• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What if it passes?

Jeff. State

Banned
Hey, I say stand your ground...you will lose. This will be a losing by degrees, and it appears you are an all or nothing type...run with it. Mark my words, you will lose. There are plenty of firearm owners, even hunters, who see no utility in AR style firearms. Fringers are cutting their own noses off.

Then let the FOOLS stand on the side line and watch as American's a mowed down by the Government for not complying one more time with INFRINGEMENT.

FRINGERS????? FRINGERS?

Why the HELL are you even on this site #%E&&?

ETA: FYI "Lady", there are plenty of firearm owners and "hunters" who see "no utility" in Open carrying and think people who OC are crazy.

Last edited:

PFC HALE

so how is taking up arms against our government illegal when the bill of rights empowers the people to keep control of the government even through violent means?

come on people, this country wasnt founded on foul language, girl slaps to the face.. it was founded with and by LETHAL FORCE OF ARMS

eventually sooner than later we the people will be forced to either fail the constitution and bill of rights or make the effort to get our country back.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
skidmark,

When "patriot" colonists responded to face the Red Coats (AKA: Lobsterbacks) at Concord & Lexington and put themselves in harm's way, a number of them had families to consider also. They still assembled.

If this ends up being a worst-case scenario, so-called "gun owners" ("patriots"?) of today will have to make that same decision...or not.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

so how is taking up arms against our government illegal when the bill of rights empowers the people to keep control of the government even through violent means?

come on people, this country wasnt founded on foul language, girl slaps to the face.. it was founded with and by LETHAL FORCE OF ARMS

eventually sooner than later we the people will be forced to either fail the constitution and bill of rights or make the effort to get our country back.

Take up arms against the Government, and you will get your ass kicked...and killed.

Non violent uprises lend greater credibility.

Jeff. State

Banned
skidmark,

When "patriot" colonists responded to face the Red Coats (AKA: Lobsterbacks) at Concord & Lexington and put themselves in harm's way, a number of them had families to consider also. They still assembled.

If this ends up being a worst-case scenario, so-called "gun owners" ("patriots"?) of today will have to make that same decision...or not.

Put 92FSLady in the NOT column.

I don't know why she even owns a gun, many many Americans "see no utility" in owning a gun, and would put her in the "fringer" category.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Then let the FOOLS stand on the side line and watch as American's a mowed down by the Government for not complying one more time with INFRINGEMENT.

FRINGERS????? FRINGERS?

Why the HELL are you even on this site #%E&&?

ETA: FYI "Lady", there are plenty of firearm owners and "hunters" who see "no utility" in Open carrying and think people who OC are crazy.

This site tickles my fancy...so I am here. If you don't like my views, I'm sure there are many other places where you can preach to the choir.

Yes, I said...fringers. So what if there are firearm owners...even CCiers that view OC as crazy. You think you are going to swoon those firearm owners with nonsense accusations that they are anti liberty, andi firearm...etc?

Beretta92FSLady

Put 92FSLady in the NOT column.

I don't know why she even owns a gun, many many Americans "see no utility" in owning a gun, and would put her in the "fringer" category.

You can go about owning firearms your way, and I will go about it my way.

Some of you on here just don't understand why your cause isn't taking root...get a clue.

Jeff. State

Banned
You can go about owning firearms your way, and I will go about it my way.

Some of you on here just don't understand why your cause isn't taking root...get a clue.

Not taking root?

Could you please explain the last few years of the AR15 being at the top of popular gun lists and the recent explosion in sales since Sandy Hook?

ETA:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” Samuel Adams

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Not taking root?

Could you please explain the last few years of the AR15 being at the top of popular gun lists and the recent explosion in sales since Sandy Hook?

ETA:
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” Samuel Adams

Most individuals purchasing AR style rifles post Sandy, or any other fear mongerring, gun grabbing time, tend to be individuals who already own firearms, IMO.

Samuel Adams , albeit a historical figure, has zero relevance to our modern existence. There is only tyranny in clinging to individuals two hundred years past. Live in the now.

