• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC report for Spokane

surfj9009

imported post

Hahaha. ......but it is nicer huh? i actually test drove a black drop top z before I made the purchase, and I did like it. But the G35 is so damn sexy, I could'nt resist.

surfj9009

imported post

Kinkos downtown. No comments but the service was terrible, so I went to Staples again. The checker was rude and I believe it was because the managers were eyeing me and my gun. I wont shop there again.

Talked to an old Marine retiree about guns and OC at Staples for about 10 minutes. The checker didn't even notice until he started the conversation with me. Stopped by Brock's Gunsmithing to pick up some parts for my AR, uneventful.

Went into Ulricks transmission shop because they had an old Jeep truck for sale in the parking lot. Talked to the manager and the mechanic, uneventful.

Will be going to dinner tonight, followed by the Regal Cinemas at Northtown mall for a movie. That may be interesting.

Brad Cowin

imported post

Great thing you're doing here man. I live in Spokane also but am only 19 so no OC for me yet.

I am trying to convince my dad to read up on the laws and OCing in general since he complains about the hassle of CC and hasn't even had his license for a couple years now :(. Hopefully I can win him over.

Quick question (assuming you have your CPL), can you have your gun just partially concealed or does it have to be entirely concealed / entirely open?

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
surfj9009 wrote:
Will be going to dinner tonight, followed by the Regal Cinemas at Northtown mall for a movie. That may be interesting.
How'd the movie at Nothtown go?
The movie went good. We went to a showing at 9:15 and there was practically nobody in the mall. Only 8 people in the theater at the movie "Fools Gold". Once we walked in, we did not pass one person until we got to buy our tickets, so it was a seriously non eventful OC.

As a side note, there is no signage at the mall entrance or the theater entrance. :lol:

I read somewhere though that mall security has asked people to conceal there before, and Regal Cinemas has a restricting policy.:question: I dunno for sure

Dave The Welder

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
As a side note, there is no signage at the mall entrance or the theater entrance. :lol:

I read somewhere though that mall security has asked people to conceal there before, and Regal Cinemas has a restricting policy.:question: I dunno for sure
My friend is a manager at the Regal Cinemas in Kennewick and he says that although there aren't any signs up they're told that they're strictly anti-gun and to throw anybody out who is seen carrying one.

surfj9009

imported post

Well, if they ever decide to throw me out, I won't want to go there anyways. I may have just gotten lucky last night, it was dead as a doornail, which was not what I was expecting. That theater is pretty busy usually.

surfj9009

imported post

Ok, today I went to the In and Out Car Wash on Francis. The lobby was packed while I stood around for about 20 minutes waiting for my car to get done. Then I went to Target at Northpointe and shopped for about 20 minutes for a few clothes items.

Both instances garnered plenty of eyes, no talks though. I wish more folks would attempt to engage me in conversation sometimes.

surfj9009

imported post

Ok, today me and a few fellow OC'ers met up for coffee @ Starbucks on lower Division I was there for about an hour, and they were there for about 45 minutes. Uneventful.

Then we went to the Army Surplus store for almost an hour. An employee asked us about our day out, and the conversation was minimal. After he asked, before anybody had a chance to respond, another citizen who was not in our group said "It's still perfectly legal ", to which the clerk agreed, but he also suggested we may be in a spot where we regret it someday. Nice guy though.

After that we went to Axel Raven Co. Once again, they were awesome there. very hands on kind of store with only the best toys around. (Who's gonna post the picture of the Barrett?):lol:

Then we met up at Staples to go downtown to Cyrus O'Leary's for lunch. they were very busy and the staff was very friendly, and the food was awesome. Damn! I love their ribs. Lots of folks looking at us when we went to sit down. I ate strong side out, so I know a lot of folks saw me OC'ing. I was totally expecting a manager visit, since they are a family rest., but was delighted to just get excellent service instead during the maybe 2(?) hours we were seated.

While we were entering, a woman behind us said something to the effect of "those men have guns", to which a male she was with said something to the effect of, "It's alright, it's legal" I don't remember how exactly that went, so if anybody who actually heard it remembers, correct me please. That's the gist of it as a remember though.

