• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC report for Spokane

Bear 45/70

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
I believe this is the same sign posted at Flaming Joes. Apperently, after speaking with the owner there, I was told that the Liquor control board told her she had to post it.
This erroneous posting of state law could become a big issue. I think a visit to the manager of Ichiban is in order. I'll see what I can dig up.
If the LCB is saying that for certain, several letters will need to be written.

As for my OC the last two days. I OC'ed at
Gart Sports
Best Buy
TJ Max
Aspen Sound
Snows Auto
Pho Van Vietnemese Rest.
Axel Raven Co.
Target
Yokes Pac and Save
Les Schwab
Hollywood Video
REI

I know some of these are still repeats, but I will continue to mention them since they deserve our business in my book.

I had a talk with an installer at Snows Auto, and gave a pamphlet to him, since he CC's. Handed a few out while I was at Axel Raven Co. today. I gave one to the owner to look at, since he mentioned that there have been several conversations in his shop about the legality of it. He said he would review it and make sure it's all kosher, and he will probably host them.
You need to make a phone call to LCB Enforcement Division and speak with them. They will send a guy out and he will correct the situation. It's worked twice for me and it is usually because the owner didn't pay attention to exactly what they we told by the LCB person.

joeroket

imported post

Agreed Bear. The LCB rules stipulate that the signs must be paced at the entrance to the area off limits to persons under 21. The owners are flat out misinterpreting the rules and are unkowingly in violation of them.

Shy_Panda

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Agreed Bear. The LCB rules stipulate that the signs must be paced at the entrance to the area off limits to persons under 21. The owners are flat out misinterpreting the rules and are unkowingly in violation of them.

Then this applies to Ichiban as well seeing as how they had a sign at the entrance saying that firearms were not allowed per 9.41.300 d. This was not posted at the no minors allowed area which had signs posted for that as well. These were in two totally different locations. Next time I am up in spokane I will see about talking to the manager about it.

Joe, do you happen to have a copy of those rules, or a link where I can find them to back up what I would be saying?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
joeroket wrote:

Then this applies to Ichiban as well seeing as how they had a sign at the entrance saying that firearms were not allowed per 9.41.300 d. This was not posted at the no minors allowed area which had signs posted for that as well. These were in two totally different locations. Next time I am up in spokane I will see about talking to the manager about it.

Joe, do you happen to have a copy of those rules, or a link where I can find them to back up what I would be saying?
In the two incidents of this type of sign in the wrong place, the owner won't change anything and I knew one of them for years. Call the LCB Enforement guys, they will go out and correct the problem without you doing anything else and the place won't know you called either.

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
In the two incidents of this type of sign in the wrong place, the owner won't change anything and I knew one of them for years. Call the LCB Enforement guys, they will go out and correct the problem without you doing anything else and the place won't know you called either.
+1. Just call the LCB and have them fight your fight for you. Plus, their word is law when it comes to that sign; if the manager ignores them, he pays a fine. If he ignores you, he just sleeps better at night knowing he told some punk to piss off.

joeroket

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
joeroket wrote:

Here ya go.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=314-11-060

Shy_Panda

imported post

So a little more OC'ness up here in Spokane. Obviously there was a meet up (if you could call it that) today downtown, only 3 showed; Bobcav, his cousin? and myself. After all the fun downtown I decided to run into the value village by the arena to see what they had, walked around with no problems although I did see a coupleget banned for some strange reason, I don't have specifics on that one. Then went to the Army Surplus on Division and picked up a sweet Don't Tread On Me flag, the owner didn't seem to have any problem with the fact that I was OCing but it never came up in conversation so I don't know if they can truely be added to the pro list yet. I has a similar experience at the White Elephant down the road, lots of people noticed but nothing was said, I made my purchases and left. Albertsons on the south hill is another uneventful experience in Spokane.

Shy_Panda

imported post

So apparently it has been a long time since anyone OCed over here in Spokane... which is not the case due to sonics obviously. Figured that I would bring this one back from page 13 or whatnot.

Started out the week with one of my strangest encounters yet, I honestly didn't know how to respond for a few moments. First stop was the verizon store on the south hill walk in with the mom cause we have the whole family plan thing going. This is how the conversation goes as best as I can remember (I can't find the voice recorder)

Employee: How canI help you today?

