• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WalMart

kmcdowel

imported post

pi/carl wrote:
I agree with you here.It should be by there add-min if anyone.I have cc in store here and had no problems.:)
Well of course you had no problems...no one knew you were carrying! Tuck in that shirt and let it all hang out!!:monkey

tarzan1888

imported post

pi/carl wrote:
Live in Gulfport .Ms heard on Talk Radio show Coiast to Coast AM 104.9 In Gulfport,Ms.I do not know what state they was in the person that was telling coast to coast am cover alot of states.I have carry conceald in there had no problems here that just shoked me when i heard this the other night.:what:

First lesson here.....Never believe what you hear from a caller on talk radio.

Anyone can callin and say anything....but it doesn't make it so.

Tarzan

charlie12

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
pi/carl wrote:
Live in Gulfport .Ms heard on Talk Radio show Coiast to Coast AM 104.9 In Gulfport,Ms.I do not know what state they was in the person that was telling coast to coast am cover alot of states.I have carry conceald in there had no problems here that just shoked me when i heard this the other night.:what:

Tarzan

It wasn't a caller on the show that said that. It was the guest. Here's the link.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2008/01/09.html

tarzan1888

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
pi/carl wrote:

Anyone can call in and say anything....but it doesn't make it so.

Tarzan

It wasn't a caller on the show that said that. It was the guest. Here's the link.

Same difference.

Tarzan

charlie12

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
charlie12 wrote:
tarzan1888 wrote:
pi/carl wrote:

Tarzan

Same difference.

Tarzan

A guest speaker on a show is not the same as someone just calling off the street. I guess you don't know the difference.

He might have gotten the Walmart deal wrong but he was pretty right on with his other stuffin the interview.

kb0tpz

imported post

Here is my take on this open carry/ concealed carry. I live in Springfield, Mo in greene county and here it is not illegal to open carry on your person no law on the books in the city of springfield mo or the county to restrict it. As faw as walmart goes I have a mo ccw permit and this is the deal I i look at it if there is a sign on the door of a business that states no concealed carry, but does not state no weapons at all I just make sure that when I go into the business I make my weapon visible as to carry openly and I have never but one time had a problem with that and it was not at a walmart it was at a pawn shop that had a sign posted to no ccw. But I was carrying openly and they asked me wht it was and i told them it is my weapon for my personal protection and that there sign stated no ccw not no open carry. and they left me alone after that. At walmarts here in springfield Greene county mo none of them have a sign posted that says no conconcealed weapons so if you have a ccw permit and they see you in the store with it concealed and ask you to leave they really do not have the right to do so, due to the fact they is no sign posted at the front doors, however they can ask you nicely and then if you do not then they can have you arested for trespassing on private property. So if you are ask nicely to leave or remove your weapon and secure it in your car it would be wise to do so. But as i stated here in this area I have done both in walmart carry openly and concealed and never had any problems with anyone from management.

tarzan1888

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
.....A guest speaker on a show is not the same as someone just calling off the street. I guess you don't know the difference......

For clarification, the "Same Difference" was intended for people's believability and that you can't believe what you hear from a caller or a guest, just because they are on the radio. :banghead:

Last night on a radio talk show I ran across,a "Guest" was talking about alien abductions, alien as in outer space. Again guest or caller....Same difference.

Tarzan

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aran wrote:
WalMart is not gun-friendly. At all.
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, just because you have had bad experiences at your local/regional WalMart store(s) does not mean that WalMart corporation is entirely not gun friendly. If you read the first page of this thread, you will see the letter I posted regarding WalMart's position on firearms, and a link to another discussion on the issue.

Walmart's policy allows concealed carry but reserves the right to deny open carry. Knowing this I don't typically OC into Walmart. On one of the few occasions I did, prior to knowing the corporate policy, I had a manager walk up to me, politely ask if I had a CCW, when I responsded affirmatively, he asked if I would please cover my pistol. I assented, he said thank you, and we both went on with our evening. YMMV depending on numerous factors, including geography.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

pi/carl wrote:
I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .We are the first at a store shooting that could go down are worse in any store and we might be only one to save others before Police get there.We should fix this some how.

Bye

Pi/Carl

Well.., either way ( even thought I have a "permit"), I always OC at ALL Walmart stors:p

TJ

rocknsnow

imported post

I have oc'ed as well. Never had a problem at Wal-Mart. I got there a couple times of week. (poor college kid and i need food)...

USMC91E6

imported post

southernbnb wrote:
my aunt is a co-manager at the walmart here in jacksonville north carolina and i asked her what the company policy was on open carry when i first started OCing. she told me that the standard policy is for a member of management to approach the person and respectfully inquire if the person has a CCW permit. if the answer is yes the conversation goes no further than a have a nice day. if they do not have a permit then they are asked to leave the store and secure the weapon in thier vehicle. while i do not agree with this particular policy they have the right to do this due to the fact that the store is private property. however i have OCed in her store several times and never had a problem. i dont know if this is due to her being management or if the employees are just oblivious! lol i was standing in sams club a few weeks ago and three members of management walked right past me, spoke to me and never even noticed my weapon. go figure!
I just OCed there yesterday with no problems.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

I OC there at least 3 times a week, and nobody has ever said anything to me. i've gotten looks from people, but I've even bought ammo (which IS against store policy) while carrying.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

WhiteRabbit22 wrote:
I OC there at least 3 times a week, and nobody has ever said anything to me. i've gotten looks from people, but I've even bought ammo (which IS against store policy) while carrying.

I have gotten the run-around when trying to buy ammo while carrying before. On that same note, a week or two ago I bought quite a bit of shotgun and handgun ammo (.22) while carrying without any issues.

Part of the problem with wal-mart is that they hire a very wide range of people. Some have college degrees, some literally have never passed 8th grade. This is probablypart of the reason why we run into uneducated, inexperienced managers/employees from time to time.

nh92d

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Part of the problem with wal-mart is that they hire a very wide range of people. Some have college degrees, some literally have never passed 8th grade. This is probablypart of the reason why we run into uneducated, inexperienced managers/employees from time to time.

that and the poor training they give their associates...i should know,i've worked for them for over 10yrs.

(so glad i don't work there anymore):monkey

since i've been CCing,i've gone there several times with no problems.(still working up nerve to OC :banghead: ,it's that whole"fear of confrontation" thing.not to mention if a sheep freaks out and calls cops)-has it happened to you andhow did things go??