• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GAME ON! Gun control initiative filed

Dave Workman

Fight back!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Washington groups launch fight against gun control initiative

A coalition of some of the state’s firearms community leaders has launched a grassroots campaign to counter the well-financed gun control initiative backed by a Seattle-based gun control group, while also preventing firearms confiscation “by any government agency…without due process.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/washington-groups-launch-fight-against-gun-control-initiative

Find out more at this weekend's WAC gun show in Puyallup.

sudden valley gunner

The fight is on!

The newest marijuana initiative is using a very cool method of gathering signatures. Instead of at most a few dozen activists seeking signatures, they created a form a person can take and collect their family and friend's signatures themselves and mail it in, creating in effect 100's if not thousands of activists all doing a small part. And maybe catching the attention of those who wouldn't be so inclined to participate otherwise.

EMNofSeattle

The fight is on!

The newest marijuana initiative is using a very cool method of gathering signatures. Instead of at most a few dozen activists seeking signatures, they created a form a person can take and collect their family and friend's signatures themselves and mail it in, creating in effect 100's if not thousands of activists all doing a small part. And maybe catching the attention of those who wouldn't be so inclined to participate otherwise.

you mean the marijuana initiative people were transcribing signatures from non-official petition forms onto official ones? that is the impression this gave me, I'm just wondering if you can explain the system a slightly different way because I'm struggling to understand...
I would like that clarified just a little bit if possible..
(i'm not being sarcastic in the least btw)

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

you mean the marijuana initiative people were transcribing signatures from non-official petition forms onto official ones? that is the impression this gave me, I'm just wondering if you can explain the system a slightly different way because I'm struggling to understand...

(i'm not being sarcastic in the least btw)

Cite your sources for your allegations that people were transcribing signatures, please.

Jeff Hayes

Didn't allege anything, re-read the post

You are correct you did not allege, you clearly said;

"you mean the marijuana initiative people were transcribing signatures from non-official petition forms onto official ones?"

Please cite a valid source for your statement.

EMNofSeattle

After trying to think of the most diplomatic way to put this.. Ill leave it at this, you first claim I alleged something, then stated I didn't allege something. I think this requires no response on my part.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

After trying to think of the most diplomatic way to put this.. Ill leave it at this, you first claim I alleged something, then stated I didn't allege something. I think this requires no response on my part.

I was being polite the first & second time, now I am demanding a cite per forum rules. Please cite or correct your post. You are indirectly accusing folks of transcribing signatures, SVG never said they were he just mentioned the method they were using and suggested it may work for us you interjected the transcribing signatures bit.

EMNofSeattle

I was being polite the first & second time, now I am demanding a cite per forum rules. Please cite or correct your post. You are indirectly accusing folks of transcribing signatures, SVG never said they were he just mentioned the method they were using and suggested it may work for us you interjected the transcribing signatures bit.

Forum rules do not require a cite as I made no assertion.

try again.

Dave Workman

THREAD HIJACK!!!!!!!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Here we are, talking about a gun rights initiative and a gun control initiative that threatens those rights, and you guys get wrapped around an axle that amounts to "You did not" "Did so!" "Did not!" "Did so!"

You have just defined what is wrong with gun owners and why we could have trouble beating this initiative.

Give it a rest and get back on track, please.

Trigger Dr

You are correct you did not allege, you clearly said;

"you mean the marijuana initiative people were transcribing signatures from non-official petition forms onto official ones?"

Please cite a valid source for your statement.

Simple answer...He said he was confused and was asking a QUESTION. See the ? at the end ?

Jeff Hayes

Simple answer...He said he was confused and was asking a QUESTION. See the ? at the end ?

I see where he is asking the question but at the same time he is putting forth an allegation albeit indirectly. SVG certainly did not say they were transcribing signatures, nothing in SVG's post indicates anything like that. So why would Eric be asking if they transcribed signatures? Eric was the first to bring up transcribing signatures, if he got that from SVG's post, I am not sure how he could, then he should say so.

I will tell ya what I will just stay off of here for a bit, IMHO OCDO has gone to the dogs anyway, bad/incorrect information on many threads. Someone needs to come get the OCDO banner from me and the thousand or so flyers I have. Someone will need to pay for the Spokane picnic and the gun show tables as well.

