• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ejected from Burlington Sportsmans Warehouse

Trigger Dr

imported post

G27,

Yeah the power was out until 6:30 pm. Someone hit a power pole and then the transformer burned up. We were open but on auxillary power. Damn that gen set is noisy. Business was S L O W, and at 7:00 pm we stopped letting customers in and the ones already in the store were allowed to finish their shopping. They called it a "Soft closing" Stop in tomorrow, I am there from noon 'til 8 pm.

Jim

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I am guessing at the exact wording, but will try. The sign at our store is posted on the left side of the right hand door inside the foyer.

"For customer safety, all long guns should be unloaded and have the action open and be checked at customer service. Handguns need not be checked unless they are to be UNHOLSTERED for fitting a new holster."

I am probably wrong in some part, but will post a picture tomorrow evening.

Jim
That's pretty close. I was in the Lacey SW this afternoon and read it. Was gonna shoot a picture, but left the cellphone in the truck.

BluesBear

imported post

Being new and coming in from out of state is no excuse. He should already know that SW policy mirrors state laws. And if he just transferred into this state, as a manager of a store that SELLS FIREARMS, he bloody well better KNOW the laws of this state.

:cuss:Ignorance is no excuse no matter how ignorate a person may be.

I travel down to the Federal Way Sportsman's Whorehouse at least once a month. (that's a term of endearment since Inever seem get out of there without spending at least $100) I've been going there since the second day they were open. Before that I was going to the one in Silverdale.Ialways open carry thereand so far no one has ever said anything negative to me about it.

G27

imported post

I actually went and spoke with Jim today. What a pleasure it was. We sat there and talked for a bit and he explained about the whole situation with Dan, the manager at Burlington. The guy feels really bad about jumping to the gun and as long as he admits his mistake and we all move on I see no reason to further this issue. People are informed all the time, it's the people that learn from their mistakes and apologize that are truly good.

Attached is a picture of the door that is located outside of Sportman's. This should be pretty much on every door in Washington. I think it is pretty clear that firearms are allowed as long as they remain in the holster.

Attachments

• SSPX0100.jpg
    SSPX0100.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 599

Mainsail

imported post

attachment.php

That other sign has always made me wonder what kind of ‘scanning devices’ they are referring to. Are they talking about a price scanner or a radio frequency scanner? The bit about confiscation is a pretty bold statement, as I don’t believe they can legally confiscate any private property.

BluesBear

imported post

The electronic scanners they are referring to are those which can remotely detect when a credit/debit card has been scanned. It intercepts and reads the spurious electrical inpulses createdby a store device. Some are even capable of writing the code to a blank card which can be used immediately.

Scanning bar codes is no big deal since bar codes are not protected information. It's the company software that shows price and inventory.

Although in the past there have been instances of competing companies scanning product codes into p a "zon" machine in order to see what products a rival store is stocking. It's faster and easier than a camera.

So the sign could refer to either kind.

BluesBear

imported post

Perhaps such big words as "sidearm" and "long gun" caused the confusion? :what:

And what's with this rash of store managers not knowing their company's policies lately?

Sportsmans Warehouse should get ready for theincreased business coming from the lawful carry people who will no longer be patronizing G.I. Joes.

amlevin

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Perhaps such big words as "sidearm" and "long gun" caused the confusion? :what:

And what's with this rash of store managers not knowing their company's policies lately?

Sportsmans Warehouse should get ready for theincreased business coming from the lawful carry people who will no longer be patronizing G.I. Joes.

They already do from me. I usually stop there and check prices on my way up to Kesselrings. Kesselrings gets my bullet and primer business and SW get me for a pound or two of powder that Kesselring doesn't stock.

Any clothing items I used to buy at "Joes" I now get from SW for less money.

Trigger Dr

imported post

G27, thanks for the visit and kind words. You beat me to the punch on the picture, but this might be a little easier to read.

The other sign is like BluesBear said. Everyoneat the gun counter is now reading a little on this forum, and a couple are starting to reconsider OCing.

Re. Dan, we all make mistakes and I would not like to be judged harshly for a mistake that was corrected and acknowledged.

Attachments

• SWSIGN 006.jpg
    SWSIGN 006.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 703

krazichinaman

imported post

I went to the Federal Way store today and OCed. This is my first time Ocing there, and well it went very well. When I walked in, the two ladies at the counter looked at me and smiled. I walked around the flashlights section, walked passed the knives and went to the gun counter. All the employees took a double take as I passed them but said nothing.

I did notice that some customers trying to avoid me, but it seemed like most of the customers didn't notice or not care. All in all, I felt pretty good about the whole experience.

nofoa

imported post

I really love hearing about people who OC. I admit that it will be a while before i work up the gumption to try it. But each success story encourages to eventually work into it.

I hope i bump into you guys sometime, i have never in my life seen anyone OC. It may be that i was a sheeple so long that i just didn't notice.

BluesBear

imported post

nofoa wrote:
I really love hearing about people who OC. I admit that it will be a while before i work up the gumption to try it. But each success story encourages to eventually work into it.

I hope i bump into you guys sometime, i have never in my life seen anyone OC. It may be that i was a sheeple so long that i just didn't notice.

You should have been with us Saturday. 11 of us met up at the Monroe Gunshow, went over to Snohomish to the BBQ Shack (about half of us were open carrying in the restaurant) and then half of us went up to the Norpoint Range in Arlington and converted some money into noise and smoke.

Expvideo started a thread about it here >>> http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/5946.html

Hopefully Just-A-Car will post the photos of all of us at the restaurant soon. We'll probably do it again sometime Nofoa, you're more than welcome to share the fun.

barrett

imported post

Interesting comments, Aaron. However, this does pose a question......how were you planning on carrying your duck decoys on your motorcycle???? I know you don't have a sidecar and your bike is certainly no Harley. Perhaps you just randomly enter places to see if your right to OC is questioned, so you can get oh so confrontational. Your arrogance astounds me.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

barrett wrote:
Interesting comments, Aaron. However, this does pose a question......how were you planning on carrying your duck decoys on your motorcycle???? I know you don't have a sidecar and your bike is certainly no Harley. Perhaps you just randomly enter places to see if your right to OC is questioned, so you can get oh so confrontational. Your arrogance astounds me.

I dunno, take them out of the box and put them in a backpack????

He didn't get "oh so confrontational." He left, and called to leave a message for the store manager. That's totally arrogant, to actually go straight to the manager of a place when there's an obvious problem with policy, huh? I'd say more, but there are lurkers here that are on the fence regarding what we do and I'd rather take the "high road" instead of making comments to overshadow a positive situation with negativism.

Pay no attention to the TROLL behind the curtain.....

G27

imported post

Gezz, Aaron, you sure have a lot of people hating you lately! Who is this guy you pissed off so badly that he keeps on making up new forum names to rag on you?

barrett

imported post

First of all, I don't "hate" Aaron. Secondly, I don't change my name to hide behind a curtain. I've seen him in action with his defense of OC, and frankly, if he's the best we have to offer, then legal OC in Washington is soon to be down the toilet.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

barrett wrote:
First of all, I don't "hate" Aaron.  Secondly,  I don't change my name to hide behind a curtain.  I've seen him in action with his defense of OC, and frankly, if he's the best we have to offer, then legal OC in Washington is soon to be down the toilet.

Attachments

• smrt.bmp
    417.3 KB · Views: 322