• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago Police Declare Rebellion Against New Chief, Do Bare Minimum

Mokarov_9mm

imported post

In other words the police are no longer harassing citizens on just a hunch ,and hopefully will be informed by their new chief reguarding firearm laws that are sure to change now thatthe supreme court has ruled.....Then when Obama goes crawling back to chicago after losing the presidential bid he can propose a bill forO.C or eat his words AGAIN.

O.C.A

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hasn't Obama done a great job of cleaning up his own home state ! :lol:

Yata hey

RIAShooter

imported post

I say tenure out the ones you can't and fire or at least mandatory transfer every one of them out and hire all new ones and that won't be influenced by the slime that is the Chicago P.d

nitrovic

imported post

TipsyMcStagger wrote:
chicago is one of the biggest @#$%holes in this country.

corrupt out of control govt

extremely high crime.

is this what hoebama will bring to the rest of the country?

ps: chicago cops are probably the most corrupt in the country

You haven't been to Prince George's County Md I take it....

nitrovic

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
So let me get this straight:

They're no longer stopping people at random with no probable cause and conducting illegal searches?

How is this a bad thing again?

Most stops and searches obviously aren't "illegal". The officer's are supposedly not doing anything proactive and just responding to calls. Most drugs/illegal firearms/dui's etc are caught with traffic stops and proactive policing. Any medium to large jurisdiction would go downhill if police weren't proactive. Drug dealers don't call the police and let them know they are dealing drugs...

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
TipsyMcStagger wrote:

extremely high crime.

I take it that this is in reference to the suspect that "someone" killed in their custody, right?

2nd Amendment.........Use it.........Or, lose it!!:X

nitrovic

imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
TipsyMcStagger wrote:

extremely high crime.

I take it that this is in reference to the suspect that "someone" killed in their custody, right?

2nd Amendment.........Use it.........Or, lose it!!:X

That investigation hasn't been completed, I'm not going to comment on that. However, they have a long history of questionable activity.

Mokarov_9mm

imported post

I'll give my 2c on it,

I lived in P.G County Maryland not far from Washington Redskins football stadium 2001-2002, I'ved lived in 15 other states but i'de never seen or heard of so much corruption by a police force untill that time...P.Glendening was the Gov. then who closed his eyes to harassment complaints(including mine) so after digging into the county's history and talking to neighbors about their experiences,i knew it was not somewhere i wanted to live.

When my apt lease expired i moved to a Fairfax Va.....so far so good.

O.C.A