• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympia Mini Lunch or Dinner.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

OLYXDGUY wrote:
We'll see I'm starting to OC More on weekends and on my way to work.. I just have to be careful as I work for an Alarm Co.. and Getting arrested would be a issue..

But I dont see that happening. I just need to print out some pamplets..
I wouldn't worry about getting arrested.

OPD knows VERY WELL that OC is legal. The cops on the Westside are pretty cool, and OPD brass and the city of Olympia have been warned of a lawsuit if they keep messing with OC'rs who have done nothing wrong.

BlaineG

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Well, How does everyone feel about Friday or should we just stick with Tuesday? majority rules.
Friday is fine with me........

OLYXDGUY

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
I sure wish I had time to make it over to another dinner with you guys.  Maybe over summer when I have more free time. 

I'll put together another Oly Mini Lunch or dinner in October.. Have fun Tuesday!

Bear 45/70

imported post

OLYXDGUY wrote:
Dave The Welder wrote:
I sure wish I had time to make it over to another dinner with you guys. Maybe over summer when I have more free time.

I'll put together another Oly Mini Lunch or dinner in October.. Have fun Tuesday!
Just remember modern firearms deer season the Oct. 11th thru the 31st. But then again I would have no problem showing up in full hunting gear for a lunch or a dinner.:D

BlaineG

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
OLYXDGUY wrote:
Dave The Welder wrote:
I sure wish I had time to make it over to another dinner with you guys. Maybe over summer when I have more free time.

Just remember modern firearms deer season the Oct. 11th thru the 31st. But then again I would have no problem showing up in full hunting gear for a lunch or a dinner.:D
Fred in Camo looks like a walking head of cabbage:dude::uhoh:

Bear 45/70

imported post

BlaineG wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
OLYXDGUY wrote:
Dave The Welder wrote:

Fred in Camo looks like a walking head of cabbage:dude::uhoh:
Sayeth head of cabbage #2! Only#2 is a shorter cabbage.:shock::lol: Make that an armed head of cabbage, cabbage boy.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

deanf wrote:
I will be there. Fred and I can bury the hatchet. Wish me luck in the traffic.
I'll bring the shovel. If nothing else I'm sure it wil be good to scoop up the you know what that is usually knee deep in these sorts of meetings:p

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I'll be +1 with a romantic interest that's anti-gun, last ditch effort before I, well, ditch her...

I have a gift for those attending...

deanf

imported post

Well I think we all had a good time. Met some new people. Got to see a couple of guys try to eat 5 pound pieces of bread pudding . . . .

I sat down next to Bear 45/70 with him on my strong side . . .

He and I agreed to be a little more polite and and a little less testy around here. It's always harder to be a jerk through the keyboard when you've met a guy in person.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

It was nice meeting new faces (and not see Dean and Bear rip into each other:p)

I left early with Technoweenie to look at a Mosin Nagant he had on hold at Big 5. Which they didn't hold for him, and sold it, the only dang Tula made one there, with a nice bright shiny bore.

Did look at some others there, a counterbored ex sniper with an otherwise pretty nice bore, and a couple of regular 91/30's with serviceable bores, and an ex sniper in a laminate stock.

Had a pretty dang good time at the dinner, and feel STUFFED!!

BlaineG

imported post

Real nice meeting everyone.......Who was that guy that kept trying to sell me newspapers??:dude:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BlaineG wrote:
Real nice meeting everyone.......Who was that guy that kept trying to sell me newspapers??:dude:
I gave up after Bear said you couldn't read much anyhow, just looked at the pictures in lingerie ads..