• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw another OC'er tonight, had to lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will.40

His response was stupid and could have got him shot to death. Who comes at an armed person in a aggressive manner then starts to pull a pistol....short answer someone not long for this world!

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

I didn't know how to react when he did that. I have only been OC'ing for a month or two but I have always been told that the only time your sidearm comes out when carrying is when you have to use it hopefully I will never have to use it but that's what I go by. I couldn't believe he did it "supposedly" they go through training but its just common sense not to do it.

langzaiguy

@Old Style I'm not defending the dude or condoning his actions. I'm trying to come up with some sort of rationale as to what he did what he did.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
@Old Style I'm not defending the dude or condoning his actions. I'm trying to come up with some sort of rationale as to what he did what he did.

And he was a "trained professional with a card that says so!" I have my CDWL, but in no way do I believe it makes me something I'm not, like an idiot such as this. He obviously wanted everyone to SEE his firearm, but he wants to act like he is better because his is concealed. I would surely like to know what this man was thinking as well, but I guess some people just don't make sense! He must have been another of those "you only have rights if you exercise them like I do" folks!

rscottie

Maybe this guy only has this one extended magazine that will properly feed and this is his only firearm.

Perhaps he was going out and had to make the decision on whether to carry or not to carry.

While his method of carry is not mine, I will not fault him for it. In fact, he chose to OC, and for that I salute him.

Perhaps others will see him carrying one of those evil 12 inch long magazines and realize that he is not causing trouble.

He is just carrying a firearm, nothing more, nothing less.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That's an "extended grip" to allow him to control his weapon better, so there will be no danger to nearby, innocent bystanders. Using the "baseball bat grip" will enable him to score "10 ring" hits at 400 yds. and better control the powerful recoil of that 9 mm. handgun. Seriously, I have two of those magazines, one in 9 mm and one .40 cal. I shoot them at the range all the time, but never considered OC'ing with one. I may decide to do it, now. It certainly provokes a discussion.

Haha. I have tried several of my Glocks with this hold, bu something just wasn't right! I do carry the 22 round .40/.357 Glock mags. in my pouch sometimes in place of my standard 15 rounders, but I haven't carried one in my firearm. The 22 round .40/.357 mags. are OEM and not much longer than the 15 round mags; you get 14 more rounds and it is no more trouble than carrying the standard mags; not bad if you ask me.

While on the subject, has anyone tried the 29 round .40cal. schrader mags.?

MainelyGlock

Awesome photo! When I walk through the Portland ghetto at night, I use my 24-round magazine in my Glock 22. Certainly cuts down on reloading time should I ever have to use it, and looks a bit more menacing to the hood rats too. Might look silly to some, but it's certainly more practical in some ways!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--deleted in appreciation and acknowledgement that PFC HALE edited/deleted his comment by choice --

Your comment is entirely out of order, sir, and a violation of forum rules.

The standard has been set - we do not insult others. Trust that more will not have to be said.

This thread has been an exchange of ideas/reactions to the photograph in the OP - it has been a discussion. That is what we do on OCDO.

Last edited:

PFC HALE

ill rephrase my statement.

the title and first post is insulting to an individual...

I have no clue why he would think he needs to walk around with a 30 round mag sticking out other than to attract attention and make himself look pretty stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Sundiver

Maybe he thought he had another mag handy and didn't. Maybe his kid spilled Mt.Dew all over everything at the last minute. Who cares? He's free to carry what he chooses and he DOES choose to OC. That's important.

tcox4freedom

That's not a hi-cap magazine. Its a snap on recoil reducer...DUH! lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I hate it when someone waves their big black long Glock in my face. It's very discomforting.

Yes, especially if they carry it cross draw in the 11 o'clock position.

^^^ROLFLOL^^^

I'm with you. He looks likes some young wannabe tough guy to me. (JMHO)

All I know is as I get older (in my 50's now), I want to downsize everything I can in my life. I guess I'm in that stage we're the importance of comfort out ways my paranoia. I usually carry 11rds of 45acp in my hg and an extra 12. But honestly, I do find this to be just a sign of immaturity & in experience.

-

KYGlockster

Activist Member
^^^ROLFLOL^^^

I'm with you. He looks likes some young wannabe tough guy to me. (JMHO)

All I know is as I get older (in my 50's now), I want to downsize everything I can in my life. I guess I'm in that stage we're the importance of comfort out ways my paranoia. I usually carry 11rds of 45acp in my hg and an extra 12. But honestly, I do find this to be just a sign of immaturity & in experience.

