Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition to Repeal Blue Card

Petition to Repeal Blue Card from NVFAC

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Clark County Board of County Commission.

----------------
    Audit Handgun Registration Unit/Repeal Codes/Destroy Records 12.04

The Clark County Handgun Registration Program was developed to control the use of guns by the mob. That no longer applies to Clark County. The Sheriff's Department is estimated to be $68 million over budget and the approximate cost of the registration program is $2 million, and the Sheriff wants more tax money to operate. The Sheriff has not been able to justify any cost benefits of this program. These funds can be better used to put deputies back on to patrol by eliminating a wasteful program. The destruction of outdated records will save storage costs and eliminate personal information no longer necessary to be retained by the County. The Sheriff failed to audit the program per Commission request, so an independent audit is required.

http://www.change.org/petitions/clar...records-12-04#
    Last edited by SoLasVegas; 08-28-2012 at 08:02 PM.

ditto.

signed and shared
    remove handgun registration in Clark County,NV

2nd amendment in modern English: The people have the right to own and carry firearms, and it may not be violated because a well-equipped Militia is necessary for a State to remain secure and free.

Signed (#24)

I have printed out the hardcopy petition and will attempt to spred it around including to some of the local gun shops.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Number 8 here

I signed even though I'm in Fallon.

I will repost on Reno 4x4 if that is ok.

+1

Had to sign this one

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    I signed even though I'm in Fallon.

I will repost on Reno 4x4 if that is ok.
    Thanks for the help but in order to be valid, you must live in Clark County to sign it. It is a petition to the Clark County Commission.

TBG

done

I would sign this, if only I lived there. As I'm not even from the same STATE, let alone county, I can only state my support for the petition.

Go get 'em, guys!

Re: Petition to Repeal Blue Card

Done, me and the wife. Shared on FB.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Carry On

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixael View Post
    I would sign this, if only I lived there. As I'm not even from the same STATE, let alone county, I can only state my support for the petition.

Go get 'em, guys!
    Actually, you can help in another way.

Petitions are printed on paper. It costs money to print petitions on paper.

If the guys down there in the Sharp End make a solid effort to circulate this at gun shows, malls, etc, it could costs hundreds of dollars -- if they start developing costs like that, those of us not in the county can still help.

Remember that EVERY win ANYWHERE is a victory for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    Actually, you can help in another way.

Petitions are printed on paper. It costs money to print petitions on paper.

If the guys down there in the Sharp End make a solid effort to circulate this at gun shows, malls, etc, it could costs hundreds of dollars -- if they start developing costs like that, those of us not in the county can still help.

Remember that EVERY win ANYWHERE is a victory for all of us.
    Very good point. For members you can log on the website and go to the donations tab and make a small gift to the effort. Let them know it is for costs associated with the petition drive. Or you can send in a check indicating what it is for.

For non-members up north the best thing you can do is join.

I have hundreds of petitions along with a cover and will attempt to get them in the local (Henderson) gun shops. I already have one in the fishing tackle store next to my office.

For you locals, print some out and carry with you. As you talk to people get them to sign. Even for non-gun folks, push the cost of the program with no results.

TBG

Don't know what percentage of actual county residents signed it, but I was number 161. Of course, I'm skeptical about anyone (in government) caring, as usual.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I was number 258 and will pass along a hard copy with me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Very good point. For members you can log on the website and go to the donations tab and make a small gift to the effort. Let them know it is for costs associated with the petition drive. Or you can send in a check indicating what it is for.

For non-members up north the best thing you can do is join.

I have hundreds of petitions along with a cover and will attempt to get them in the local (Henderson) gun shops. I already have one in the fishing tackle store next to my office.

For you locals, print some out and carry with you. As you talk to people get them to sign. Even for non-gun folks, push the cost of the program with no results.

TBG
    First, let me apologize for not replying yesterday. I've been having some trouble with the forum timing out on me in the evenings, and don't know why. Second, I'm not sure if I'm having a dumb moment or what, but where exactly are you saying to login (or sign up, then log in) and hit the donate button? As donating for this effort slipped past me, I hadn't considered that, but will gladly do so to help this cause!

Take care, and good luck!

-Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Mixael View Post
    First, let me apologize for not replying yesterday. I've been having some trouble with the forum timing out on me in the evenings, and don't know why. Second, I'm not sure if I'm having a dumb moment or what, but where exactly are you saying to login (or sign up, then log in) and hit the donate button? As donating for this effort slipped past me, I hadn't considered that, but will gladly do so to help this cause!

Take care, and good luck!

-Michael
    nvfac.org

If you are a member I suggest you hit the "donate" tab and if you are not a memeber I would ask you to join. Either way will help the effort. We need one set of firearms laws for all of Nevada. Thanks for your consideration.

As you are out of state, we sure would appreciate a donation. We're all in this together.

TBG
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 08-31-2012 at 01:13 AM.

Petitions in more gun shops

Dropped off petition in Center Mass, Accuracy and Big Guns. Now have it in 4 gun shops and a fishing tackle store. The only store to have turned it down so far is Black Rifle Armory.

TBG

Re: Petition to Repeal Blue Card

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Dropped off petition in Center Mass, Accuracy and Big Guns. Now have it in 4 gun shops and a fishing tackle store. The only store to have turned it down so far is Black Rifle Armory.

TBG
    Where did you get the paper petition? I'd like to get some out on my end of town.

---
    Carry On

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Where did you get the paper petition? I'd like to get some out on my end of town.

PM me and give me your email and I'll send to you so you can print it out.

TBG

And the folks at the other forum still dont get it. In a thread about the nics check one of them facejackets sees no issue and loses no sleep over the blue card. In fact the person works at a gun store. NFA if I am correct. Anymore that forum is of no use to real gun owners except the for sale section. One would think that the owners of a gun store would help at least educate the employee about the hazards of gun reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    And the folks at the other forum still dont get it. In a thread about the nics check one of them facejackets sees no issue and loses no sleep over the blue card. In fact the person works at a gun store. NFA if I am correct. Anymore that forum is of no use to real gun owners except the for sale section. One would think that the owners of a gun store would help at least educate the employee about the hazards of gun reg.
    Haven't read that thread over there, but... the facejacket losing no sleep over the blue card is probably a Metro cop moonlighting as a store employee.

In the gun stores I have dropped petitions off at all of the employees have been interested and signed. Only one customer in a store said he thought it was a good thing that it kept the bad guys from getting a gun. The employee and I reminded him that bad guys are bad guys because of the fact that they don't obey the law, duh.

Don Turner told me that they were out to the survival show and that he could not believe the number of people who would not sign, thought it was a good thing. There are those who won't sign because they don't want to be on a "gun" list which could make sense if you have guns that are not registered, but any gun owner who thinks it's a good idea makes me want to slam my head through the nearest wall.

TBG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast