• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Duty to notify LEO's is gone.

xRapidDavex

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
xRapidDavex wrote:
snarf, snarf buddy! :monkey

he,he,ha,ha to the funny farm? pink ribbons and puppy dog tails? put on your waders and create a duck from straw?

CRYPTIC METAPHOR!! :lol:
Or Xanax induced haze................. OCDO you decide.
haha, I hope you're a comedian. When's your next show?

ainokea

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
xRapidDavex wrote:
They're going to find out anyways since your CFP is tied to your DL. What are you going to say when he asks you about it?

"Sorry officer, I'm not required by law to talk to you about that matter except to tell you I won't talk about that matter..." ;)

I think the officer would probably respect you more if you showed him that you were educated on the law and simply state that you are only required to inform him if you are actually armed. Besides, when he tries to pull a criminal history on you, it shows up blank anyway. If anything, the officer should become very relaxed knowing he is dealing with somebody with no criminal record and a CFP. Even if you were carrying and "forgot" to inform him for one reason or another, you would probably just get a stern warning or chewing out unless the LEO was really out to get you for something. That's just my opinion. :)

Kevin
It really depends on the officer that pulls you over. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum52/13634-3.html

xRapidDavex

imported post

aaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahhahahahaha, nice.

Thanks for cracking the window to your mind.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

33itmefs wrote:
xRapidDavex wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
xRapidDavex wrote:
snarf, snarf buddy! :monkey

he,he,ha,ha to the funny farm? pink ribbons and puppy dog tails? put on your waders and create a duck from straw?

CRYPTIC METAPHOR!! :lol:
Or Xanax induced haze................. OCDO you decide.
haha, I hope you're a comedian. When's your next show?
Tonight, 8pm. Tell your mom I will pick her up at 700pm sharp and to wear that pretty red dress I love. ;)
Knock it off both of you!

xRapidDavex

imported post

So anyways.... I would feel better if I didn't have to inform the officer that I was carrying on a normal traffic stop.

xRapidDavex

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
xRapidDavex wrote:
So anyways.... I would feel better if I didn't have to inform the officer that I was carrying on a normal traffic stop.
Why would you feel better? I personally have no issue informing an officer Im armed, makes EACH of us feel a little more comfortable, I know if he "sees" my gun I wont get the business end of a barrel in my face. He knows I, mosttttt of them anyways, am a law abiding citizen. Normally, after the "business" of getting told what I did wrong, we usually bull@#$% about guns and whatnot and its a pleasant encounter for me.(have yet to get a ticket by the way)
I'm perfectly comfortable with him not knowing (what clicks off in your brain by telling him you are armed?) because I don't tell them I'm not armed when they pull me over... so how is that any different than not telling them I am armed?

FYI, she's got crabs!

41 Magnum

imported post

Anytime an officer runs a plate that's registered to you or your license, it WILL flag that you have a CCW permit. Better to tell them up front so they don't get extra curious about you.

In a perfect world they wouldn't get curious, but we live in a place called reality.

xRapidDavex

imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
Anytime an officer runs a plate that's registered to you or your license, it WILL flag that you have a CCW permit. Better to tell them up front so they don't get extra curious about you.

In a perfect world they wouldn't get curious, but we live in a place called reality.

Well then they know anyways. Instead of playing coy, they should walk up and say "So I see you have a CFP, are you carrying today?"

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

41 Magnum wrote:

My scenario revolves around BCI not have a rule that says you have a duty to notify... Let them think what they want, but if I was a LEO, and I saw a flag the the owner had a CCW permit, I would assume he has a concealed/open carried gun. There is no need for that person to then tell me (if I was a LEO) they have one, I already know that they have one.

Edit:Grammar

xRapidDavex

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
Difference is, hes not going to shoot you for not having a gun if he cant see it. And why do you have to one up everyone? A little respect, even to LEO's, goes a long way. I do it out of respect, mutual respect.
That's great, but I think you asked ME why I would feel better, and now you are lecturing me to think like you.

xRapidDavex

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
xRapidDavex wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
Difference is, hes not going to shoot you for not having a gun if he cant see it. And why do you have to one up everyone? A little respect, even to LEO's, goes a long way. I do it out of respect, mutual respect.
That's great, but I think you asked ME why I would feel better, and now you are lecturing me to think like you.
Here we go again, you asked "WHY SHOULD I?" So I answered that, if you werent so confrontational all the damned time maybe you wouldnt be "targeted" by LEO all the time. You didnt take your Xanax like I told you, did you?
Practice what you preach about misquoting people.

You asked why I would feel better. I gave you my reason. I asked you what clicks off in your brain by telling them you are armed.

Also, you should grow up and stop telling me to take meds. I still don't see that respect thing we were talking about.

Very disrespectful to assume I need meds to live a happy/balanced life.

swjr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
In the state of Utah, that is incorrect. It WILL show on your Drivers License or ID card with just a date of expiration of your CCW (if you dont have one it says "none"). If you run a Utah License Plate, it only gives vehicle details, owners name and address and if there is any insurance. SO, if they pull you over and its your wifes car and its only registered to her, the cop doesnt know at all. He would ONLY know if he ran YOUR specific license or saw your permit. Not from vehicle registration per se, he'd have to run the name of the owner separately.

For being a troublemaker you'd think you would get your facts straight. Running your license plate does NOT show if you have any insurance on your vehicle or not.