• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to Repeal Blue Card

SwanSong

missed it by this much!

Having just discovered this thread today, it appears I am too late to add my voice to the formal petition as change.org now states that the petition is now closed. Sorry guys, I wish I could have added my voice to the crowd. Just know that I am with you in spirit.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Since the blue card is a sacred cow that we should treat with reverence, anyone know where I can get mine laminated?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, pal. I must admit I was being a bit facetious, hoping to get a laugh from some of the older members who know the truth about our registration system and the current efforts to repeal it.

Just so you know, you are under no obligation to carry your blue cards. In fact, I'm starting to hear reports that instead of being wrongly told to carry it (or keep it with the gun) that people are being told to keep it at home in a safe place. Truth is, it's just a receipt, with the same importance as the one you get from 7-Eleven when you buy a Snickers bar. You do have to register your handguns, but you can tear up and throw away the "blue card" if you want. This is easier to do if you don't laminate it first!

akfreak

I did not that. I am very ignorant of my rights, this fact is becoming blatantly apparent the more I look into open carry. Thanks for the info.

The Big Guy

Sorry, pal. I must admit I was being a bit facetious, hoping to get a laugh from some of the older members who know the truth about our registration system and the current efforts to repeal it.

Just so you know, you are under no obligation to carry your blue cards. In fact, I'm starting to hear reports that instead of being wrongly told to carry it (or keep it with the gun) that people are being told to keep it at home in a safe place. Truth is, it's just a receipt, with the same importance as the one you get from 7-Eleven when you buy a Snickers bar. You do have to register your handguns, but you can tear up and throw away the "blue card" if you want. This is easier to do if you don't laminate it first!

I'd just like to point out that even though it is just a receipt, I'd keep it tucked away someplace safe anyway. The reason being that there was a guy in the not to distant past arrested because Metro messed up the records and it did not show up when the police did a check on the firearm. Keep it as security against Metro.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I'd just like to point out that even though it is just a receipt, I'd keep it tucked away someplace safe anyway. The reason being that there was a guy in the not to distant past arrested because Metro messed up the records and it did not show up when the police did a check on the firearm. Keep it as security against Metro.

TBG

If that is what makes you feel safe fine! That guy who went to jail had an absolutely clean record! any cop who takes you to jail in spite of your gun being registered, will look at you and tell you that blue card is forged. At what point do we realize that THEY are the Criminals.

I say Shred them, put them in a ziploc, take them to the NVFAC meeting.... Get them laminated and send them to the Clark County commissioners!

Why doesn't the NVFAC sponsor a Shredding party instead of a laminating party?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

So a safe place at home would not have helped in that situation. Also, these blue cards are not hard to obtain or fake. I had a stack of empty ones at one time a long time ago. WHEN the cops make a mistake and it doesn't show up during their illegal records check, having the card is probably not going to help you much, even if you went through all the trouble to laminate it and keep it with the gun.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

The only way to know that your firearm is registered correctly , is to go to METRO firearms and get a copy of all of your records.... If they are wrong, do not expect them to care, they will tell you to take the firearm that is "illegally" registered to the substation, who vows to confiscate all illegally registered firearm and re-register it.

The Big Guy

The only way to know that your firearm is registered correctly , is to go to METRO firearms and get a copy of all of your records.... If they are wrong, do not expect them to care, they will tell you to take the firearm that is "illegally" registered to the substation, who vows to confiscate all illegally registered firearm and re-register it.

Hmmm, what would happen if a bunch of us here in Clark County showed up at Metro one day to see if all our firearms were registered? It might be an ideal meetup. Get to know each other while standing in line to find out if we are good to go or not. Not intending to cause any extra work for Metro you understand. Just daydreaming.

TBG

The Big Guy

So a safe place at home would not have helped in that situation. Also, these blue cards are not hard to obtain or fake. I had a stack of empty ones at one time a long time ago. WHEN the cops make a mistake and it doesn't show up during their illegal records check, having the card is probably not going to help you much, even if you went through all the trouble to laminate it and keep it with the gun.

You're not required to have it on you with the firearm, so you're not required to show them. They are just a receipt. So what would be the reason to counterfeit one? For what purpose? If you are stopped for cause they will run the numbers on the firearm. Showing them a fake receipt would mean nothing. Not that I think it is a big deal one way or another, at least if you have it tucked away you could get it to a lawyer who might be able to use it in your defense. Might not help, but I don't see how it would hurt.

Keep it, shred it, does not ultimately matter. We just need to get rid of the program.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Back before I knew any better, I went to replace a blue card that I had lost. They asked me about a handgun that I KNEW had been reregistered to a friend that I had sold it to. It was like they were just looking at my file and asking me random questions to check up on me while they had me at the counter.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You're not required to have it on you with the firearm, so you're not required to show them. They are just a receipt. So what would be the reason to counterfeit one? For what purpose? If you are stopped for cause they will run the numbers on the firearm....

That is our point. Even having a REAL receipt for a registration that they failed to record properly will not save you from jail.

The Big Guy

That is our point. Even having a REAL receipt for a registration that they failed to record properly will not save you from jail.

If they wanted to mess with you, they could misplace or even distroy your record of registration, toss you in the poky and it's your word against theirs. In my mind that is not beyond the realm of possibility. My point is having it may not keep you from being tossed in, but it may help stop a conviction. There are no absolutes when dealing with the system which is the reason I want as much on my side as I can get.

TBG

Bmeierholtz

Hmmm, what would happen if a bunch of us here in Clark County showed up at Metro one day to see if all our firearms were registered? It might be an ideal meetup. Get to know each other while standing in line to find out if we are good to go or not. Not intending to cause any extra work for Metro you understand. Just daydreaming.

TBG

Should they have anything to say about everyone showing up, you can reply with "Since we are all law abiding citizens here, we are just making sure that our guns are lawfully registered with your office, and it is your job to make sure they are"! I would love to come down and help out if I lived there, lmao.