• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what do you carry

Crunchtyme

Before I turned them All in at a "Cash for guns" event sponsored by Law Enforcement. (Anonymity was of course guaranteed )
I carried
a M&P 40 in a Safariland 6378
a M&P40C w/ APEX Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (DCAEK) in a Versa Max II
Blackhawk .41mag 6" in a no name holster bought in Tijuana in 1979, for the woods walking.
and a P22 when I needed something, and had nowhere to put anything.

Oh, I lost my long guns on a hunting trip when the canoe flipped. The water was so cold, I got brain freeze and I forgot where the Cash for guns event was held.

Wolfebane

SigArms 1911 GSR Revolution - The Official Handgun of Blackwater....(I like to tell the lefties that bit.) with light rail and night sights. Condition One with a round in the pipe and an 8 round mag + 2 spare 8 round mags.

Knowledge

<- The gun under my name is what I carry, S&W M&P9. Don't own any other ones... from what I've been reading though I should get a boat... I think:eek:

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
My every day carry piece is an alloy framed EAA Witness in 9mm. It's a great, moderately priced handgun, modeled on the CZ series. For CC I recently bought a Bersa Thunder Pro Ultra Compact in 9mm. The same holster actually works for both.

El Comanche

P3at

Kel-Tec P3AT.380acp either unchambered with the belt clip or in a Graham "Night Owl" pocket holster with a thumb push release and one in the pipe. I don't care how many tough guys say it's too small. I ALWAYS have it and it's never an inconvenience, even in shorts and a t-shirt. And yes, as much as it sucks to do so, I can shoot it well ;)

I should also mention that there is always a "key defender" pepper spray attached to my keys and at least one Spyderco pocket folder on me at all times. Gives me lots of options in a lightweight package.

Last edited:

sirpuma

Usually this
Springfield%20XD-45%20Tactical%20OD_sm.jpg

Sometimes this though mine is an F not an FS.
BerettaM92FS.jpg

And I CC with this
S%26W6904compact.jpg

Of course if I'm feeling sassy and want to dress up I might carry this
10595.jpg

DeltaOps

Glock 21 GEN 3 .45 ACP SS Rod Assembly and HiViz Sights in the front. During the day, Serpa CQC level 2, either belt or paddle, depends on what I am wearing. At night I will put on the UTG Tactical Drop Leg Holster. Glock will always have the tac light at night.

hermannr

Colt revolver, or one of several CZ's, even an old fire spitting 52 on occation. The 52 was the first non-wheely I own, liked it so much I bought more CZs. All old, the 85 is from 1991. Most frequent carry these days is the CZ85 in an Alessi leather holster.

Last edited:

Fibresteve

Have been carrying a Sig P228 in a Blackhawk paddle until last week when I picked up a Smith & Wesson M&P 40c. The M&P is lighter then the Sig and carries well so far. Shoots rather nice too!

Greg30-06

Either a Taurus 24/7 pro .40, or a ruger sp101 .357 when I want it to fit in many pocket. Unfortunately I was carrying both of them when I fell
overboard while crabbing :'(

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I have my PADI SCUBA certification, I just need to get some SCUBA gear. Cause it looks like I could get quite the collection of guns in Puget Sound, to include finding my Taurus 24/7 9mm that I used to carry.

1911er

As the wife and I are moving back down south we are shipping 99% of our stuff via freighter., To galveston and they were struck by a large sea mamal and lost 15 containers ours being one of them. And with my 2400 pounds of gun safes inside it went straight to the bottom.In about 2200 feet of water. Gonna have to start all over again with my collection.