While I was in the restroom a mid 20's early 30's guy saw me carrying and said "I didn't know you could carry a gun into the bars" I quickly corrected him and clarified that I couldn't, but it's legal to carry into a rest. as long as it's not in the areas restricted to minors, blah blah. He seemed a bit uncomfortable with his back to me drying his hands while I washed mine. Nice guy though, which came through during his inquiry. Well, hopefully he let a few of the folks he was with know what he learned. Sometimes it's nice to win the game by hitting singles all day long instead of always swinging for the fences.

After lunch, we walked around town for a while, and then through Riverfront Park. A few LEO's drove by and saw us, but they just kept on driving.:lol:

Then we walked to Starbucks downtown for some coffee again, because I have to have at least 2 a day! We weren't there long before we walked back to our cars and drove out north to Nine Mile Falls to visit Daves Guns. That was uneventful, aside from my heartstrings getting pulled by all the guns and a scope that I want to buy.

Then I went home and put it in the safe:cry:, since I was meeting up with a few people in a bar to watch the Gonzaga game, which the Zags won.:celebrate

Damn it was a good day!

Dave The Welder

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
After that we went to Axel Raven Co. Once again, they were awesome there. very hands on kind of store with only the best toys around. (Who's gonna post the picture of the Barrett?):lol:

As soon as I get the pictures of me on the Barret, I'll post them. I was joking that if I slung the Barret M82A1 on my back and OCed it around on a motorcyle, I wouldn't ever have to worry about somebody tailgating me or roadrage of any sort. If you think Mailsail can clear the fast lane with his Crown Victoria, wait until I pull into traffic!!!:celebrate

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
surfj9009 wrote:

As soon as I get the pictures of me on the Barret, I'll post them. I was joking that if I slung the Barret M82A1 on my back and OCed it around on a motorcyle, I wouldn't ever have to worry about somebody tailgating me or roadrage of any sort. If you think Mailsail can clear the fast lane with his Crown Victoria, wait until I pull into traffic!!!:celebrate
Ha! I know huh. I was thinking about how cool my car would be if I has that puppy mounted on the roof of my car, and I could access it with the sunroof open. I'd put John Travolta in swordfish to shame!!

What.....John who?

Dave The Welder

imported post

The guy behind the counter at Axel Ravin Inc said that last year they were heading out to a full auto shoot and didn't have enough room to pack everything in the truck so they set a M249 SAW with empty drum attached on it's bipod in the back of the truck...and then decided to pick up some food on the way to the shootout. When they pulled up to the window at the drive through, a lady leaned out of the window to hand them their food, looked in the back of their truck at a "loaded" machinegun sitting on it's bipod in the open, and about freaked out.

surfj9009

imported post

Another quiet day OC'ing in Spokane.:cool:

went to the Starbucks at Northpoint and then i went to Dr. Houk's Chiropracters office.

Stopped in at River Ridge Hardware for about ten minutes. Then I shopped at Safeway by Shadle Park for about 45 minutes.

Nice quiet dayyet again. I have been trying to go to many different stores lately, and so far so good!!:lol:

dlnwoody

imported post

I know this is not about OC'ing but someone was talking about the barrett. If you have not had the chance to shoot the gun you are missing out. I have had shoot guns with more kick. If they would drop the price I think I would have to get one. Also the M249 very nice.

surfj9009

imported post

Hico Village out on Sprague. Young guys eyeing me but nothing said. I just stopped in to use the bathroom.

Went and had dinner with the girlfriend at Moons Mongolian Grill on north Division St. It was really busy and I got up to the buffet line/grill 3 times. Stood around at the grill for a while waiting for our plates. LOTS of folks saw me carrying, all ages, but since I was out at dinner with the girlfriend, I was just paying attention to her, so nobody payed me any mind. Tonight was the first night I OC'ed with my girl somewhere and she didn't ask me to cover it up.:lol: I suppose now she may be getting more comfortable with it.

Ended the night by stopping in at the General Store on Division St. to pick up some motor oil. Walked by the hardware and looked around, as well as by the reloading stuff. Not even a second glance.

So my days just keep getting better and better so far.:dude::celebrate