• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ejected from Burlington Sportsmans Warehouse

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

barrett wrote:
First of all, I don't "hate" Aaron. Secondly, I don't change my name to hide behind a curtain. I've seen him in action with his defense of OC, and frankly, if he's the best we have to offer, then legal OC in Washington is soon to be down the toilet.

OK, barrett, or whatever you choose to make your name today. Then, why do you feel you need to change your name?? I know of no one here, who actually contributes to the cause, that feels the need to change their name, ever.

Legal OC will be around as long as people are willing to DO it, and do their best to educate the masses while they are out and about. I'm doing my part. Are you?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

barrett wrote:
First of all, I don't "hate" Aaron. Secondly, I don't change my name to hide behind a curtain. I've seen him in action with his defense of OC, and frankly, if he's the best we have to offer, then legal OC in Washington is soon to be down the toilet.
Go away. Please.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

barrett wrote:
barrett if that is all you have to offer go away.

Bear 45/70

imported post

You guys sure know how to welcome people and I guess you don't allow opposing opinions. I thought everyone was allowed their personal opinion whether you agree or not. Or is this a branch or the KKK?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

It's just that the guy has been on under two screen names now engaging in trollish behavior. I for one don't mind differing opinions, but unsubstantiated attacks bug me.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
You guys sure know how to welcome people and I guess you don't allow opposing opinions. I thought everyone was allowed their personal opinion whether you agree or not. Or is this a branch or the KKK?
It is one thing to offer a personal opinion and another tocome on just to attack someone. He offered nothing but a slam. There was nothing constructive in his comments at all. To me that is not a good way for a new person to make themselves welcome.

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
It's just that the guy has been on under two screen names now engaging in trollish behavior. I for one don't mind differing opinions, but unsubstantiated attacks bug me.
I believe he said he had see47 in action and that allows him to haveformedan opinion. So that would not be unsubstantiated, would it. I just find it strange that 47 has carte blanche and no one is allowed to disagree with him.

Bear 45/70

imported post

irfner wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
It is one thing to offer a personal opinion and another tocome on just to attack someone. He offered nothing but a slam. There was nothing constructive in his comments at all. To me that is not a good way for a new person to make themselves welcome.
Like I said, regardless of what is said it is taken as an attack. Must be nice to be above reproach.

Agent 47

imported post

Hey Barett, what does my bike look like. Would you care to describe it for everyone, and while you are at it go ahead and describe those nifty little saddle-bags on the sides. What exactly does someone look like "in action" OC'ing was I wearing my holster backwards? I never mind a little constructive criticism but at the very least know a little bit about what you are talking about. I have never defended OC, OC has never needed to be defended, It has always and probably will always be legal in this state. There is no debating nor defending necessary I simply tell people about itwho ask me for information on the subject.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

My jumping on Barrett was based on the assumption and implication that he also has posted as kaiser-sozay, who yesterday was actually making certain claims against Aaron regarding some merchandise sold by him. This doesn't seem like the proper forum to accuse someone of questionable business practices or make slanderous statements whie doing so. If Barrett is not Kaiser I apologize for being harsh and accusing him of actions without proof. Beyond that, I would think any disagreement between the two would be best ironed out on their own thread, rather than hijack this Sportsman's Warehouse thread.

barrett

imported post

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome to this website so very glad that the first amendment is in no danger here. Bear, thank you for your defense. I have ready many of the stories here and find most of them quite interesting. I did not intend to "attack" Aaron if that's how all of you saw it. It just seems that of all the stories I have read, he seems to have soooooo many run-ins with the law and businesses with his exciting experiences arguing his case for OC. I don't know of anyone else in here that has experienced so many. I guss that's a gold star for him. Do I support OC? Yes, that's why we are here. However, I also believe in common sense. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. Guns are becoming taboo in this country and we all know that. Does that mean we should OC in a family restaurant just because we can? "Everyone enjoy your dinner while we wait for that man with the 45 to possibly shoot us." Let's use some common sense and some courtesy. We don't need to walk into McDonald's and scare the crap out of granny and little Johnny.

Carolina40

imported post

Barrett smells like an "anti" just trying to cause discension amongst our ranks.

(but he has every right to voice his opinion, as uneducated as it may be)

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

barrett wrote:
......how were you planning on carrying your duck decoys on your motorcycle???? I know you don't have a sidecar and your bike is certainly no Harley. Perhaps you just randomly enter places to see if your right to OC is questioned, so you can get oh so confrontational. Your arrogance astounds me.

So you've never gone price-check or idea shopping?

Talk about arrogance!

"Perhaps you just randomly enter forums to see if your right to troll is questioned, so you can get oh so confrontational. "

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

barrett wrote:
We don't need to walk into McDonald's and scare the crap out of granny and little Johnny.
I love all you OC "experts" that have NEVER OC'd. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've OC'd in MANY "family restaurants" as well as Mc-D's and no one batted an eye.

Why not try it before bashing it? Or if you don't want to OC at least don't pretend to know things about OC that you don't. It makes you look really ignorant on a public forum.

swillden

imported post

G27 wrote:
Attached is a picture of the door that is located outside of Sportman's. This should be pretty much on every door in Washington. I think it is pretty clear that firearms are allowed as long as they remain in the holster.
FYI, this is exactly the same sign I've seen on SW doors in Utah. Same size, color, wording, everything, so it's probably on all SW stores.

I think it's a great policy that reduces the likelihood of accidental discharges in the store while not impacting anyone's RKBA. Of course, it probably increases the likelihood of accidental discharges in the parking lot, but I can see SW preferring that :)

Decoligny

imported post

barrett wrote:
SNIP... However, I also believe in common sense. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. Guns are becoming taboo in this country and we all know that. Does that mean we should OC in a family restaurant just because we can? "Everyone enjoy your dinner while we wait for that man with the 45 to possibly shoot us." Let's use some common sense and some courtesy. We don't need to walk into McDonald's and scare the crap out of granny and little Johnny.
Guns are becoming taboo in this country and we all know that. They are becoming taboo because there are very few peoplebrave enough to ignore theunfounded fears of the uneducated and actually Open Carry whenever possible in every available public place.

Just because someone is "scared" of guns, are we to let their irrational fear become the basis for our rolling over and abdicating our 2A right to keep and bear arms? I don't think so.

It is precisely because we can that we should at every possible opportunity. If we can and we don't, then someone will ask "Do they really need to carry guns?" This will eventually lead to them insisting"You Can't Carry That Out In Public!!!"

When Granny and Little Johnny see us in McDonalds two or three times, or two or three dozen times, and they leave alivewith no new holes in thier bodies, they see that we arent' "psycho's with guns" and they will soon get accustomed to real live "normal" people Open Carrying guns in public places.

Sage of Seattle

imported post

I did not intend to "attack" Aaron if that's how all of you saw it.

*snip*

I guss that's a gold star for him.

And this second comment wasn't an attack, either, I take it? So you say you didn't attack him, go on to attack him again, not even apologize for the *perceived attack*, berate us for not giving you a warm enough welcome and then,

Do I support OC? Yes, that's why we are here. However, I also believe in common sense. Just because we can doesn't mean we should.

you say you support OC, yet condemn all OC'ers as not having common sense in hiding their pistol because it'll scare lil Johnny and granny at the local Mickey D's.

And the First Amendment doesn't protect your right to say whatever you want on a privately run forum; even if it did, the First Amendment doesn't protect your right to say whatever you want WITHOUT REPERCUSSION.

I take responsibility for everything I say -- what about you?