• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friday Shootout

compmanio365

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Friday??! You know, some of us have jobs to go to......if you had said Sunday I'd have been there for sure (helping a friend move on Saturday....)! :D

Well, some of us done did real good during the base exercise (or just didn’t do anything to mess it up) and got a free day off. ;)

Fine......I have only one thing to say.....

page0_blog_entry204_1.jpg

"You're gonna shoot your eye out! You're gonna shoot your eye out!" :lol:

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I'll be bringing a bunch of paper targets, 8.5x11, if someone can bring some cardboard it'd be great...

CrossBow33

imported post

No...not me. Been laid up since Monday. And my kid is 35. And, while I've CC'd for years, I'm not set up for OC, yet. Working on it. Need to do a face to face with folks who do so's I can get smart.

spike89

imported post

BIll98501 wrote:

Nice, that is the place I used to shoot as a teenager. Glad to see it is still open. Used to be able to drive right in and shoot prone from the bed of a pickup truck. Gotta watch out for the kids on dirt bikes though. One time even had some real geniuses that kept burning right through our firing zone.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:
No...not me. Been laid up since Monday. And my kid is 35. And, while I've CC'd for years, I'm not set up for OC, yet. Working on it. Need to do a face to face with folks who do so's I can get smart.
What are you doing monday?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:
What are you doing monday?

CrossBow33

imported post

Well, assuming I can drive without endangering anyone, I'll be working. Not sure just how much meds constitute "under the influence". If I'm mobile though, I generally get home @ 6-ish. My neighbor is driving me to the Mall and Thriftway in a half hour...still too dopey to try driving, myself.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

CrossBow33 wrote:
Well, assuming I can drive without endangering anyone, I'll be working. Not sure just how much meds constitute "under the influence". If I'm mobile though, I generally get home @ 6-ish. My neighbor is driving me to the Mall and Thriftway in a half hour...still too dopey to try driving, myself.
Well, lemme know when you are up to a meetup, I'd enjoy meeting you! I have Monday and Tuesday off. Some small chance we may have met briefly anyhow... ever get offered a newspaper subscription by a tall guy with a goatee? :p

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Nice M44!! I wish folks would pick up their shotgun shells... any reloadable brass lying around? I haven't done the gravel pit yet.

ScorpioMk

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Nice M44!! I wish folks would pick up their shotgun shells... any reloadable brass lying around? I haven't done the gravel pit yet.

Ya but you gotta be on top of it, theres regulars that come everyday almost and collect it.

Marcus

Mainsail

imported post

I got out today to a quieter shooting pit and worked on getting the scope sighted in. I didn’t use any fancy ammunition, just some Remington YellowJacket hollow points. I was shooting off a rest, 85 yards, light winds.

acd0a1ef-9a33-4aca-8209-72dd2d9ad6b0.jpg

a1f43e5a-e21b-4e94-9c71-9f665fe06825.jpg

Minute of golf ball:

cd7a9901-b966-49cb-b4f1-4190b1fdfb45.jpg

just_a_car

imported post

Neat pics! Sorry I couldn't make it out. I had class until 11:30am and then homework I had to do at school. By the time I left school it was about 12:30pm and I would've had to go from the UW to Edmonds, get all my rifles and such together, then try to get down to Olympia... just not feasible.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Here is an opportunity to get some POSITIVE MEDIA COVERAGE (if that is possible)

Get 10-15 OCers together and lets clean up that place.

spike89

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Here is an opportunity to get some POSITIVE MEDIA COVERAGE (if that is possible)

Imagine the looks you'd get at the dump as you let go two pickup loads of spent casings... priceless!

Trigger Dr

imported post

Especially if I were to dump the 30 odd empty Black Powder cans I have in my reload room.:celebrate:D:D

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

spike89 wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Imagine the looks you'd get at the dump as you let go two pickup loads of spent casings... priceless!
Hey! Be nice to media!:p Magic media money fairies give me money every week in my bank account! :)

Great idea though! If we can do this on a monday or tuesday I'm game!

Trigger Dr

imported post

I am normally off on Fri, Sat,Sun, but I can change that to make a Monday meet up.

My GMC truck will hold a lot of trash.

Attachments

• Montana_Hooker.jpg
    Montana_Hooker.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 123