Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Open Carrier!

New Open Carrier!

Hey everyone!

On the 24th of December I woke up to the best pre-Christmas gift Uncle Sam could have ever given me.. I finally received my Permanent Residency AKA Green Card.

So what did I do? Why, I did what any other red blooded man would and went to my nearest sports store, bought an OWB holster and slipped it on my belt, then I took my Caracal C out of the glove compartment and holstered it for the first time and have been open carrying every day since.

I've carried it in Walmarts, Best Buys, banks and even a hipster grocery store that my wife seems to like without any issues so far.

I've lived in constitutional monarchies, totalitarian monarchies, tyrannical dictatorships and have never been more happy or proud and happy than I am here.

God Bless America

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Lafayette! Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de Lafayette, Marquis de Lafayette is one of my favorite people from the founding of our country. + Congratulations on your pre Christmas present!

If you are not a member of VCDL, please consider joining - at least sign up for the free Va-Alerts.

Mark your calender for Jan.19,2015 - LobbyDay at the General Assembly Bldg. in Richmond.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Welcome aboard. As Grapeshot said consider joining VCDL or at least get the free newsletter.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Wowwie!!!

Sooo, something you should have known..

If you were in the USA and in VA, legally,
    Then you already knew that you could own a gun, and you did own a gun!
    Anybody that is old enough can open carry a gun in Va.
    Getting a green card has nothing to do with gun carry.

Next time you want to open carry,, do NOT carry ANY ID with you! We call it Sterile Carry..
    ID nor Green cards are needed!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Sooo, something you should have known..

If you were in the USA and in VA, legally,
    Then you already knew that you could own a gun, and you did own a gun!
    Anybody that is old enough can open carry a gun in Va.
    Getting a green card has nothing to do with gun carry.

Next time you want to open carry,, do NOT carry ANY ID with you! We call it Sterile Carry..
    ID nor Green cards are needed!
    Thank you for your reply. Actually I did know it but had only just moved to VA from another state where OC was illegal but CC was legal (but you have to have a Green Card to have CC).

Sterile carry sounds good.. I might do that also.

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but ,,,

Aren't you required to carry your Green Card at all times?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Not trying to be a wet blanket, but ,,,

Aren't you required to carry your Green Card at all times?

stay safe.
    I just read up on it and it seems you're right. Thanks for the reminder! No sterile carry for me then!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Welcome - to the USA, to Virginia, and to OCDO.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Welcome aboard!

I have not been there yet to see it in person but the US would not be here if not for the help of Britain's enemy France, and the influence of the Marquis, who became the son Geo. Washington never had.

http://youtu.be/o2wlALvJNdQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Welcome aboard!

I have not been there yet to see it in person but the US would not be here if not for the help of Britain's enemy France, and the influence of the Marquis, who became the son Geo. Washington never had.

http://youtu.be/o2wlALvJNdQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It hasn't been too long since a French Reporter came over here to interview some of Virginia's women who OC.

Fine looking woman as I recall!
    Vive jolie femme ŕ la recherche

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    It hasn't been too long since a French Reporter came over here to interview some of Virginia's women who OC.

Fine looking woman as I recall!
    Vive jolie femme ŕ la recherche
    Remember that well - many women who carry showed up at RCD to be interviewed, 3 gun Kim and DoubleTap spent considerable time with her after the meet up. Unfortunately, the reporter did not keep her promise to send us info or a disk as to how we might see the final cut version of their presentation on European TV.

She did have a certain charm though
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Jefferson and Madison are perhaps my favorite of the Founding Fathers, but Lafayette is very dear to my heart. The reason for this is that he showed that one doesn't have to come from the US to believe in it, to fight for it, to want liberty for it and to be prepared to die for it. He was a truly noble and honorable revolutionary and a passionate gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Jefferson and Madison are perhaps my favorite of the Founding Fathers, but Lafayette is very dear to my heart. The reason for this is that he showed that one doesn't have to come from the US to believe in it, to fight for it, to want liberty for it and to be prepared to die for it. He was a truly noble and honorable revolutionary and a passionate gentleman.
    Hear hear! Welcome home, my friend. You're an American by choice, but the seed was always there.

Please accept this hearty welcome to OCDO from a member in sunny, dry Arizona.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Lafayette,

A hearty congratualations and warm welcome to OCDO and the freedom of OCing. We are happy you are here and look forward to crossing paths with you; whether it be a VCDL event, Lobby Day, OC breakfast/dinner, gunshow, etc.

Please keep up the good work and post when you can. Hopefully, it will encourage others in your area to do the same.

Welcome aboard. Sorry for the delay in welcoming you, but it has been a busy time of year.

Please feel free to come to Richmond and join us for saturday breakfast or one of the monthly dinners. All are welcome and much can be learned from our regular meetings and members.

;>)

Thanks a lot guys, I look forward to meeting you all in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, I look forward to meeting you all in person.
    That'll be the scary part (we all carry guns, some even big guns) - best to wear a clove of garlic about your neck
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-05-2015 at 02:37 AM. Reason: added

A dab of Hoppe's #9 behind your ear will keep me from biting. HAH!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Some claim Hoppes #9 has medicinal properties - its effectiveness as an aphrodisiac is well known.

