• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friday Shootout

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
I am normally off on Fri, Sat,Sun, but I can change that to make a Monday meet up.

My GMC truck will hold a lot of trash.
I'll toss in for gas and munchies...
BTW, where did you get the picture of an Oly streetwalker? :p I think I saw her downtown yesterday.

Mainsail

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Here is an opportunity to get some POSITIVE MEDIA COVERAGE (if that is possible)

Get 10-15 OCers together and lets clean up that place.

Those pictures are from two different places. RWW is shooting at the Waddle Creek pit, my other pictures are from Sunday at a Simpson Timber pit. It would take about 60 people eight hours to put a dent in theWaddle Creekshooting pit, and the following week it would look pretty much the same. As for media coverage, shooters cleaning up a shooting pit isn't going to generate any coverage. Additionally, you’re hoping the dozens of shooter that show up on the weekends are just going to stand there and wait patiently while you’re downrange; that’s not practical.

It was a good thought though.

Sharpender

imported post

Would those of you who have been out to the Waddle Creek & Simpson Timber pits give me a little more info?

I have the address for Waddle Creek. What is the address forSimpson Timber?

Are both these places free to shoot at?

How crowded do theyget on weekdays? On weekends?

Any bad experiences at either..of the human variety?

Thanks!

CrossBow33

imported post

I don't think our paths have crossed. I don't get downtown as often as I would like. Events conspire... and I usually get outvoted, one-to-one.

I get the Olympian Fri-Sun. So I frequently hear about goings-on after they happen.

As soon as I am fully recovered, I intend to be more "social".

sailarmy

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Here is an opportunity to get some POSITIVE MEDIA COVERAGE (if that is possible)

Get 10-15 OCers together and lets clean up that place.
keep me posted i would be willing to come help out on the cleanup and then send some rounds down range after im done