

g2.jpgI carry a 5" matchmaster from Olympic Arms. It's a 1911 type, extremely accurate, and very easy to shoot. Also, thanks to the finger lip on the front of the grip, extemely hard to get out of my hand:D I carry it in a Galco leather hoster. If I'm out in the woods, it's a ruger super redhawk with a 7" barrel in 44.

Course, that was before the boating accident...:p

Last edited:

Levi

Any chance I can get GPS coordinates to this maritime incident? On a completely unrelated note, anyone have an underwater metal detector I can borrow?