• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Duty to notify LEO's is gone.

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
In the state of Utah, that is incorrect. It WILL show on your Drivers License or ID card with just a date of expiration of your CCW (if you dont have one it says "none"). If you run a Utah License Plate, it only gives vehicle details, owners name and address and if there is any insurance. SO, if they pull you over and its your wifes car and its only registered to her, the cop doesnt know at all. He would ONLY know if he ran YOUR specific license or saw your permit. Not from vehicle registration per se, he'd have to run the name of the owner separately.
For being a troublemaker you'd think you would get your facts straight. Running your license plate does NOT show if you have any insurance on your vehicle or not.
.....like I said under my other name, I WORK in law enforcement....

Sweet Mary, mother of God, this explains EVERYTHING.

Now I understand why you are so incredibly narrow minded. SERIOUSLY. ahahahahahahahaha! 10000000000000% Clarified.

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Would probably be better to NOT attack people who attack you.

Take the high road you know?
...Ive been choosing the low road for awhile, kinda comfortable there...

No offense, but i wouldn't expect anything less from others. Ya get what'cha put in, sir.
Meh, your probably right. No reason to argue over it. By the way, did you direct your wife to my post so she can see that silly name calling was unwarranted as I gave 100% correct info?
Well now: Im figurin' she works in an insurance office for a number of years now writing policies and what now. So as far as a knowledgeable statement, i think she made it. Thats all i can say for her. And yes, i did direct her towards that post due tot he fact that i figured the information was incorrect about LEO seeing Insurance information by merely running ones tags. I still feel it is incorrect due to an encounter i had with a LEO here in Saratoga where i had told him he had no right to be pulling me over. his excuse was that i had no insurance on my Jeep. incorrect, seeing as how my wife wrote my policy. He let me go without an argument due to a lack of PC for pulling me over. So...

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Well now: Im figurin' she works in an insurance office for a number of years now writing policies and what now. So as far as a knowledgeable statement, i think she made it. Thats all i can say for her. And yes, i did direct her towards that post due tot he fact that i figured the information was incorrect about LEO seeing Insurance information by merely running ones tags. I still feel it is incorrect due to an encounter i had with a LEO here in Saratoga where i had told him he had no right to be pulling me over. his excuse was that i had no insurance on my Jeep. incorrect, seeing as how my wife wrote my policy. He let me go without an argument due to a lack of PC for pulling me over. So...
....And I would think he would have to have PC to RUN your plate to KNOW you didnt have insurance anyways, so that sounds like a load of bull to me....
call it what you want to. i was there. no sense in arguing fact. im sure this was the first time an officer of the law infringed ones rights....right?

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
....And I would think he would have to have PC to RUN your plate to KNOW you didnt have insurance anyways, so that sounds like a load of bull to me....
call it what you want to. i was there. no sense in arguing fact. im sure this was the first time an officer of the law infringed ones rights....right?
...Did he give you any reason to RUN your plate is my question?...

Asked me if i knew why i was stopped. i said no. he said his PC showed no insurance.

So it sounds like we may both be right.

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
...Did he give you any reason to RUN your plate is my question?...

Asked me if i knew why i was stopped. i said no. he said his PC showed no insurance.

So it sounds like we may both be right.
...You get good and bad insurance agents(;)) ....

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

scorpioajr

imported post

33itmefs wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

attachment.php

OH SNAP, that is the funniest emoticon Ive ever seen.

Lol - you earned it. :lol: