Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 93

Thread: Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

  1. #51
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by MiracleWik View Post
    I'm sure if he wasn't there, there were plenty more cars backed up behind the searched ones. After all, they DID have a reliable source....

    -Ashley
    Often times when police say they had a "reliable" source, it's really nothing more than a hunch.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  2. #52
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bastrop, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    Often times when police say they had a "reliable" source, it's really nothing more than a hunch.
    Last edited by Jack House; 06-15-2012 at 03:44 PM.

  3. #53
    Regular Member davidmcbeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    13,480
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    “They all granted permission" ???

    This cannot possibly be true.

    "
    People are lambs ... baaaa baaaa ... go ahead and search my caaaaar

  4. #54
    Regular Member Sig229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Yes, it needed to be re-calibrated.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

  5. #55
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bastrop, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    People are lambs ... baaaa baaaa ... go ahead and search my caaaaar
    I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #56
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    I've done it.

    I had a cop pull a gun on me, and I yelled at him to holster it.......and he did....

    I was also 16, and had the 'invincible' mentality...
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

  7. #57
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bastrop, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    I was also 16, and had the 'invincible' mentality...
    Would you do that today? I'd hope not, you'd probably get shot.

  8. #58
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    15,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Would you do that today? I'd hope not, you'd probably get shot.
    I know it has happened recently with a friend of mine.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #59
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights.

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    I wouldn't physically resist, but I'd tell him "no" all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

    And he'd be recorded (and maybe streamed live) being told "no".

  10. #60
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bastrop, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I wouldn't physically resist, but I'd tell him "no" all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

    And he'd be recorded (and maybe streamed live) being told "no".
    I'd like to think I'd say no too, but until I'm staring down the barrel of a gun being held by a man that has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for my rights, I can't be certain how I'd respond.

  11. #61
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'd like to think I'd say no too, but until I'm staring down the barrel of a gun being held by a man that has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for my rights, I can't be certain how I'd respond.
    What's he going to do, shoot me?

    If he does, my mother gets her condo paid off and my cousin gets her own condo.

    With any luck, the cop gets to try out gay marriage... in prison.

  12. #62
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    15,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I wouldn't physically resist, but I'd tell him "no" all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

    And he'd be recorded (and maybe streamed live) being told "no".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'd like to think I'd say no too, but until I'm staring down the barrel of a gun being held by a man that has demonstrated an utter lack of respect for my rights, I can't be certain how I'd respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    What's he going to do, shoot me?

    If he does, my mother gets her condo paid off and my cousin gets her own condo.

    With any luck, the cop gets to try out gay marriage... in prison.
    Been there done that, it actually isn't that hard once you get over your fight or flight instinct......and actually made me more determined not to "cooperate" after looking down the barrel of an officers Glock.

    I still shudder and have bad thoughts of what could have happened though, I am just glad cops are statistically lousy shots........
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  13. #63
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    What's he going to do, shoot me?

    If he does, my mother gets her condo paid off and my cousin gets her own condo.

    With any luck, the cop gets to try out gay marriage... in prison.
    Maybe but the officer could get off scott-free by saying you made a "threating move", I can't remeber the official term they use but I know they have used that defense before.

    I agree with you that we should resist any unlawful command and resist crocked cops. I just hope there are witnesses and better yet film of a crocked cop killing you. Unlike the Culpepper incedent were the cop is the only one still alive that knows what was said to make the lady fear for her life that she had to run.

  14. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights.
    Been there, done that. I had already told him I wished to remain silent. His fragile ego coudln't stand my continued silence as I sat handcuffed in the chair so he aimed a Glock at my chest and demanded I answer the questions. I remained silent and he didn't shoot.

  15. #65
    Regular Member davidmcbeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    13,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'd like to see you say no to someone pointing a gun at your face that has already demonstrated an utter lack of respect for your rights.
    I've had it happen several times ... pulled over for speeding,
    cop pulls his gun and says "can I search your car?"
    then I say: "why, you expecting to find more evidence of my speeding in the trunk?"
    And as they scratch their head tell them no.

    Really, chances of getting shot: zero.

    All is well, remain calm!

  16. #66
    Regular Member davidmcbeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    13,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Been there, done that. I had already told him I wished to remain silent. His fragile ego coudln't stand my continued silence as I sat handcuffed in the chair so he aimed a Glock at my chest and demanded I answer the questions. I remained silent and he didn't shoot.
    You should have said "that gun ain't loaded!" lol

  17. #67
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...r-bank-robber/ Thank goodness the Bad Guy was found in the last sheeple car searched. Can you imagine the sheeple look on their faces if they found him in the second sheeple car searched but kept on searching? After all, they had permission.
    Well, what else did you expect them to do? They obviously dont feel like doing real police work. So instead they become criminals themselves.
    Eye95......
    “I am not with you. If the particular way in which you choose to break the laws is to take up arms against the government, know that I will, at the moment, choose to stand on the government's side and take up arms against you."
    In reference to the March on DC.

    The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

  18. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,315
    I'm certain there's already a thread about the Culpepper shooting incident in the Virginia sub-forum.

    If someone wishes to move all discussion about that incident over to the appropriate thread, especially a moderator/administrator type person who is engaged in this discussion, it would be greatly appreciated.


    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Maybe but the officer could get off scott-free by saying you made a "threating move", I can't remeber the official term they use but I know they have used that defense before.

    I agree with you that we should resist any unlawful command and resist crocked cops. I just hope there are witnesses and better yet film of a crocked cop killing you. Unlike the Culpepper incedent were the cop is the only one still alive that knows what was said to make the lady fear for her life that she had to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There is no evidence, testimony or factual report that the lady was in fear of her life. Fact of the matter is we don't know why she ran/drove away.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    This is my point as most people don't start driving away when they are talking to someone and that someone reaches into their vehicle UNLESS they are scared for their life. I'm sure it wasn't lets take this nice cop for a ride.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Frightened, confused, belligerent, even scared possibly; but scared for her life over having had her DL requested - not likely. Don't see the way of her driving off as being germane to the case in any event.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I have never heard of anyone casusally driving away while not taking time to remove their sun shade, while rolling up their window as they are being shot. I'm sure that is all that was said was the officers polite asking for her DL. This leaves the question of why was his arm in her window if all he did was ask for her DL? There is more here than the cop is saying, something was said or done to make her drive away and roll up her window without removing her sun shade. Her actions are more in the line with panic than a reasoned thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    You may be right.

    Still I cannot conclude that she casually drove away, rolling up the window with one hand, holding driving license w/another, steering the vehicle with yet another. She only needed 1 more hand to remove the sun screen. See, I can make unwarranted/unsupported assumptions too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Not so wild assumptions as someone doesn't calmly drive away without removing the blocked view. People in a panic will try to get away from the threat be it real or not. In a vehicle this would be done by rolling up the window, locking the door and driving away the three things that a person can do to put a barrier between the threat and the person. What makes me think she was paniced is that she didn't take the time to remove the shade to see where she was going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    My point is that any assumption of her mental process is unwarranted - not that she was panicked, not that she was delusional, not that she was reasonable. We only know what she did and/or did not do physically or claimed to have done by others.
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Any assumptions on any of her anything is now moot, pure speculation, Interwebs forum blather. It is a he said-she can't say. The state has a tough row to hoe. She is dead and dead women tell no tales.

    If this cop gets convicted of anything substantive I will be pleasantly surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You emphasized the wrong part of Doc Walker's point. Try this:



    This does not say he wasn't justified. It merely states the fact that the only other witness is dead.

  19. #69
    Super Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    28,897
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I'm certain there's already a thread about the Culpepper shooting incident in the Virginia sub-forum.

    If someone wishes to move all discussion about that incident over to the appropriate thread, especially a moderator/administrator type person who is engaged in this discussion, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Point taken - got too distracted and not aware of where I was - moved them.
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

    Yata hey

  20. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    362
    Thanks, much cleaner thread now.

    What's the status of this in Auroro or CO? Didn't we have a member who was making sure this didn't get buried? Has any of the victims filed suit or threatened to file suit?

  21. #71
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    8,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Point taken - got too distracted and not aware of where I was - moved them.
    Did you read the posts you moved? Or, did you move posts based on the user name only?

    See my post in the VA sub-forum - Culpeper thread, Post #1515, Page 38. That post, formerly in this thread, was in response to Tucker6900, Post #67 above which I believed at that time to be on topic for this thread.

    After reviewing Tucker6900's Post #67, above, and my response to it, it appears to me that my response remains on topic.

    ....meh....
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

    Politicians are the tyrants 3000 miles away; thug cops are 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. (Adapted from Benjamin Martin, fictional character extraordinaire)

  22. #72
    Super Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    28,897
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Did you read the posts you moved? Or, did you move posts based on the user name only?

    See my post in the VA sub-forum - Culpeper thread, Post #1515, Page 38. That post, formerly in this thread, was in response to Tucker6900, Post #67 above which I believed at that time to be on topic for this thread.

    After reviewing Tucker6900's Post #67, above, and my response to it, it appears to me that my response remains on topic.

    ....meh....
    PM incoming.
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

    Yata hey

  23. #73
    Regular Member M-Taliesin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Well, what else did you expect them to do? They obviously dont feel like doing real police work. So instead they become criminals themselves.
    Howdy Folks!
    Let these words pose the question:

    "Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it?" Patrick Henry

    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

  24. #74
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fed Way Washington
    Posts
    3,645
    You've got a choice, let the police search your car or let the doctor search your body for the bullets the cops will put there.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  25. #75
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    You've got a choice, let the police search your car or let the doctor search your body for the bullets the cops will put there.
    Then shoot me.

    That cop's going to get frequent cavity searches, care of his cellmate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •