• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago Police Declare Rebellion Against New Chief, Do Bare Minimum

Legba

imported post

It's being appealed, so the family hasn't gotten a dime as yet.

-ljp

Deanimator

imported post

Legba wrote:

-ljp
Good luck with that one. Defendants have about as much chance of prevailing as Jeremiah Wright does of becoming Mayor of Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.

The good thing is that since it's a judgement, the family can talk about that drooling moron Weems, Daley and the Chicago PD to their heart's content. And believe me, I would.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Chicago has had 322 murders through Aug. 21, or 42 more than the number committed through the same date last year. Also, police have received 10,000 more calls from people about shots being fired, and the number of calls about gang disturbances has jumped by nearly 4,000, according to the department documents.

Well, good thing that Chicago has strong gun-control laws....

Otherwise, there might be murder, gunshots, and gang disturbances...

But, as we all can see, those problems don't exist in Chicago any longer.

:?

Legba

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Legba wrote:

-ljp
Good luck with that one. Defendants have about as much chance of prevailing as Jeremiah Wright does of becoming Mayor of Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.

Genuinely funny. I don't often laugh aloud reading the forum.

-ljp

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
You must have missed this link in one of my posts:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5836218

$12.5 Million, and Weems was found individually liable along with the city.

When I'm in Apartheid Chicago for Christmas, I'll keep an eye on the overpasses I go through to see if he's living under one. ;)
I did miss it - thanks.

Have we missed anything re the city's appeal which was mentioned in the clip?

Yata hey

imported post

chicago is one of the biggest shitholes in this country.

corrupt out of control govt

extremely high crime.

is this what hoebama will bring to the rest of the country?

ps: chicago cops are probably the most corrupt in the country

Deanimator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Deanimator wrote:

When I'm in Apartheid Chicago for Christmas, I'll keep an eye on the overpasses I go through to see if he's living under one. ;)
I did miss it - thanks.

Have we missed anything re the city's appeal which was mentioned in the clip?

Yata hey
I haven't seen anything on the Chicago newpaper websites. I might be mistaken, but doesn't interest accrue on the judgement?

MeBaby

imported post

TipsyMcStagger wrote:
chicago is one of the biggest @#$%holes in this country.

corrupt out of control govt

extremely high crime.

is this what hoebama will bring to the rest of the country?

ps: chicago cops are probably the most corrupt in the country
I think they run neckto neck with New Orleans. :what:

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Surprised that the victim's family did not file a civil suit as was done vs OJ Simpson.

Better evidence by far in this instance!

Yata hey

"Ghetto Lottery" huh?!? You got to be kidding me!! Any time you have a Chicago cop tell you that you have to choose sides (I was told this when, at one point in my life, I thought I wanted to be a D. C. cop), you know that there is corruption overflowing in the city.

I have seen this article (and video) before and it does not surprise me. I am glad that the city and this Detective (I cannot believe this citizen killer got a promotion) has to pay, but his ass should be rotting in Statesville (is it still called that now?) like I would be if I had done the same thing!!!

2nd Amendment..........Use it............Or, lose it!!:X

Deanimator

imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Surprised that the victim's family did not file a civil suit as was done vs OJ Simpson.

Yata hey

"Ghetto Lottery" huh?!? You got to be kidding me!! Any time you have a Chicago cop tell you that you have to choose sides (I was told this when, at one point in my life, I thought I wanted to be a D. C. cop), you know that there is corruption overflowing in the city.

I have seen this article (and video) before and it does not surprise me. I am glad that the city and this Detective (I cannot believe this citizen killer got a promotion) has to pay, but his ass should be rotting in Statesville (is it still called that now?) like I would be if I had done the same thing!!!

I LOVE it when Chicago cops ask, "What would you do if WE weren't here?" I always reply, "The same thing we've done all along. Calling the Chicago PD to a crime scene is like calling the Disciples street gang. If I already have criminals in my home, why would I want to summon MORE criminals?"

Smurfologist

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

I LOVE it when Chicago cops ask, "What would you do if WE weren't here?" I always reply, "The same thing we've done all along. Calling the Chicago PD to a crime scene is like calling the Disciples street gang. If I already have criminals in my home, why would I want to summon MORE criminals?"

All Chicago cops aren't criminals. But, you know what they say: "Birds of a feather..........."

I hear you loud and clear, Deanimator!! I grew up on the Southside (South syeed). Most of my father's friends are/were cops (and, they are/were corrupt as the day is long). The city of Chicago is like any big city with cops. It has its own set of rules!!

2nd Amendment...........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X

Edited so that it would not be perceived as LEO bashing. I want to stress that all ChicagoLEOs are not criminals!!!

SlackwareRobert

imported post

If they are serious about cleaning up corruption....
Lets start with Daily, and city hall.:banghead:

Till then arm the law abiding citizens...........

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Seriously, the Chicago Police Department is no better than some third world militia.

Its not quite that bad. The CPD does have a deep case of rot that needs to be dealt with though.

And in fairness to the officers there, they have a lot of legitimate greivances.

OTOH, they do not understand that it is just completely unacceptable to be as far out of control as some of them are. The department has not been under effective control for 3 or 4 decades, and reestablishing that control is going to be painful for CPD officers.

secondcitycop.blogspot.com is a very good blog that will give you a lot of insight into just how bad the problem is. I post there now and then (anonymously). Even the cops that vaguely see LE misconduct as somehow bad, often jump to the defense of fellow officers engaged in it.

Deanimator

imported post

ilbob wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Seriously, the Chicago Police Department is no better than some third world militia.

Its not quite that bad. The CPD does have a deep case of rot that needs to be dealt with though.

And in fairness to the officers there, they have a lot of legitimate greivances.

OTOH, they do not understand that it is just completely unacceptable to be as far out of control as some of them are. The department has not been under effective control for 3 or 4 decades, and reestablishing that control is going to be painful for CPD officers.

secondcitycop.blogspot.com is a very good blog that will give you a lot of insight into just how bad the problem is. I post there now and then (anonymously). Even the cops that vaguely see LE misconduct as somehow bad, often jump to the defense of fellow officers engaged in it.

Oh, it's that bad. There is effectively NO rational discplinary process within the Chicago PD. Weems got a ***30 day suspension*** for shooting a guy in the head and lying about it. Abbate was allowed to hide out in "rehab", then not handcuffed when initially arrested. Then he was charged with midemeanors, even though he attempted to intimidate the victim and witnesses. Cozzi was suspended for beating a seriously wounded elderly man who was handcuffed to a wheelchair, as if he should EVER be in law enforcement again. The violent drunk Callahan had an INCREDIBLY long history of drunkeness and violence, including against other COPS. OFFDUTY shootings that would anywhere else have been classified as excecution homicides were ruled "justified". And what's the rank and file's reaction to all of this? "Stop showing the Abbate video!"

I too post anonymously on SCC. I used to post under my own name, but SCC was apparently embarassed that I wasn't afraid to use my real name, despite the threats (and there were some). The mentality within the Chicago PD is no different than that within the Black Gangster Disciples. Of course the cops themselves admit that the CPD has been infiltrated by actual gang members.

Smurfologist

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
ilbob wrote:
Deanimator wrote:

Oh, it's that bad. There is effectively NO rational discplinary process within the Chicago PD. Weems got a ***30 day suspension*** for shooting a guy in the head and lying about it. Abbate was allowed to hide out in "rehab", then not handcuffed when initially arrested. Then he was charged with midemeanors, even though he attempted to intimidate the victim and witnesses. Cozzi was suspended for beating a seriously wounded elderly man who was handcuffed to a wheelchair, as if he should EVER be in law enforcement again. The violent drunk Callahan had an INCREDIBLY long history of drunkeness and violence, including against other COPS. OFFDUTY shootings that would anywhere else have been classified as excecution homicides were ruled "justified". And what's the rank and file's reaction to all of this? "Stop showing the Abbate video!"

I too post anonymously on SCC. I used to post under my own name, but SCC was apparently embarassed that I wasn't afraid to use my real name, despite the threats (and there were some). The mentality within the Chicago PD is no different than that within the Black Gangster Disciples. Of course the cops themselves admit that the CPD has been infiltrated by actual gang members.

You seem to mention the BGDs quite a bit in your post. Do you know much about that gang, or, are you saying it to represent all Chicago gangs (just curious)?

2nd Amendment.........Use it.........Or, lose it!!:X

Deanimator

imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
ilbob wrote:
Deanimator wrote:

You seem to mention the BGDs quite a bit in your post. Do you know much about that gang, or, are you saying it to represent all Chicago gangs (just curious)?

Just using them as an example. The El Rukns would do as well, although both are pretty much fragmented these days, due as much to "gentrification" as anything else. The History Channel show "Gangland" had two excellent shows on both of those gangs. If you just payed attention to the commercials for the show featuring a voiceover by Ice-T, you'd think it was some kind of stupid, exploitative glamorization of gangs. But in the case of those two shows, they were straightforward documentaries like anything they show on making beer or bridge collapses. I found the vintage news footage very interesting, having passed through many of the areas when I was a child. One thing they didn't mention was the El Rukns'(?) branching out into the real estate market. There used to be (think it's still there) large white highrise right off of the Dan Ryan at 63rd St(69th?). Gang members strong armed the original owner into handing it over to them. I used to tell people here in the Cleveland area, "You don't have a 'gang problem' until you can point to apartment buildings and say which ones belong to which gangs."

When they started tearing down the projects (and cheap private housing) it displaced the established gangs into other, smaller gangs' territories in a way remarkably similar to the way the advance of the Huns drove the various Germanic tribes westward into the Roman Empire. The inner ring suburbs are now firmly entrenched gang territory. It's as if the gangs from Cleveland were forced into Lakewood, Rocky River and Fairview Park.

Smurfologist

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Smurfologist wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
ilbob wrote:
Deanimator wrote:

Just using them as an example. The El Rukns would do as well, although both are pretty much fragmented these days, due as much to "gentrification" as anything else. The History Channel show "Gangland" had two excellent shows on both of those gangs. If you just payed attention to the commercials for the show featuring a voiceover by Ice-T, you'd think it was some kind of stupid, exploitative glamorization of gangs. But in the case of those two shows, they were straightforward documentaries like anything they show on making beer or bridge collapses. I found the vintage news footage very interesting, having passed through many of the areas when I was a child. One thing they didn't mention was the El Rukns'(?) branching out into the real estate market. There used to be (think it's still there) large white highrise right off of the Dan Ryan at 63rd St(69th?). Gang members strong armed the original owner into handing it over to them. I used to tell people here in the Cleveland area, "You don't have a 'gang problem' until you can point to apartment buildings and say which ones belong to which gangs."

When they started tearing down the projects (and cheap private housing) it displaced the established gangs into other, smaller gangs' territories in a way remarkably similar to the way the advance of the Huns drove the various Germanic tribes westward into the Roman Empire. The inner ring suburbs are now firmly entrenched gang territory. It's as if the gangs from Cleveland were forced into Lakewood, Rocky River and Fairview Park.

I thought as much (smile). I did see the special on the History Channel about the El Rukns. It was done quite well and I learned quite a bit (from you, as well).......

2nd Amendment............Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X