I think individuals ought to own whatever firearm they see fit. What undermines that ability is not the same thing that drives up firearm and ammo prices: fear mongerring.

BTW, you have a finely constructed ditch...Im sure its comfortable.

shastadude17

Take up arms against the Government, and you will get your ass kicked...and killed.

First I'd like to say I agree with your second statement about greater credibility. However, I can't help but feel, and I know a lot of people will agree, that our federal government is too large and is out of touch with the people. When this happens, peaceful protest and petitions mean nothing to them.

Let me also say that since I've been a member/browser of OCDO, I've always disagreed with pretty much everything you have said. 'Murica. That's what this country was founded on, you have your opinion I have mine. Beg your pardon if I'm misunderstanding you, but I've always got the vibe that you are a far left individual who happens to own guns and carry. Good for you, 'Murica.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE LIKE TL;DR, JUST READ BELOW

Now let me absolutely wage total war and take a huge fat dump on your first statement. I'm in the Army National Guard. I'm an infantryman. I did a deployment to Iraq. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CONVENTIONAL MILITARY TO WAGE WAR AGAINST AN INSURGENCY AND WIN. I said it. Our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is a huge stinking waste of time. I'm not going to get political about it, but I'm saying from a warfare standpoint. You can rack up huge body counts. An M1 Abrams can send a 120mm HEAT round through a sniper's perch and obliterate him. An Apache helicopter can engage targets at night from a mile away and you won't even hear it or know it's there. The US military now has GPS guided artillery shells that can level a house and leave the surrounding neighborhood untouched. Drones can find you anywhere in the world, and then kill you. The average US infantryman's M4 carbine will have a PEQ4 or PEQ15 IR laser attachment, that points a beam invisible to the naked eye but visible to any and every soldier with night vision equipment, and use it to mark targets for friendly assets.

Here is the one thing you are seeming to forget, however: You can not kill an idea. The country was divided in 1776. Only an estimated 3% of colonists actually took up arms against the British government, which had the most advanced and highly trained military in the world for its time, and they did it with the assault rifle of its time. Every drone piloted, every tank crewed, every M4, every howitzer, and every warplane has an American citizen at the controls, and I'd like to think that when push comes to shove, and the 11th hour arrives, you'd have just enough people give into their conscience and remember their oath to the constitution.

After all, if "ragheads" or "cave dwellers" that have been demonized in today's society and likened to the devil can fight the most advanced military for 10 years and still be kicking with inferior equipment and training, I'd like to think a bunch of red blooded pissed off patriots and war veterans who are sick and tired of being pushed around and have their money pissed away to countries like Pakistan can at least get people to wake up. Time to make up your minds, people.

Last edited:

motoxmann

There are plenty of firearm owners, even hunters, who see no utility in AR style firearms.

and there are plenty of firearms owners who see no utility in any form of rifle.
and there are plenty of firearms owners who see no utility in shotguns.
and there are plenty of firearms owners who own ar15's and other various semi-auto rifles who see no utility in bolt action rifles.
and there are plenty of firearms owners who see no utility in knives for self defense.
and there are plenty of knife owners who see no utility in handguns.

Lady, your point is moot. there always has been and always will be people who have every variety of opinions.

I think individuals ought to own whatever firearm they see fit.

then do everything in your power to ensure that opinion stays law.

P.S. do you even have a clue what the word "tyranny" means?

PFC HALE

how was this country founded lady? and this is the fear our government wants to put in people to keep them from doing whats right. id rather die fighting for my rights and yours than give in to tyranny

Last edited:

PFC HALE

First I'd like to say I agree with your second statement about greater credibility. However, I can't help but feel, and I know a lot of people will agree, that our federal government is too large and is out of touch with the people. When this happens, peaceful protest and petitions mean nothing to them.