Mom: (phone in hand) we are looking to get new phones

E: What is that? (apparently refrencing my beretta)

Mom: (Looking down at her hand) A cell phone. (Not realizing that he is talking about my sidearm, I OC so often that she doesn't even notice it anymore)

E: No THAT! (pointing at my hip) Is that a gun?

Me: Yes (wondering what else it could be)

E: Why do you carry it?

Me: For self defense, it is legal to OC a gun in Washington state without a permit.

E: Well it certainly is intimidating.

It was this last line that I found interesting, apparently he wasn't listening to what I was saying at all and merely assumed that I was doing so to intimidate people. The remainder of the transaction went fairly well, although he did occasionally look to my hip. After getting new phones we went on our way. Unfortunately I do not remember where else we went throughout the day, but there were many stops... far too many for my liking. Nothing really interesting until we were at the valley mall and I heard someone behind me say to one of their friends "Is that a glock?" to which he recieved a quick retort "What are you, a complete moron?" By the time I looked back to see who was talking they had already turned the other direction and started walking away. Four guys mabey early twentys but I wouldwager they were 18-19, one had short hair and the others baseball caps. Seems like people are starting to get used to it because of our overwhelming presence (highly unlikely) or that people don't really care. Either way Spokane is fairly friendly considering I don't know of any negative LEO encounters despite threats of arrest by some of the people I work with who were really trying to defend their vocational knowledge in front of their peers. Any rate. Rocket Market, Shopko, Albertsons all on the south hill still no problems, some stares but nothing more and Outback in the valley no recgonition at all. Cabella's a non issue, ran into a fellow OCer whose name escapes me at the moment but the work of surf and everyone else is really starting to show. Great job everyone.

surfj9009

imported post

Well I am glad you revived this thread. i have been OC'ing all over town without a hitch. I can't even begin to name all the new places, but here is a few:
Schucks on rowan, Napa on north division and freya, Cyrus O'leary's again, Walmart at Shadle and Walmart at north division, supercuts on north division, Dough boys tool store on Division, Borders bookstore at Northpointe, River Ridge Hardware, Pull and Save wrecking yard, Spaldings wrecking yard, and the Auto licencing place on north division by Whitworth (had to renew my tabs).

There are numerous random gas stations not listed here too.

The only conversations I have had lately were at Schucks and Dough boys, and they were both good conversations which gave me an opportunity to hand out a pamphlet.

As a side note, I have converted my neighbor from CC to OC, and he loves it. Says it is much more comfortable to OC. Now if I could just find a polite way to emphasize to him that he should remember that it may make people very uncomfortable when he is drinking to see him OC. I suppose i am not around the folks he is around when he drinks/OC's, so i can't acurately judge, but I don't want him to get into trouble or ruin the image most OC'ers try to portray.

DEROS72

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
BobCav wrote:
LOL...you should see the looks I get when I roll up in my black Chrysler 300C with tinted windows!
Ha. I can imagine. I got a black Infiniti G35 coupe with deep dish 20" wheels. I almost bought a 300C. Damn nice cars for sure. All eyes on us. I have noticed that not as many people come up to me and talk about my car when i am OC'ing thats for sure. It used to happen all the time. Crazy sheeple!:banghead:

You should see the looks I get when I roll up in my Metro bus....

Open carried on the bus again today no reaction.Went to the jewelry store to have a watch fixed.Got the "Are You A cop?" Question.gave the 2 gals there a brief outline and a pampmlet.Also the gal that cut my hair was seriously interested I spent quite awhile talking with her about OC and our rights in general.The fact that she was really gorgeous had nothing to do with with the time spent there..I am finding more and more people with a genuine interest in our gun rights.Quite a few I have talked with thought carry in any form was illegal.

surfj9009

imported post

tonight went to the following: Target,best buy, home depot, river ridge hardware( I love that place), and the BBQ stand/trailer by burger king out by northpoint.

BobR

imported post

Open carry in Spokane seems to be as good as any other place.

I always OC in the Valley. I haven't had a reason to go to the mall yet while OC, but who knows, today may be the day.

I went to Great Floors in the Valley the other day and the guy helping me said "Is that a pistol? I hope you are a police officer." So naturally I said, "No, I am a citizen exercising my constitutionally given and fully legal rights to carry a gun this way." Then we discussed the difference between CC and OC, how you need a CPL to carry a loaded gun in your car, then I gave him a pamphlet for him to read.

Then the wife and I got to the business of trying to find some new floor coverings.

Other than that every where else we went was a non-event. No one approachedme at dinner at HuHot in the Valley, we were there with several friends and I went through the line more than once. A few glances but nothing else.

I highly recommend HuHot for food, for a chain Mongolion BBQ, it has some very good (fresh) food items on the food line.

bob

David.Car

imported post

Spent quite a bit of time in the Shadle Walmart walking around. Asked a few employees for help locating different things. No comments. Non event.

David.Car

imported post

Spent some time in the General Store today. Buying some ammo and snap caps for my new 12ga.

Than went to the Spokane Teachers Credit Union on Nora (I think.)

Than some food at D'Lishs. (Owned and started by ex military man named Dave Lish, fantastic fast food burgers. If you like Dicks downtown you need to try this place).

Couple lookers at most the places, not a comment made. Non encounter is a good encounter.

Shy_Panda

imported post

David.Car wrote:
Than went to the Spokane Teachers Credit Union on Nora (I think.)

Than some food at D'Lishs. (Owned and started by ex military man named Dave Lish, fantastic fast food burgers. If you like Dicks downtown you need to try this place).

I bank with STCU and have never had a problem with the southhill branch.

D'Lishs is frickin amazing, they have the best burgers in town if you ask me, their fries used to be on par until they changed over to that healthy cooking oil or whatnot for their deepfrier.

Sounds like you are doing a great job Dav.car, and you frequent alot of similar establishments as myself so I won't have any issues when I get back up there... awesome.

David.Car

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
D'Lishs is frickin amazing, they have the best burgers in town if you ask me, their fries used to be on par until they changed over to that healthy cooking oil or whatnot for their deepfrier.
I agree about the fries but the burgers arefantastic. Only fast food place left that asks if you want grilled or raw onions. The fact that it is owned and run by an ex-military man who worked along side my own parents just makes it that much bettter for me.

David.Car

imported post

Just got home and wanted to type this up while it was fresh in my mind.

First stop was Great Clips in the Market shopping center. Non encounter not even mentioned.

Than went into the Safeway next store. Again, Non encounter, no mentions.

Than the fun one. Next door to that into the Subway.

Story time.

The store is being run at the moment by 3 employees. A low 20's black male who was by far and above the most intelligent of the 3. A teenage white female who had many habits of a meth user (been around quite a few thanks to an addicted younger sibling), than my server. The white suburbad eminem wanna be thug.

So he starts out very talkative, asks me if I have any plans for tonight. Thought he was hitting on me to start, but anyways told him I was about to start a vacation in which I am going down to California.

He asks me if it is the part by the beach and I told him LA. He than said I needed to get to the beach and "roll me up a fat one". Next he asks if I will be staying where all the gangbangers are, than told me "it's okay, just wear gang blue"

Now that you know who this kid is, fast forward to me turning to walk out the door with my sandwhich...

Thug Wanna Be: "Dude! Is that a gun?!"

Me: "Yes"

TWB: "Sweet! What kind of gun is it?"

Me: "It is a Sig 226"

TWB: "Cool! My cousin has a fourty."

Me: "Well this is a 9mm, what kind does your cousin have?"

TWB: "A fourty."

Me: "No, what make and model?"

TWB: "Oh. I don't know. Have a nice night man."

Guy made me want to palm face...

boom

imported post

Wanksters are annoying. I really am not comfortable in spokane. There are a lot of pretty women there, though. D'Lish's is where in spokane? May take the kids there after the airshow this weekend. or maybe that Mongolian stuff in the valley. Guess I better just start googlin... heheh

David.Car

imported post

boom wrote:
Wanksters are annoying. I really am not comfortable in spokane. There are a lot of pretty women there, though. D'Lish's is where in spokane? May take the kids there after the airshow this weekend. or maybe that Mongolian stuff in the valley. Guess I better just start googlin... heheh
D'Lishs is on Division by the Division/Mission intersection I believe... Bout a mile north of downtown... There is one downtown in the River Park Square mall.