-

Lguy was speaking about the guy who flashed his concealed firearm and CDWL at a yard sale, not the gentleman in the photograph.

MKEgal

My opinion about the original pictures:
1) I think it's excessive
2) looks uncomfortable & awkward
3) it doesn't matter what I think - I'm not his mother & I'm not married to him

Glock9mmOldStyle said:
I carry 52 without much attention. Does that make me look stupid? 17+1 +17 +17
It's that 2nd extra mag that does it.
The full gun + 1 backup is tasteful, but the second extra tips the ensemble over the line into gauche.
:rolleyes:

Will.40 said:
then he pulls his gun halfway out of his pocket
Glock9mmOldStyle said:
His response was stupid and could have got him shot to death.
Who comes at an armed person in a aggressive manner then starts to pull a pistol...
What he said.
That guy was monumentally stupid, & seems to me to be actually showing off, as opposed to the person OC, who is simply carrying.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
You all missed the much more important issue that skidmark introduced to this thread.

... anybody ever heard of Santa being on the gooberment payroll?)

He's a secret gooberment spy, I tell you. He works for DHS ( and probably a bunch of other acronyms) and is sent to illegally spy on all of us in our homes. And he keeps a LIST! Naughty or Nice? More likely caliber and number of rounds! We're all on his secret gooberment list! Where's the outrage at this? How come we all let him get away with this (and leave him cookies)?

As far as the guy pictured in the OP, not the way I'd carry, but to each his own.

tcox4freedom

Lguy was speaking about the guy who flashed his concealed firearm and CDWL at a yard sale, not the gentleman in the photograph.

Gotcha- (Like I said I'm getting older & I'm not as quick as I used to be.) :lol:

My opinion about the original pictures:
1) I think it's excessive
2) looks uncomfortable & awkward
3) it doesn't matter what I think - I'm not his mother & I'm not married to him

It's that 2nd extra mag that does it.
The full gun + 1 backup is tasteful, but the second extra tips the ensemble over the line into gauche.
:rolleyes:

What he said.
That guy was monumentally stupid, & seems to me to be actually showing off, as opposed to the person OC, who is simply carrying.

Plus 1+

To me , I just think young and/or immature newbie when I see things like this.

-

OC for ME

Maybe....just maybe, his wife/GF bought if for him. He don't like it, may actually hate it, like when wives/GFs buy you shoes you don't like. But ya gotta wear it to keep her happy.

Happy wife, happy life.....just sayin.

Aeroflame

Sure your right

if you don't carry the same make, caliber, color, length, weight, finish and series in the same way, with the same ammo, bought at the same store, in the same type of holster, on the same days, at the same places, and say the same words when asked about it as i do; you are doing it wrong and need to change immediately, until i change , then you will be expected to change, too. Some people get it and some people just don't, even here on ocdo. Its about liberty and doing as you please without being bothered by busybodies.

amen brother!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you don't carry the same make, caliber, color, length, weight, finish and series in the same way, with the same ammo, bought at the same store, in the same type of holster, on the same days, at the same places, and say the same words when asked about it as I do; you are doing it wrong and need to change immediately, until I change , then you will be expected to change, too. Some people get it and some people just don't, even here on OCDO. Its about liberty and doing as you please without being bothered by busybodies.

Not directed at Gutshot, but replied to here as it reminded me of circumstances germane to this thread.

OCDO does have a goal, tempered and controlled by standards defined by the owners, Mike and John. This includes defining what type of gun will be promoted here and how.

Included within these pages is the statement that OCDO promotes open carry as we go about our normal everyday lives while carrying properly holstered handguns. What is not so evident is the desire (unwritten rule?) that these be "normal" handguns, traditional pistols and revolvers. Yes, I aware of the freedom to carry what we chose, unrestricted, but that is not the point. It is about public perception and moving the ball forward through a maze known as public opinion. The final verdict on what will be posted here lies solely with Mike and John, whom I view as excellent proponents and trustees of our RKBA.

I see an extra long magazine reaching nearly a foot beyond the mag well as hardly being what I would normally expect AND such would good media copy for the antis. AK and AR style pistols are similarly received, not in favor. Long guns are restricted with limited exception.

Bottom line - we do have some lines from which we must not stray lest we negatively impact the intent of OCDO and our privilege of posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.