Let me also say that since I've been a member/browser of OCDO, I've always disagreed with pretty much everything you have said. 'Murica. That's what this country was founded on, you have your opinion I have mine. Beg your pardon if I'm misunderstanding you, but I've always got the vibe that you are a far left individual who happens to own guns and carry. Good for you, 'Murica.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE LIKE TL;DR, JUST READ BELOW

Now let me absolutely wage total war and take a huge fat dump on your first statement. I'm in the Army National Guard. I'm an infantryman. I did a deployment to Iraq. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CONVENTIONAL MILITARY TO WAGE WAR AGAINST AN INSURGENCY AND WIN. I said it. Our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is a huge stinking waste of time. I'm not going to get political about it, but I'm saying from a warfare standpoint. You can rack up huge body counts. An M1 Abrams can send a 120mm HEAT round through a sniper's perch and obliterate him. An Apache helicopter can engage targets at night from a mile away and you won't even hear it or know it's there. The US military now has GPS guided artillery shells that can level a house and leave the surrounding neighborhood untouched. Drones can find you anywhere in the world, and then kill you. The average US infantryman's M4 carbine will have a PEQ4 or PEQ15 IR laser attachment, that points a beam invisible to the naked eye but visible to any and every soldier with night vision equipment, and use it to mark targets for friendly assets.

Here is the one thing you are seeming to forget, however: You can not kill an idea. The country was divided in 1776. Only an estimated 3% of colonists actually took up arms against the British government, which had the most advanced and highly trained military in the world for its time, and they did it with the assault rifle of its time. Every drone piloted, every tank crewed, every M4, every howitzer, and every warplane has an American citizen at the controls, and I'd like to think that when push comes to shove, and the 11th hour arrives, you'd have just enough people give into their conscience and remember their oath to the constitution.

After all, if "ragheads" or "cave dwellers" that have been demonized in today's society and likened to the devil can fight the most advanced military for 10 years and still be kicking with inferior equipment and training, I'd like to think a bunch of red blooded pissed off patriots and war veterans who are sick and tired of being pushed around and have their money pissed away to countries like Pakistan can at least get people to wake up. Time to make up your minds, people.

couldnt say it better. veteran myself and will fight.

motoxmann

I'd like to think a bunch of red blooded pissed off patriots and war veterans who are sick and tired of being pushed around and have their money pissed away to countries like Pakistan can at least get people to wake up. Time to make up your minds, people.

the great thing about this is that IF "we" were to uprise against our government, it would more than likely be our military that would be doing the work for the politicians whom we are actually rising against, and I'm sure a fairly measurable portion of our military would join "our" side. followers and leaders. people who follow orders and people who stand up for what they believe in.

look at it this way: if 'bama gave an order to a specific group of military people saying "go to the town of *** and shoot to kill every gun-owning citizen who isn't waiting outside holding their unloaded/secured guns out to donate to the US government, also shoot to kill ANYone who tries to slow down the forfeiture of all weapons". do you (Lady specifically) honestly think every single one of those military people would follow those orders? HELLLLLL NO! some might, yes. but not only would you have a large number of citizens resisting this illegal attempt with deadly force, but you'd also have military people shooting each other over it all; leaders vs followers. the weak vs the just. now consider this fictional event, count the number of people who would actually follow those orders, then count the number of people that would rise against these orders-followers. which of these two populations do you really think would have greater numbers? which of these populations do you think would have greater passion in their actions? which of these populations would actually be acting with a cause?

sorry Lady, but you're wrong. history has proven your idea to be wrong time and time again. common sense also proves you wrong. and btw, history means ANY time before the present. three words before this one is now the history. hell, even the Tranformers movies prove you wrong (sorry, had to throw something amusing in there). you can do whatever you please, as will all the rest of us.

personally, my opinion is that if our country is populated mostly by followers and non-believers and weak-minded people who stand by doing nothing about the things they wish would change, then we as a country truly do deserve to fail. our country was founded on passion, and has survived in part due to passion. and I'm sure sometime in the next few years something will happen requiring us to decide whether we want to be a follower or a leader.

