• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO meetup? 06/04/07

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Tess wrote:
Just watched the whole thing.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

And for someone who "never heard of" the Million Mom March, she sure knew enough about the differences between her viewpoint and the NRA's.

That and she took off her name tag before speaking with NS.
I'd say she was a blatent liar and quite irritating. I would have cut her off after the 10th or 12th redundant question and asked her which part of my first 10 answers she was unable to understand because it won't get any clearer if you continue to ask the same questions.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And, if she was so intent on getting information at the meeting, why did she harrass NSL for 30 minutes instead of talking privately to the woman who announced the meeting cancelation, she volunteered to talk in person to anyone who was interested....

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

+1 Tess.

Mrs. Y and I just listened to the Youtube videos.

NS, you have the patience of Job. You're correct that she was, in fact, a plant. If you pay close attention to her language throughout, you'll note that she tips off from time to time that she just may be... shall we say... affiliated? Yes, we shall.

NS actually set a good example of how to be assertive of your rights, and polite. The plant was using what is a common arguement/debate tactic- the filibuster. No matter how many times you answered her, it was her "job" to get you talking on tape with her playing the role of the "victim". You gave her nothing.

She displayed for the entire world that she had sub standard parentage, if any andpoor social and behavior skills as a result. I hope that Martina is adult enough to apologize to you and the rest of the group as it will go a long way toward mending fences and it's just common sense. We really have to wonder what exactly Bob Ricker is hiding or trying to hide???

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
We really have to wonder what exactly Bob Ricker is hiding or trying to hide???

Let us not fall in to that trap, folks.

Mr. Ricker is paid to speak. Just as a motivational speaker is paid to speak. Or others are paid to speak.

Their point, whether we like it or not, is if we distribute the video for free, they lose the draw that makes people pay to have them speak.

We don't have to like it, but we also have to realize that's the one legitimate reason he can offer.

I did capture, notebook only, "I'm paid to speak"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
Mr. Y wrote:
We really have to wonder what exactly Bob Ricker is hiding or trying to hide???

Let us not fall in to that trap, folks.

Mr. Ricker is paid to speak. Just as a motivational speaker is paid to speak. Or others are paid to speak.

Their point, whether we like it or not, is if we distribute the video for free, they lose the craw that makes people pay to have them speak.

We don't have to like it, but we also have to realize that's the one legitimate reason he can offer.

I did capture, notebook only, "I'm paid to speak"

Good point, Tess. It gets Bob Ricker off the hook.

The question, "Why didn't they continue the PowerPoint and discussion without him?" continues the PR pressure against the rest of them.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Good point, Tess. It gets Bob Ricker off the hook.

The question, "Why didn't they continue the PowerPoint and discussion without him?" continues the PR pressure against the rest of them.

Perhaps we should ask that on Saturday at Celebrate Fairfax! They'll be in area 2 (http://www.celebratefairfax.org/Cel...iles/Filename/000000000508/Color Site Map.pdf) - the Cox Marketplace.

I wonder if Cox would like to see that video?? (Oh, wait, I just re-read the third (?) post from The High Road - good point.)

My family plans to attend Celebrate Fairfax! on Saturday. We'll be wandering the grounds, and plan to attend the concert at 3.

bohdi

imported post

Horrid, you evil lurker :pNice to meet you man.

Onto some other news, it is with my great pleasure to provide to you the waiver. It has no legal bearing on my ability to video tape that meeting, and I think if you'll look closely, you'll see why I had no fear of VIDEOTAPING that meeting. I'll give one of the left over cookies to the first person who can point out why. NS, damn I wish I had read this closer, and was able to communicate to you why it wasn't a problem. I just noticed it myself about 3 minutes ago.

Who wants my video :lol:
ok edited to remove the names of the innocent

Attachments

• waiver2.JPG
    waiver2.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 663

bohdi

imported post

We also should have asked them to provide us proof that Bob was actually paid to speak at that particular meeting by the MMM. After all, if they can't prove they did, their arguement would have been baseless. Another thought, too late.