True red blooded american.

welcome fellow gun toten american! i find it very cool how happy you are about open carry! sometimes i do but im c.c.w certified through my local and federal juristiction. so i just applied for my concealed and boom! IM PACKEN! however guns are the best thing that could have happened to a guy who used to have a bad attitude period. i don't fight,i keep calm,i have a new sense of responsibility,almost almost like the feeling when i held my son for the first time and our eyes met. that excited happy emotionally stable and all around happy about life feeling.(btw i love my guns) even my little guy always talks about" when i get bigger daddy we go shoot boom booms in the mountians" as i replie with a biggo smile yes son with his nerf rifle leaning up beside my AR-15'S. SO GUNS GAVE ME A WAY TO VENT WHEN TRAINING,AND NOW I FIND MYSELF BEING A BIGGO TACTICAL NERD AS WE ARE OFTEN REFERED TO. I GOT IT ALL. THE F.L.I.R NIGHTVISION SCOPES,THE BIPOD'S EXTRA DETENT SPRINGS,QUAD RAILS,45 DEGREE MOUNT IRON SIGHTS,THE SCABBARDS AND TAC VESTS AND PLATE CARRIER VEST. BUG OUT BAGS, I COULD GO ON BUT LETS JUST HAVING 60 PLUS loaded Pmag's is not enough,too many glock mags to count and well yes it is hoarding kind of but some people invest in gold as to were i buy ammo! anyways i wanted to welcome you here and as getting your card,so basically brings atear to my eye to see your all grown now haha but really RIGHT ON BROTHER! YOUR RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON BY ANY LOCAL OR FEDERAL AUTHOURITY. CONSTITUTION IS A BEAUTIFUL THING I WISH MORE WOULD EMBRACE WHAT OUR COUNTRY IS BASED ON. AND ALL THE SOLDIERS SACRAFICED SO WE CAN BE PART OF A FREE WORLD AND HAVE RIGHTS! WAYYY TO MUCH BLOOD HAS SPILLED OVERSEAS DURING TIMES OF WAR FOR US TO SIT BACK AND LET THE 2ND 3RD 4TH 5TH HELL ANY ADMENT BE BROKEN OR CHANGED LIKE WE HAVE PEOPLE TRYING TO DO....THIS IS AMERICA JACK, LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE!

Quote Originally Posted by del GOD View Post
    welcome fellow gun toten american! --snipped for brevity--
    You missed the Star Spangeled Banner and America, The Beautiful in your promotion

One of my favorite snippets:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0fQd858cRc

Sing along - you know you want to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg0Vfctbeag
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-05-2015 at 04:46 AM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by del GOD View Post
    welcome fellow gun toten american! i find it very cool how happy you are about open carry! sometimes i do but im c.c.w certified through my local and federal juristiction.
    Say effing WHAT? When did a federal concealed carry permit become available? Which agency issues it? What states recognize it? How many box tops do I need to send in to get one?

so i just applied for my concealed and boom! IM PACKEN! however guns are the best thing that could have happened to a guy who used to have a bad attitude period. i don't fight,i keep calm,i have a new sense of responsibility,almost almost like the feeling when i held my son for the first time and our eyes met. that excited happy emotionally stable and all around happy about life feeling.(btw i love my guns) even my little guy always talks about" when i get bigger daddy we go shoot boom booms in the mountians" as i replie with a biggo smile yes son with his nerf rifle leaning up beside my AR-15'S.
    SO GUNS GAVE ME A WAY TO VENT WHEN TRAINING,AND NOW I FIND MYSELF BEING A BIGGO TACTICAL NERD AS WE ARE OFTEN REFERED TO. I GOT IT ALL. THE F.L.I.R NIGHTVISION SCOPES,THE BIPOD'S EXTRA DETENT SPRINGS,QUAD RAILS,45 DEGREE MOUNT IRON SIGHTS,THE SCABBARDS AND TAC VESTS AND PLATE CARRIER VEST. BUG OUT BAGS, I COULD GO ON BUT LETS JUST HAVING 60 PLUS loaded Pmag's is not enough,too many glock mags to count and well yes it is hoarding kind of but some people invest in gold as to were i buy ammo!
    There are prepper and doomsday forums where you might find more people who share these particular "enthusiasms". Most folks here carry for the defense of self and other innocents, not to go to war.

anyways i wanted to welcome you here and as getting your card,so basically brings atear to my eye to see your all grown now haha but really RIGHT ON BROTHER! YOUR RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON BY ANY LOCAL OR FEDERAL AUTHOURITY. CONSTITUTION IS A BEAUTIFUL THING I WISH MORE WOULD EMBRACE WHAT OUR COUNTRY IS BASED ON. AND ALL THE SOLDIERS SACRAFICED SO WE CAN BE PART OF A FREE WORLD AND HAVE RIGHTS! WAYYY TO MUCH BLOOD HAS SPILLED OVERSEAS DURING TIMES OF WAR FOR US TO SIT BACK AND LET THE 2ND 3RD 4TH 5TH HELL ANY ADMENT BE BROKEN OR CHANGED LIKE WE HAVE PEOPLE TRYING TO DO....THIS IS AMERICA JACK, LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE!
    'Murica! (/sarcasm)
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

FAA - pilots can be authorized to carry.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There are prepper and doomsday forums where you might find more people who share these particular "enthusiasms". Most folks here carry for the defense of self and other innocents, not to go to war.
    Yes quite so. You have too many or the wrong type of guns you're not welcome here.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    FAA - pilots can be authorized to carry.
    Sounds like a hurdle that DC would impose: CCW may only be issued to DC citizens who have current FAA Comercial Pilots license.

And if they did that, I'm sure there would be a run up on commercial pilot license training courses!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast