• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had an incident

amlevin

What is painfully lacking is a penalty for LE not complying with the law, in my mind the penalty should double each time the law is ignored.

If you carefully read through the RCW's, specifically those that deal with official's misdeeds (including officers of the court and LE), very few, if any, provide any real penalty.

Worse yet, there are no penalties for those who fail to enforce the laws which leads to selective enforcement on a regular basis.

FWIW, I'd like to see the RCW's purged of any law where it can be shown that there has been no prosecution in a given period of time (let's say 10 years for the sake of discussion).

Freedom1Man

If you carefully read through the RCW's, specifically those that deal with official's misdeeds (including officers of the court and LE), very few, if any, provide any real penalty.

Worse yet, there are no penalties for those who fail to enforce the laws which leads to selective enforcement on a regular basis.

FWIW, I'd like to see the RCW's purged of any law where it can be shown that there has been no prosecution in a given period of time (let's say 10 years for the sake of discussion).
Per the span of one term as governor.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

decklin

Really? Since when does the government enjoy protection against defamation of character - whether or not statements against the government are believed by you to be valid or not? Isn't one very basic reasons for the 1st Amendment is to protect the right of the citizen to speak out against the government?

His post was dripping with sarcasm.

briehl12

So glad to finally be done with this. Went to court yesterday and despite being there for 3hrs after the time court started, went before the judge and she granted motion to get my gun back. Took her all of 10seconds to say yes.

So since it's all done now I guess I can elaborate:
Back in mid March I was at the buttered biscuit in Bonney lake. Had one shot w a friend in her car and went into the bar to play poker. I was a little late so I didn't get to play. My and his chick went to her car again to have another shot and her car was gone. She is/was a friend that my fiancé knew and this girls fiancé was tryn to be friends with us as well.

She freaked out that her car was gone. Her fiancé took her car and crashed it into a barrier down the street and came screeching back into the parking lot at the bar. I called 911 to report it and dude got out of the car was talking a bunch of **** and then tried to swing on his girl. So I pushed him away. He then turned towards me and I walked away. He kept following me and and one point was almost ready to swing on me til I turned around and told him I was armed. That gave me enough time to get to my car. Thought I locked the car door once inside but I forgot due to all the commotion.

He was banging on my car and then almost fought with a cook at the bar, then he came back to my car and opened the door. At that point still on the phone with 911 I grabbed my gun and was at the ready. He almost got shot. Cops arrived and took him down physically because he wasn't complying.

Cops said due to alcohol being involved they had to take the gun for safe keeping.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You think everyone reacts the same to ingested alcohol? Some people don't have proper control of themselves with NO alcohol on board.

Exactly. So how are you going to fix it with a law/rule/slogan that only rational people will obey and be burdened by?

amlevin

Exactly. So how are you going to fix it with a law/rule/slogan that only rational people will obey and be burdened by?

Where do you get the idea I support MORE laws? Maybe it's time to start enforcing some of the basic laws in a manner that people will think twice before they ignore them. Fewer laws, strictly enforced, would have a far greater impact on those in society that can't play well with others.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Where do you get the idea I support MORE laws? Maybe it's time to start enforcing some of the basic laws in a manner that people will think twice before they ignore them. Fewer laws, strictly enforced, would have a far greater impact on those in society that can't play well with others.

Perhaps we misunderstand each other. Do you support a CURRENT law, assuming there is one, that prohibits carrying, if drinking responsibly? Because I see nothing to disagree with your most recent statement, except that perhaps there are too many laws now, with which you may agree; I don't know. But this is all coming from a blanket bumper sticker slogan you made about certain inanimate objects, guns and alcohol, not mixing.

Last edited:

()pen(arry

Was it an over 21 only bar? If so, and you went in with a gun, then you should have been charged also.

As far as I've been able to find, and I've looked quite a lot, this is not true. It is not illegal to possess a weapon in a 21-only establishment. It is only illegal to possess a weapon in "That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age".

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

Unless there's some other law or SLCB rule which gives establishment age limits the weight of SLCB designation, you can carry inside a 21-only bar, just not in the designated potion of that bar. It's possible that an establishment could have the entire bar so-designated, I suppose. Look for the signs.

Freedom1Man

As far as I've been able to find, and I've looked quite a lot, this is not true. It is not illegal to possess a weapon in a 21-only establishment. It is only illegal to possess a weapon in "That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age".

Unless there's some other law or SLCB rule which gives establishment age limits the weight of SLCB designation, you can carry inside a 21-only bar, just not in the designated potion of that bar. It's possible that an establishment could have the entire bar so-designated, I suppose. Look for the signs.
The signs have to be clearly posted also.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

decklin

You are correct. That is the key. The LCB must deem it off limits to minors.
Signs are require by law but many establishments fail to follow the law.
The Rock in Lakeland hills is below knee height behind a bench.
Big Whiskey in Tacoma had zero signs the last time I was there about two years ago. Those are the two I can immediately think of.
If you want a fun game just try to find the sign in some of these places.
Even better is in some locations, like the Applebee's off 72nd in Tacoma, you must walk through the 21 & over area to get to the bathroom.

CaptainKrunch

https://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

Here is an excellent video about one's 5th amendment right and excellent reasons to use it. Since this video has been published you now must tell the police you are exercising your 5th amendment right to remain silent. If you don't tell them you are exercising your rights then your silence can be used against you; thanks to the Supreme court for that.

Last edited: