• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in Previously Forbidden Municipalities

Oramac

Schnucks grocery

Schnucks has since changed their policy regarding firearms, however.

That said, Silver Dollar City is definitely not 2A friendly if you're in the Branson area.

OT: I OC'd into the Little Caesar's Pizza on Page just east of 170 to get lunch today. The guy at the counter definitely noticed, but didn't say anything. And I got pizza.

Last edited:

Superlite27

Walked through a joint training exercise between Northwoods and Velda City police at a ball diamond in Northwoods.

Had about 50 officers "eyeball" the hell out of me, but no problems.

My guess is, they figured if anyone has the balls to walk through a MASSIVE GATHERING of police, they must not be breaking any laws.

I wonder what the conversation was after I was out of sight?

"Who was that?"

"I don't know. I thought you knew him?"

"Nope."

"Anyone see that?"

"See what?"

"That dude who walked by with the pistol."

"Yeah. I thought you knew him."

"Me? No. I thought you knew him."

"Why didn't you stop him?"

"Why should I stop him? Why didn't YOU stop him?"

"You mean he wasn't supposed to be here?"

"Hey Joe, who was that guy who just strolled by with the pistol?"

" I dunno. I thought you knew him."

Silver Dollar City and all other properties owned by the Herschend family are not 2A friendly. Peter Herschend was and still is the patriarch is very anti self defense for you but he believes in his own self defense.

Last edited:

Renegadez

Walked through a joint training exercise between Northwoods and Velda City police at a ball diamond in Northwoods.

Had about 50 officers "eyeball" the hell out of me, but no problems.

My guess is, they figured if anyone has the balls to walk through a MASSIVE GATHERING of police, they must not be breaking any laws.

I wonder what the conversation was after I was out of sight?

"Who was that?"

"I don't know. I thought you knew him?"

"Nope."

"Anyone see that?"

"See what?"

"That dude who walked by with the pistol."

"Yeah. I thought you knew him."

"Me? No. I thought you knew him."

"Why didn't you stop him?"

"Why should I stop him? Why didn't YOU stop him?"

"You mean he wasn't supposed to be here?"

"Hey Joe, who was that guy who just strolled by with the pistol?"

" I dunno. I thought you knew him."

You missed one

Whos on 3rd??????

F350

Schnucks has since changed their policy regarding firearms, however.

That said, Silver Dollar City is definitely not 2A friendly if you're in the Branson area.

OT: I OC'd into the Little Caesar's Pizza on Page just east of 170 to get lunch today. The guy at the counter definitely noticed, but didn't say anything. And I got pizza.

Mother Smucker's ONLY changed their policy AFTER the boycott was obviously hurting their bottom line. They still contributed to defeat Prop B (CCW referendum) and posted all stores until they saw the reduction in business. If I kick you in the 'nads, then say "Oh gosh, I'm sorry about that" would you let me sleep with your wife??? Just wish there was a Mother Smucker's out here so I could continue to boycott, I am not the forgive and forget kind of guy.

Redbaron007

Silver Dollar City and all other properties owned by the Herschend family are not 2A friendly. Peter Herschend was and still is the patriarch is very anti self defense for you but he believes in his own self defense.

"No concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, valid concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:

(13) Any gated area of an amusement park. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the amusement park shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;"

Hence, maybe why they are 2A unfriendly, at least here in MO.

Oramac

"No concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, valid concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:

(13) Any gated area of an amusement park. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the amusement park shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;"

Paragraph 2 of the above statute:

"2. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 , or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises."

We know they're 2A unfriendly because they went to great lengths to try to defeat the CCW bill back in 2003.

Redbaron007

Paragraph 2 of the above statute:

"2. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 , or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises."

We know they're 2A unfriendly because they went to great lengths to try to defeat the CCW bill back in 2003.

Have you tried to find out if they have changed their mind from 11 years ago? IIRC, their amusement park is posted; several of their other businesses (Ride the Ducks, Dixie Stampede) aren't posted. Could it be they are just following state laws?

F350

Hence, maybe why they are 2A unfriendly, at least here in MO.

NO!!!!

Herschend gave $25,000 to defeat the 1999 voter referendum on concealed carry EVEN THOUGH HIS PROPERTIES WERE EXCEPTED THEN AS WELL!!!!

Last edited:

Oramac

NO!!!!

Herschend gave $25,000 to defeat the 1999 voter referendum on concealed carry EVEN THOUGH HIS PROPERTIES WERE EXCEPTED THEN AS WELL!!!!

What he said. Unfortunately, we do not have anything in the meantime to indicate they've changed their stance at all. At this point, it's best to assume they're anti-gun until stated otherwise.

Redbaron007

NO!!!!

GEEESSSHHH........So now we're 15 years back? :eek:

As I said, I believe the park is still posted, a couple of the other businesses aren't.

Morpheus97

Have you tried to find out if they have changed their mind from 11 years ago? IIRC, their amusement park is posted; several of their other businesses (Ride the Ducks, Dixie Stampede) aren't posted. Could it be they are just following state laws?
As of this past Summer, Ride the Ducks was not posted but Dixie Stampede was posted. The sign at Dixie Stampede did not follow state guidelines as far as size, etc.

Redbaron007

As of this past Summer, Ride the Ducks was not posted but Dixie Stampede was posted. The sign at Dixie Stampede did not follow state guidelines as far as size, etc.

I guess I missed the sign. I may be there in a couple of weeks.....I'll look for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Peter Herschend and his family hasn't changed so why should we forgive and forget?

Last edited:

Redbaron007

If you're state rep voted against guns 15 years ago, and hadn't said a word about guns since then, would you now assume he's not against guns?

Your assumption is if they haven't said a word; however, their voting record would be a non-verbal communication that I would use to make a determination as to whether I should follow up or not in verifying their stance. :cool:

As to the Herschand family stance; since some of their properties are not posted, could it be an assumption they have? :eek:

usmcbess

Ellsiville, Ballwin, Des Peres

Not sure which municipality I was in each instance but they were all in the Ellisville, Ballwin, and Des Peres area. Carried in Uncle Sams Military surplus and then into a great Hibachi Chinese Buffet behind Arby's down the road. If you like Chinese buffet I highly recommend visiting this place.

dkangel

Wildwood

In Wildwood: Dierbergs, Llywelyn's Pub (An Irish themed restaurant) and a Chinese Restaurant as well as a walked around the Wildwood center. No issues at all except for a customer in the Chinese restaurant who asked if I was a cop. No ma'am was my response.

Last edited: