• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fredericksburg PD circumvents gun buy-back law via loophole

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We need a new sub-forum. Maybe "Mr Nap takes potshots at posters he doesn't like forgetting this is a discussion forum"

Sign me up!

But we'll need to change the title to "... posters who contribute nothing positive and usually make not only negative but damaging posts or encourage illegal activities"

stay safe.

TFred

Slight sidetrack

Did anyone have breakfast in Fredericksburg yesterday? Just curious where you did and how you found it to be. I rarely eat out for breakfast, so always good to know how places are for folks who ask.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Did anyone have breakfast in Fredericksburg yesterday? Just curious where you did and how you found it to be. I rarely eat out for breakfast, so always good to know how places are for folks who ask.

TFred

When we got there early, we stopped at McDonalds. I can't eat the stuff but my wife got something. Then Skidmark called and we went to the PD.

Funny thing about the PD. The Sargent who came out (They were expecting a demonstration rather than a selling alternative) recommended we turn right for food, instead of left. From what I was told later, there wasn't anything to the right.

Feeling an urgent need to get south of the Ni....we ate a late lunch in Ashland.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When we got there early, we stopped at McDonalds. I can't eat the stuff but my wife got something. Then Skidmark called and we went to the PD.

Funny thing about the PD. The Sargent who came out (They were expecting a demonstration rather than a selling alternative) recommended we turn right for food, instead of left. From what I was told later, there wasn't anything to the right.

Feeling an urgent need to get south of the Ni....we ate a late lunch in Ashland.
If you were facing him, looking him in the eye, then his left was your right :uhoh:

Lyndsy Simon

Here are a couple of photos of my newest acquisition. I'd like to thank the Fredericksburg PD and Mr. Frye - without their efforts, I would never have met the gentleman who sold it to me.

As soon as I find some .32 shot, I'll try to get a few pictures of my six year old shooting it. Maybe Mr. Frye will be able to use them in his next campaign commercial.

303b3be3d7c598f70d8aa7ad588aa7aa.jpg

0f19006c6d9ff7f92f1ca77b84d633d5.jpg

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This appears to be the exact same BP gun - in 2009 asking $82.00. Very sure there has been an increase in value.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/9478145

Could have gotten 2 yesterday (12/13/14) and had funds left over for dinner. That's presuming you could have found 2 yesterday.:uhoh:

I don't know about appreciation in price, but there sure seems to be appreciation in possession.

stay safe.

TFred

Well now the Fredericksburg PD is pretty much taunting VCDL over this gun buy-back:

https://www.facebook.com/FPDFredVA/...741850.148567289013/10152862374599014/?type=1

For sensitive personal reasons, I cannot leave a comment on the photo, but boy, if I could, I would simply say:

"All VCDL ever wanted was for the Fredericksburg Police Department to FOLLOW THE LAW. That does not seem like such a difficult request to be made of folks whose primary duty is to ENFORCE THE LAW!"

TFred

Repeater

Well now the Fredericksburg PD is pretty much taunting VCDL over this gun buy-back:

https://www.facebook.com/FPDFredVA/...741850.148567289013/10152862374599014/?type=1

For sensitive personal reasons, I cannot leave a comment on the photo, but boy, if I could, I would simply say:

"All VCDL ever wanted was for the Fredericksburg Police Department to FOLLOW THE LAW. That does not seem like such a difficult request to be made of folks whose primary duty is to ENFORCE THE LAW!"

TFred

Inquiring minds want to know: What does Bill Howell think about this?

This applies to Stimpson, too.

BillHoo

Here are a couple of photos of my newest acquisition. I'd like to thank the Fredericksburg PD and Mr. Frye - without their efforts, I would never have met the gentleman who sold it to me.

As soon as I find some .32 shot, I'll try to get a few pictures of my six year old shooting it. Maybe Mr. Frye will be able to use them in his next campaign commercial.

303b3be3d7c598f70d8aa7ad588aa7aa.jpg

0f19006c6d9ff7f92f1ca77b84d633d5.jpg

Nice!

Maybe we should organize our own "Cash - Gun Buyback Day" and take out a full page ad in a local paper. Charity - Guns for the Homeless?

:D

HPmatt

Gunbroker already beat yall to the punch on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Matt -

Are you suggesting that Gunbroker has a service that comes to police turn-ins and offers cash money to fools that are about to toss away a rare single-shot JCHiggins boomenshooter for a WalMart gift card?

'Cause if they do, I have not seen them at any of the turn-ins I've watched.

If that's not what you are saying pretend (heck, you've met me, no need to pretend) I'm dumb as a bag of rocks and explain your comment.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Gunbroker has a forum or message board .. I think that was what he was referring to, although not well enough for people to know what he was talking about.

Perhaps he has an emergency torpedo to fire out.