IanB

imported post

The word "representation" sticks out. A video is not a "representation". A courtroom sketch is more along those lines.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:

Onto some other news, it is with my great pleasure to provide to you the waiver. It has no legal bearing on my ability to video tape that meeting, and I think if you'll look closely, you'll see why I had no fear of VIDEOTAPING that meeting. I'll give one of the left over cookies to the first person who can point out why. NS, damn I wish I had read this closer, and was able to communicate to you why it wasn't a problem. I just noticed it myself about 3 minutes ago.

Oh, I'd love to be a lawyer and play with that one.
Does photographic representation include video? Could be argued; video has a photographic and an audio component.
One could argue that prior consent is given by the fact you are permitted to tape it; after all, it doesn't way prior "written" consent.
There is no POC information for you to use to get said consent.
There is no mention of WHICH meeting it references. There is no date.

Oooooohhhh - IANAL but it screams unenforceable to me.

YouTube probably wants it.

But you may want to edit the image to black out your address - for your privacy and that of your family.

IanB

imported post

Bohdi,

I saved the image to my hard drive before you redacted your information. (If you plan to do so, and you're smart to heed Tess's advice). I plan to use that image when I make the final MMM video for posting on youtube with me bluescreened onto the video to provide comments. When I use your image, I will redact your name and information. I'll be leaving Jim Solo's on there as nothing personal is given away and he is a public figure.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oooh. I also just noticed I'm famous. I'm the one thanking her for, if it was advertised as "open to the public" moving it to an undisclosed location, and she replies "It works beautifully, because we can keep people like you out."

Is that discrimination? People like me? What? Fat white women? Mothers? Women of Italian descent?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:
Oooh. I also just noticed I'm famous. I'm the one thanking her for, if it was advertised as "open to the public" moving it to an undisclosed location, and she replies "It works beautifully, because we can keep people like you out."

Is that discrimination? People like me? What? Fat white women? Mothers? Women of Italian descent?
Tax-exemption "void-er" comment?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:

I'd say it was discrimination as you weren't wearing a gun she MUST have meant one of those things you mentioned!

What a vile, disgusting, rude and mannerless bunch of females. Certainly not Ladies by any stretch of the imagination.

IanB

imported post

Tess,

These ladies are so unprofessional and ignorant of their legal responsibilities they could easily land the BB in hot water. Your point is very valid.

bohdi

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Bohdi,

I saved the image to my hard drive before you redacted your information. (If you plan to do so, and you're smart to heed Tess's advice). I plan to use that image when I make the final MMM video for posting on youtube with me bluescreened onto the video to provide comments. When I use your image, I will redact your name and information. I'll be leaving Jim Solo's on there as nothing personal is given away and he is a public figure.

NS - after falling on my head and recovering (thanks to Bob and Citizen) I've done so and feel free to use the newer image or the one you have, I have no issue with it at all.

I had an idea about the footage I have, I had that second camera I whipped out with my lightning fast mall ninja reflexes (my kung fu is powerful donthca know) and wanted to do a picture in picture at a certain part. I also have to chop it up to youtube it which I wanted to avoid because the MMM is so afraid of editing, slicing, splicing, and dicing, but I am limited on youtube to 10 mb files..... I do have a website hosted on my pc I can post it to as a whole video, but I can also put it on youtube. I think that would cover the bases.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Horrid, you evil lurker :p Nice to meet you man.

Well for one thing, video is NOT a photograph or a "photographic representation" to a court. Video is an electronic recording, not a chemical process. So any of you that took film based photos, might have a problem but you video guys are off the hook.

Regards

bohdi

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
bohdi wrote:

Well for one thing, video is NOT a photograph or a "photographic representation" to a court. Video is an electronic recording, not a chemical process. So any of you that took film based photos, might have a problem but you video guys are off the hook.

Regards
Who wants a cookie :lol:Come on Hawk, you know you want one. And you are exactly right.