Sorry Dave for the hijack no worries it will not happen again and I have stopped reading the Examiner stuff because of all the pop ups. I know you need to make a living but the pop ups are obnoxious and there are so many more laces to go to get info where I do not have wade through 3 to 4 pop ups each time I want to read an article.

EMNofSeattle

The fight is on!

I had been under the impression that for an initiative you had to collect signatures on a SecState initiative petition, so creating a separate form begs the question of which forms were submitted, and mail them in to who? Back to MJ legalization HQ or get your forms and mail them to sec state.

I'm not debating this or anything at all for that matter with Jeff. Dont try to bait me into arguments, I won't respond to anything from now on from Hayes...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I see where he is asking the question but at the same time he is putting forth an allegation albeit indirectly. SVG certainly did not say they were transcribing signatures, nothing in SVG's post indicates anything like that. So why would Eric be asking if they transcribed signatures? Eric was the first to bring up transcribing signatures, if he got that from SVG's post, I am not sure how he could, then he should say so.

I will tell ya what I will just stay off of here for a bit, IMHO OCDO has gone to the dogs anyway, bad/incorrect information on many threads. Someone needs to come get the OCDO banner from me and the thousand or so flyers I have. Someone will need to pay for the Spokane picnic and the gun show tables as well.

Sorry Dave for the hijack no worries it will not happen again and I have stopped reading the Examiner stuff because of all the pop ups. I know you need to make a living but the pop ups are obnoxious and there are so many more laces to go to get info where I do not have wade through 3 to 4 pop ups each time I want to read an article.

Use Chrome as your browser. Go the the Chrome store and get "Ad Blocker" no more pop ups!

GreatWhiteLlama

Use Chrome as your browser. Go the the Chrome store and get "Ad Blocker" no more pop ups!

Works in Firefox too. I'd also recommend everyone install http://noscript.net/ and http://www.ghostery.com/ while they're at it...

+1 on the bickering. It's why so many of us have stopped coming here. Have you noticed how most threads are now dominated by only a handful of people anymore? ffs...

sudden valley gunner

July 6th is a constitutional rights rally in Bellingham.

We plan on having our OC table there, it would be great to have the initiative in what ever form they appear there too.

Dave Workman

In court!!!!!

Thursday hearing set in Thurston County on I-594 challenge

A hearing on challenges to the ballot title of Initiative 594 is scheduled Thursday afternoon in Thurston County Superior Court, and today backers of that gun control measure are using the occasion to solicit donations with an alarmist message once again blaming opposition on the National Rifle Association and “a tiny group of ideologues” that include two attorneys, one from Everett and the other from Vancouver.

http://www.examiner.com/article/thursday-hearing-set-thurston-county-on-i-594-challenge

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We, here in Whatcom County, have already started garnering signatures for I 591. If they change the "title" of the initiative, will that void the signatures we already have?
Yes, we did have the sig sheets at the last rally. We will have them available again, at the Picnic on the 13th and again at the Pride Festival on the 14th and again at the gunshow at the Lynden Fairgrounds.

EMNofSeattle

We, here in Whatcom County, have already started garnering signatures for I 591. If they change the "title" of the initiative, will that void the signatures we already have?
Yes, we did have the sig sheets at the last rally. We will have them available again, at the Picnic on the 13th and again at the Pride Festival on the 14th and again at the gunshow at the Lynden Fairgrounds.

I don't see how it would, in fact I don't think the legal challenge to 594 will work either, don't they already have a process by which a retired judge vets the title and description? I doubt a court is going to strike down something a fellow jurist has approved as OK...

reminds me, we I need 591 petitions for our Kitsap Picnic this saturday.

Some other things to consider..

I've seen no credible report that 594 is even collecting signatures right now, I've seen no one holding a petition, no press releases on their websites, no credible reports. I'll bet you Stumbo and her friends are perhaps the only people who've signed it at this time. I would be cautious about "showing our hand" before the sig gatherers even hit the pavement. stuff like the hunting age is something the 594 can spin or work around if given warning the opposition plans to use it. There is multiple examples in the last few months of Antis reading our forums, no doubt they're reading Workman too. We should be.. not secretive, but smart in what we're putting on the internet.

Last edited: