• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WalMart

acrimsontide

imported post

pi/carl wrote:
I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .We are the first at a store shooting that could go down are worse in any store and we might be only one to save others before Police get there.We should fix this some how.

Bye

Pi/Carl
If you choose to carry concealed and are legal in doing so, why worry about Wal-Mart ? If your weapon is CONCEALED, the people at Wal-Mart aren't going to know it so it won't be an issue.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Mike wrote:
pi/carl wrote:
I heard on a radio program that Wal-Mart stores will not allow carry concael in there stores i do not think this is fair to us as CCW .
This site is about open carry - sounds like good news to me that WalMart is AOK with open carry.:cool:

Walmart follows State AND Federal Laws on BOTH OC AND CC. I OC ALL the time at Walmart. No Problem at all

paul_bunyun007

imported post

In Minnesota, if walmart doesn't want open or concealed carrying, they must post a sign with the letters being of correct size in the enterance of their store. This depends on the state law.

highcountry32

imported post

Post IP
The IP of this user at the time of posting the above post was 64.47.54.5. Users posted from this IP can be seen below:
Username IP Posts
highcountry32 64.47.54.5 9
71.38.95.87 5
mike55 64.47.54.5 1
HiPower 64.47.54.5 4
2amend man 64.47.54.5 1

swillden

imported post

highcountry32 wrote:
Why must you open carry in a Walmart or any other retail store? Are you scared of the greeter? There is a time and a place but a family store is no place for open carry:celebrate
(Assuming that you're serious, which you may not have been -- it's unclear) here are some reasons for open carrying in Wal-mart:

1. To provide a visible deterrent to any bad guys who might think about hurting or robbing any of the people in the "family store".

2. To ensure that you have a weapon to defend yourself in the event something bad happens and:

a) You don't have a good way to conceal (no jacket, etc.); or
b) You don't have a license to conceal; or
c) You find concealing uncomfortable and annoying.

3. To promote acceptance of an armed society by demonstrating to everyone within sight of you that armed people are normal, except maybe a little nicer, more polite, etc.

4. To make a political statement about your right to carry openly. There's no point in making a statement where no one can hear it, and Wal-mart is a good place to find lots of people.

5. Because you want to. Really, no other reason is required.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

highcountry32 wrote:
Why must you open carry in a Walmart or any other retail store? Are you scared of the greeter? There is a time and a place but a family store is no place for open carry:celebrate
Were we to follow these guidelines, then police officers must also cease any form of open carry as well. And before anyone jumps on me about this, here is something to ponder.

Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed. Governments, and thereby any and all agencies, have no rights. They have power and authority along with necessary privilege. WE, on the other hand, do have rights as well as authority, power, and privilege. So we are superior to government and its agencies.

What this means is this. A police officer carries arms at our pleasure (as in allowance or extended privilege). He has no right to bear arms.. only privilege. The power of government and its agencies is limited and defined. The power of the people is unlimited and encompassing.

Think about it.

charlie12

imported post

He's either kidding or a troll.
A Baton Rouge Policewoman working security at a Walmart in Baton Rouge was shot and killed with her own weapon a couple of years ago.

Aran

Banned
imported post

highcountry32 wrote:

Why must someone who open carries everywhere change their habits just because they've gone into a "family store" (What the hell is a "family store" anyhow? You don't bring the family to shop for groceries, do you? Weirdo.) or around people who might possibly be offended by it?

There's a right to bear arms, but no right to be unoffended.

nh92d

imported post

highcountry32 wrote:

sorry..but from someone(me) that has worked for them for 10yrs,i wouldn't exactly call them a family store....more like disfunctional family.:quirky(that's why i haven't shopped there since i left.)

(BTW-i'm not just going by my experience from 1 store,i helped out at acouple different stores)

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't know what the fuss is about. I have OC'd at wally's and costco all the time. I have recieved cheerful assistance away from the counter where the employees have obviously noticed. But it was never even a problem nor was I questioned.

I think maybe those who are confronted about it at either of those two stores are being judged as suspicious by either their dress, attitudeor actions.

charlie12

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
I don't know what the fuss is about. I have OC'd at wally's and costco all the time. I have recieved cheerful assistance away from the counter where the employees have obviously noticed. But it was never even a problem nor was I questioned.

I think maybe those who are confronted about it at either of those two stores are being judged as suspicious by either their dress, attitudeor actions.
Bingo

Aran

Banned
imported post

I had the police called on me while I was discussing coffee with my fiancee and a fellow WalMart shopper, both of us dressed average (Khakis, t-shirts, jackets, relatively new/unmarred shoes) and not making any sort of commotion.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

highcountry32 wrote:

Only your opinion. Worth exactly what we paid for it ... Nothing.

If you don't think a "store" is a proper place for OC then dont't do it. :celebrateBuh-bye.:celebrate

kmcdowel

imported post

highcountry32 wrote:
He has a good point. This should be a gun free zone. Universities are places to learn, so lets make them gun free zones. Why carry in a bank? Are you scared of the teller? Why carry at all? You all must be big scardey cats.

swillden

imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
highcountry32 wrote:
He has a good point. This should be a gun free zone. Universities are places to learn, so lets make them gun free zones. Why carry in a bank? Are you scared of the teller? Why carry at all? You all must be big scardey cats.
Don't forget malls and churches.

Hiker

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Are we talking about a little sign in some of the stores 'no concealed' or are we talking about state laws for public areas?

Some of the creeps that I see in and aroundour local superstores are don't shop in the other stores that I frequent. This is a place to be particularly guarded if the appearance of other shoppers warrants any special consideration.

WARCHILD

imported post

Walmart in Mich allows cc but not oc. they have a disclaimer sticker on their front door thatthe the person carrying is liable and responsible for it's use and safety. I have oc in the owosso stores many times and was approached by a shift manager and told I could not wear it in the open. so to save the hassle I cover it up when I go in any walmart. Keep in mind, Mich law says you cannot carry, cc or oc in any business which is posted no firearms. the catch 22 is-- they are not "required" to post such a sign. Once you are informed not to carry in their business, in essence it becomes a pistol free zone and you are subject to prossecution. so to protect yourself, when in doubt, cover it up or leave it in the trunk.

kmcdowel

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Walmart in Mich allows cc but not oc. they have a disclaimer sticker on their front door thatthe the person carrying is liable and responsible for it's use and safety.

Welcome to the site Warchild, nice to have another active Michigan member.

I OC in Walmart quite frequently, so it must depend on the Walmart. There is no sign or sticker on thedoor of the store I frequent.