• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What if it passes?

MamabearCali

What if it passes? Only 2 ways it can go, the end of the America I was born in in 1960, or the shooting will start, but it will still be the end of America. :cuss:

Beretta: While I don't always (or even most times) agree with you, I can almost always see your point of view. But after your last few posts I have to ask, "Have you received a blow to the head lately? Any history of blood sugar issues in the family?" We are beyond broke. A 1981 penny has 3 cents worth of copper in it. It costs 11 cents to make a nickel. We have $16,500,000,000,000.00 in direct debt and another $200,000,000,000,000.00 in unfunded liabilities. Meanwhile I was in line TWICE today behind people buying junk food with EBT (food stamps) while I go home and eat corn and rice. One of the people in question, after buying a gas station honey bun, went over and played $20 in a video poker machine.

I am so happy to know my money went to buy someone junk food so they could have gambling money. :mad:

IMHO: The contract "We the People" made with the Government allowing the government to exist is the constitution. The constitution says the government will not mess with the peoples firearms. If the government feels that no longer matters, and wants to take the guns, then there was not a meeting of the minds and there is no contract. The government now has the status of any street gang. If they want to kick down my door, I will give them the same standing as any other gang.

Precisely...when the social contact is broken and broken in a blatant fashion it is no longer valid. Then we get to the "when in the course of human events...."

motoxmann

a buy-back program would be the best option; current magazines will likely be Grandfathered in.--capacity limits will likely be made permanent.

there has been zero mention of grandfathering current mags that hold more than 10 rounds.
there has been full mention of making all magazines that hold more than 10 rounds illegal to anyone besides law enforcement and military in the course of their duties

PFC HALE

there has been zero mention of grandfathering current mags that hold more than 10 rounds.
there has been full mention of making all magazines that hold more than 10 rounds illegal to anyone besides law enforcement and military in the course of their duties

yup +1

motoxmann

BL does not believe in facts, like a true progressive, her opinions are driven completely by emotion.

a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. sometimes, the weakest link is already broken, and is only holding together enough to hold the weight of the chain itsself, only appearing to be capable of holding any amount of weight beyond the chain's weight. I think we know who this weakest link is.
or another one: machinery utilizing shear pins. our country is the machine, the gov and specific activists are the shear pins. they appear to function and be strong, and are designed to prevent extensive damage should something unexpected occur. but the moment something unexpected does occur, it shears, and the machine is now completely useless and functionless. except in the case of our country, it's a LOT more difficult to replace the "shear pins" than it is to replace them in say a snowblower

:)

PFC HALE

a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. sometimes, the weakest link is already broken, and is only holding together enough to hold the weight of the chain itsself, only appearing to be capable of holding any amount of weight beyond the chain's weight. I think we know who this weakest link is.
or another one: machinery utilizing shear pins. our country is the machine, the gov and specific activists are the shear pins. they appear to function and be strong, and are designed to prevent extensive damage should something unexpected occur. but the moment something unexpected does occur, it shears, and the machine is now completely useless and functionless. except in the case of our country, it's a LOT more difficult to replace the "shear pins" than it is to replace them in say a snowblower

:)

then we must replace the machine when it is fully nonfunctional

Beretta92FSLady

BL does not believe in facts, like a true progressive, her opinions are driven completely by emotion.

There are plenty of others to accuse of emotive behavior. I'm not the emotive type.

Magazines that are already in existence, that are 10+ will either be confiscated through a buy back program, or grandfathered in. Think of it as your tax dollar coming back around into your pocket, when you send in you scary high capacity magazines.

motoxmann

then we must replace the machine when it is fully nonfunctional

this.
or at least design an entirely new functioning mechanism from the ground up making the overall machine still have the same purpose, but comprised of a drastically different design.

Keylock

IMHO: The contract "We the People" made with the Government allowing the government to exist is the constitution. The constitution says the government will not mess with the peoples firearms. If the government feels that no longer matters, and wants to take the guns, then there was not a meeting of the minds and there is no contract. The government now has the status of any street gang. If they want to kick down my door, I will give them the same standing as any other gang.

Prior to the "We the People", the United States already existed and implemented by the Articles of Confederation (our first and often forgotten constitution). As indicated by that document's preamble, the states remained sovereign but aligned.

To all to whom these Presents shall come, we the undersigned Delegates of the States affixed to our Names send greeting.

Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union between the states of New Hampshire, Massachusetts-bay Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

And as Article II reads:

Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not by this Confederation expressly delegated to the United States, in Congress assembled.

One thing some folks don't think about is that since none of us are signators of the Constitution, it is not binding upon us. The only people it binds are those who agree to this oath:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I'm inclined to agree with Lysander Spooner... that the Constitution has no inherent authority or obligation over the people... http://jim.com/treason.htm

acmariner99

Hey, I say stand your ground...you will lose. This will be a losing by degrees, and it appears you are an all or nothing type...run with it. Mark my words, you will lose. There are plenty of firearm owners, even hunters, who see no utility in AR style firearms. Fringers are cutting their own noses off.

Um ... excuse me, but the AR-15 is the most popular sporting rifle in the United States, followed by AK style firearms. Fringe?? Are you kidding me?

Yes this is from early in the thread, but there is no logic to this statement my head nearly exploded.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Hey, I say stand your ground...you will lose. This will be a losing by degrees, and it appears you are an all or nothing type...run with it. Mark my words, you will lose. There are plenty of firearm owners, even hunters, who see no utility in AR style firearms. Fringers are cutting their own noses off.

Um ... excuse me, but the AR-15 is the most popular sporting rifle in the United States, followed by AK style firearms. Fringe?? Are you kidding me?

Yes this is from early in the thread, but there is no logic to this statement my head nearly exploded.
There is no logic in La La Land...

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Implementation. No politician discusses this. They say they will Ban The Assault Weapons,and about every gun ever made, but they have no money. No funding equals ain't gonna happen.
The few days before an illegal act (AWB) becomes law, I plan on taking my weapons for a boat ride. In my Kayak.

mpguy

Implementation. No politician discusses this. They say they will Ban The Assault Weapons,and about every gun ever made, but they have no money. No funding equals ain't gonna happen.
The few days before an illegal act (AWB) becomes law, I plan on taking my weapons for a boat ride. In my Kayak.

Put them in a space bag first, and put the bag in a vacuum. :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Strong talk is all well and good for bachelors with no concern about how short their future may be. But since the "average" gun owner is middle-aged he (yes, guys outnumber girls by a whole lot but the same applies to them) probably has a family. Unless he knows when SWAT is going to come no-knocking at his door and sends his family off before-hand, he will be conflicted between "rights" and their safety.

If he's smart, he will remember that he is the ONLY one who cares about their safety, and letting the ninjas in won't protect anyone but the ninjas.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
this.
or at least design an entirely new functioning mechanism from the ground up making the overall machine still have the same purpose, but comprised of a drastically different design.

The current design is as good as they get.

The problem is that the machine is out of adjustment, and the limit switches have been bypassed.

If the "Progressives" do manage to spark open rebellion, it will be the first time in history that both sides in a war hold allegiance to the same Constitution. This should be kept in mind -- most of the people DC will expect to enforce their edicts will be on OUR side of the moral fence.

eye95

Who cares whether it has a sporting purpose? Many people, but not me and not bunches of other AR owners. We should all watch the Hupp video again. She gives two reason why our RKBA or ARs is protected. I wish I could have seen Chucky's face when she gave the second reason. Anyway, I started a thread on that video to highlight the lack of a need for a sporting purpose to have a right to keep and bear an AR.