motoxmann

here's another example:

a marine puts a gun to your head and says "give me your gun, or die". what do you do? (keep in mind, both portions of that quote defy the constitution and are felonies, but it's what obama wants to happen)
option 1) you refuse, he shoots you dead on the spot, and still gets your gun. who is just? you are, the marine is not.
option 2) you give him your gun, he walks away, you survive. who is just? neither of you.

but you see, the problem is that there are not only 2 options, there are an infinite number of other possible options. like say:
option 3) an army sniper is hiding in the bushes a couple hundred yards away. he loves his family, and fights for those he cares about as well as for those who care about him (which could be anyone, family or not). the sniper sees you as someone who genuinely wants to do the right/legal/just thing, knowing you are an innocent citizen with loved ones of your own, and that you have weapons for rightfully defending those loved ones, weapons of your choice, without limitations. the sniper puts a .50cal through the marine's head, the marine never even hears the shot and drops like a brick. who is just? definitely the army sniper, the marine is not. meanwhile, you shed a tear and give the army sniper a very obvious "thank you" expression. you now continue living, faith in humanity restored. the army sniper goes on living knowing he acted on his just opinions, saved a life, was shown gratitude, and now has 1 more reason to add to the many to continue fighting for those less capable. again, faith in humanity restored on so many levels.
option 4) same as option 3, but that sniper could be anyone; your wife, your son, your grandmother, a total stranger, even an ex who hates you but doesnt want to see you die.

option 5) you have a gun, you attempt to shoot the marine to defend your own life. maybe you fail, maybe you succeed. but either way, YOU are just, and the marine is not

now take all of the above and completely remove all context. a person in power is giving another person a choice between two options. human nature tends to lean towards listening to the two choices, and obeying/choosing one or the other. that is a perfect example of a follower. ever heard the term "think outside the box"? prime example: there are ALWAYS more options than what is initially stated. we are not robots with specific programming (at least not yet, but we will be close enough to this if we continue to let our government control us), we are humans, capable of thought. consider all other possible options, and reasoning to choose any of the given/ungiven options. people need to stop listening to only the options our government "leaders" and media suggest, and come up with their own ideas and act on them. sometimes our own ideas will be similar to the ones originally put forth, sometimes not. but the key is to think of all possible options, not just the ones initially stated to us

Last edited:

PFC HALE

our military will be divided as said, some will be for the people some will be for the government. the government will use fema, homeland security etc etc will be working for the gov.

i foresee the UN being brought in as well, it is inevitable that these events are gonna happen.

which side are you on?

raidert05

I have been shadowing this forum for awhile, but felt compelled enough on this issue to register and speak out...

Being in the military myself (Navy) the smallest thought of actually taking peoples guns away would cause it to go upside down on itself, you are talking about people possibly have to kill there own family members and friends, and how are you going to explain to all those same military members they have to give up there personally owned guns too...How is it OK for me to carry one outside my country for defense, but when I get back stateside I have to depend on the police to take care of me.....Maybe they should think about what they are doing before they upset the people with access to the real "assault rifles"...:confused:

-chris

motoxmann

I have been shadowing this forum for awhile, but felt compelled enough on this issue to register and speak out...

welcome to OCDO :)

you are talking about people possibly have to kill there own family members and friends

wow, you're right, I didn't even think of that, thats a VERY good point

Maybe they should think about what they are doing before they upset the people with access to the real "assault rifles"...:confused:

-chris

couldn't have said it better myself

Ken56

I also have wondered how many soldiers would follow an illegal order if ever given. On one hand they are fighting for our liberty. right? Then orders come down from on high to march against their own countrymen (posse commatatus) to confiscate all privately owned firearms. We have seen the national gaurd be deployed numerous times (Kent State) with some tragic outcome, but with the righteous intentions of protecting the general public. Would any soldier who took an oath to the constitution follow such an order?? I truely hope not. Instead I would hope they would turn their weapons on their tyrant commanders the give that order. I did not serve due to a back injury at age 14 and comming of age just after Viet Nam. No more need for conscripts. Thanks to those who did.