• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO meetup? 06/04/07

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Next time Hank, you should come to help us poor Virginians figure this all out.

Naked you did just fine. You too Bohdi.

The Monday morning quarterback comments don't mean a thing if the guy was not even in the stadium.

That's odd. Hawk, you were not at the first meeting and you said this:

If you look at all this from their point of view, the VCDL presence at their meeting was excessive and it was frightening. From what I have read, if the armed citizens did not outnumber them, it was close. So how would they see such a presence of armed strangers that virtually took over their meeting, and certainly had an impact on the evenings agenda?

Different logic? Different ethics? Different Monday morning?  
Same Contextomy, age related repeating I suppose.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

Hank is on the LEFT:lol:

1st freedom

imported post

HankT wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
Here is the first 10:30 minutes, to include the meeting cancellation and discussion with a woman "not affiliated with MMM". Notice that when I panned the camera at the 3:10 mark I caught the same lady removing her MMM identification name tag!!

I'm going to bed. The rest of the video will be available tomorrow.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZAsyrBTvN2g

Good quality video, NS. And the audio was good too.

The MMMers are obviously out of line for placing their restrictions on the taping. It would have been a simple matter of signing the release to get the viceo. Then you've got the video and you can determine whether their release restrictions would pass legal muster. My guess is that it would not. Then you could use the video in any way you wished.

That would have been the smart thing to do. You would have lost nothing and everyone would have been able to attend the meeting. If the waiver were found to be no good and unenforceable, then you would have had the video everyone here wants. The truth serum, as it were.

The video is painful to view. The MMMers set it up so you and OCDC/VCDL are the bad guys. The MMMers were in the wrong for doing what they did but your (and the group's) reaction and stubborness played right into their hands. C'est la vie.

The woman who spoke to you after the meeting was highly intelligent, focused, calm, surgicaland she made mincemeat of you. You were OWNED by her.

Better luck next time.

Train wreck. A train wreck. Again.

The mom's o million wanted to have a meeting to spew there garbadge to the public and didn't want it filmed so as not to be put on the spot at a later datefor squewd facts and missinformation.

"We dont want them to film our meeting, so we wont have a meeting"

What a train wreck, yup,,, they got us good Hank

bohdi

imported post

I don't support the position that this was a train wreck, unless your a member of the MMM. There was a guy with vrwmiller who was actually very well spoken and talked to a woman there about a few things and this woman ended up siding with his line of thinking - not vrwmiller but his friend. She actually was asking the MMM why they couldn't just continue, I think I have that on tape, NS should as well. 2A supporters gained a free thinker, +1

In the grand sheme of things, the MMM could have continued without their speaker, why they didn't think of it, I don't know. Had I thought of it at the time, I would have suggested it but it didn't occour to me until this morning, which does no good. Next time....

vrwmiller

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Next time Hank, you should come to help us poor Virginians figure this all out.

Naked you did just fine. You too Bohdi.

The Monday morning quarterback comments don't mean a thing if the guy was not even in the stadium.

+1

vrwmiller

imported post

bohdi wrote:
...There was a guy with vrwmiller who was actually very well spoken and talked to a woman there about a few things and this woman ended up siding with his line of thinking - not vrwmiller but his friend. She actually was asking the MMM why they couldn't just continue, I think I have that on tape, NS should as well. 2A supporters gained a free thinker, +1
Both, bohdi and NS, I think have him on tape (either audio or video) speaking. After reviewing the tapes/audio, I think bohdi has the better cut, as my friend was nearer to bohdi.

He is very well spoken and the woman he was speaking with did end up agreeing. This admission is heard in one of bohdi's tapes.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

bohdi wrote:
In the grand sheme of things, the MMM could have continued without their speaker, why they didn't think of it, I don't know. Had I thought of it at the time, I would have suggested it but it didn't occour to me until this morning, which does no good. Next time....

I agree completely. Or Naked couldhave suggested taping only the non-Ricker proceedings. There's a few ways it could have turned out better. But when the pressure is on, it's difficult to think real clearly. Negotiators can do it. People who have that knack or training. They always look for alternatives, even under constraints.

There are a bunch of lessons in Train Wreck I and Train Wreck II. I wonder what will happen next.

Has there been any news media coverage or press releases concerning last night's eventsyet?

Horrid Mischief

imported post

Thanks bohdi! Let me introduce myself to everyone as this is my first post...I'm vrmiller's friend; I've been a lurker on this board for a few months and I joined the VCDL after I heard about the Manassas thing at Tony's pizza. Both vrmiller and myself attended the City Council meetings and the Bloomburg Gun Giveaway, so we have met a few of you on this list.

I met bohdi outside the library when he came up to offer us some cookies. I introduced myself as "a lurker". ;-)

Nekkid-Shop-lifter (sp) got me on most of his third video. I think that woman I was speaking to really was getting the point I was trying to make; the issue was really about free speech. The MMM have the right to say whatever they want; even if it is untrue or misleading. But others also have the right to make recordings of what they say, and attempting to place limits on recording the meetig calls into question the validity of the MMM position. The "I'll tkae my ball and go home" tactic isn't going to advance their agenda. Put me down for the next meeting.

(Oh, and I can get an even BIGGER pro-camera setup for that one as well.)

bohdi wrote:
I don't support the position that this was a train wreck, unless your a member of the MMM. There was a guy with vrwmiller who was actually very well spoken and talked to a woman there about a few things and this woman ended up siding with his line of thinking - not vrwmiller but his friend. She actually was asking the MMM why they couldn't just continue, I think I have that on tape, NS should as well. 2A supporters gained a free thinker, +1

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Horrid Mischief wrote:
Thanks bohdi! Let me introduce myself to everyone as this is my first post...
Nekkid-Shop-lifter (sp) got me on most of his third video. I think that woman I was speaking to really was getting the point I was trying to make; the issue was really about free speech. The MMM have the right to say whatever they want; even if it is untrue or misleading. But others also have the right to make recordings of what they say, and attempting to place limits on recording the meetig calls into question the validity of the MMM position. The "I'll tkae my ball and go home" tactic isn't going to advance their agenda. Put me down for the next meeting.
If you were the guy with the knapsack standing against the table by the wall, you did pretty well. As I recall, you made some good points and I believe you were talking to the woman who was OWNING NS. You kind of rescued him, I thought as I watched it last night. Good job.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Horrid Mischief wrote:
Yeah, that was me. I was on my way home from work and on a motorcycle. Yay HOV! (Thus the back-pack.) I had forgotten about the meeting until vrmiller called me. :lol:

"What's a camera got to do with that!"

Great line....

Forty-five

imported post

I just watched/listened to it. Way to go Naked! I wouldn't have signed either, and I won't negotiate with people who want to outlaw open carry, concealed carry, restaurant carry, car carry, yard carry, house carry--you name it.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just watched the whole thing.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

And for someone who "never heard of" the Million Mom March, she sure knew enough about the differences between her viewpoint and the NRA's.

IanB

imported post

Did you see her peel off her MMM name tag at the 3:10 mark? They weren't handing out MMM nametags to guests, only the MMM's had them!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Horrid Mischief wrote:
Yeah, that was me. I was on my way home from work and on a motorcycle. Yay HOV! (Thus the back-pack.) I had forgotten about the meeting until vrmiller called me. :lol:

You were GREAT!

Even if you do have a bike that makes you carry a backpack :D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Did you see her peel off her MMM name tag at the 3:10 mark? They weren't handing out MMM nametags to guests, only the MMM's had them!

Yes. And near the end of part 1, within the last 30 seconds or so, she betrays her knowledge of what the organization asked you to do.