• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC host Brzezinski mugged in D.C. The WashingtonTimes.com

Pro2ndA

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
:banghead: I'd love to see one stay on topic this week!

Here's the thread topic again:

Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty was confronted face-to-face Thursday with some of the district's crime problems, when it turned out the host of the morning talk show he appeared on had been mugged in the city an hour earlier.
MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski was mugged outside a well-known Washington hotel while waiting for a car to pick her up for the 6 a.m. broadcast of the show she co-hosts with Joe Scarborough, "Morning Joe."
As the show began, Mr. Scarborough blasted Washington without naming the hotel, saying he needed to talk about what had just happened to his co-host.
Mrs. Brzezinski said she was embarrassed and didn't want him to tell viewers about the experience, but he detailed the mugging and complained the bell desk should have been paying attention.
"A guy walks across the street straight for her," Mr. Scarborough said, adding the hotel should "at least police five feet outside their own doors." Mrs. Brzezinski said she gave the mugger the $6 in cash she had with her, adding that he asked her for $20 and said something along the lines of "Give me money and nothing will happen."
The anchors did not disclose on air the location or name of the hotel, and did not respond to a question via email.
Mr. Fenty, brought on the show to talk about education and plans for the inauguration of President-elect Barack Obama, told the hosts the matter would be investigated.
"This is what mayors do," he said. "We are going to look at it and work with the hotel and the police department."
"Mayor it was six dollars, it's OK," Mrs. Brzezinski told Mr. Fenty. "I love that hotel. I'll need six dollars before I leave the bureau is all."

'scuse me? I was wondering: what happened to MSNBC's responsibility to protect their honoredguest between the hotel's front door and their limo? Who makes more money off the guest's visit: a) the hotel at $500 a night, or b) MSNBC at $500 per second? Yet, MSNBC wants to blame the hotel or the community.

Squid13

imported post

Once again it's the blame game. I personaly blame the panhandler. And that's what it sounds like he was, not a robber. Anyone that's been to Chicago knows how aggressive they can be. I don't see why DC would be any better. My point, however, is that if ever blame is to be placed, it should be placed on the shoulders of the criminal. This could have happened in any city, and offten does.

And everyone that was bothered by her comment that it was ok because it was only $6, I'm right there with you. How messed up is it that we quantify allowable robbery or assault?

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

And if ALL the pan handler did was to stick his hand out while in close proximity to her and SHE CHOOSE TO FILL IT THEN SHE IS TO BLAME FOR ENABLING / ENCOURAGING SUCH BEHAVIOR!!!!!

Now, if he was being aggressive and she folded instead of telling him where to get off then BOTH ARE TO BLAME!

JoeSparky

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
...SNIP,
What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.

Well not at 6:00 am in Washington DC this time of year it didn't. And "Joe" should consider that fact in his diatribe. There is no way the Hotel could have prevented this. The DC government could have if citizens were allowed to be citizens.

Regards

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
...SNIP,
What IS important is the fact that WE all know what armed defense does against crime, and the fact that apparantly this happened in broad daylight? and the fact that this gal was accosted in front of a probable 5 star hotel is a statement of what this country is going to face more and more of if we let the progressive liberal pieces of excrement take away our right to keep and bear arms.

Well not at 6:00 am in Washington DC this time of year it didn't. And "Joe" should consider that fact in his diatribe. There is no way the Hotel could have prevented this. The DC government could have if citizens were allowed to be citizens.

Regards

You are absolutely correct..... AND WASHINGTON DC IS TO BLAME BECAUSE THEY PROHIBIT OTHERWISE LAWFULL CITIZENS FROM ADEQUATELY PROTECTING THEMSELVES FOR SELF DEFENSE!!!!!

And I have said NOTHING about what the hotel should or should not have done.

JoeSparky

TFred

imported post

Well up until now I really didn't have any thoughts one way or another on this story, other than the sheer irony that it happened in DC to a reporter, and embarrassed the mayor.

From today's VA-ALERT, this will just make you ... well see for yourself.

TFred

12. The irony(!): reporter mugged in D.C. is anti-gun

We just couldn't pass up noting the irony of Mika Zbigniew Brzezinski, reporter for MSNBC who was mugged in D.C. two weeks ago, her on-the-record bias against gun owners using their firearms for legal self defense. This 35-second video clip is from the MSNBC reporting on the church shooting in Colorado Springs on 9 December 2007 when security guard Jeanne Assam shot and killed the attacker -- who had three weapons and a thousand rounds.

Just watch her hatred for guns and gun owners in this clip:

http://tinyurl.com/8ll6fp

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TFred wrote:
SNIP From today's VA-ALERT, this will just make you ... well see for yourself.

Her raw emotion reveals her strength of character, or lack thereof.

On national television(?) she can't even keep her poise. She could have just ignored the comments to which she objected, or just asked the fella to let her get on with the broadcast. Or even made a joke to the camera, "Bear with us folks until Mike gets off his soapbox."

shad0wfax

imported post

Maybe the mugger had seen this video and knew how irrationally anti-gun Mika was?

EDIT: This is the embedded youtube video that TFred linked in his tinyurl link above.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/WGnAm52--LY[/flash]

Count the no's!

FMCDH

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
Count the no's!
Classic...

She wanted to deny the truth but just didn't know how while saving face. Its tough to deny when the response is not scripted for you.

The contempt was so thick from her you could taste it. lol

:D

Squid13

imported post

All I can say after watching that video is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:celebrate

No wonder she didn't want her "mugging" to be discussed. It makes her look like that much more of a jackass. That's also why she dismissed it as "not a big deal". I hope the irony isn't lost on her, though I'm sure it is.

D94R

imported post

It just goes to show that even "learning the hard way" won't have the affect on some of these people we hope it would.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

One person with a gun walking into a mall and randomly shooting people makes a big difference in those people's lives. Any reasonable person would agree that Cho made a big difference in the lives of hundreds of people at VT. But many of those same reasonable people say that one LAC and no evil intent carrying a firearm cannot/does not make a big difference in the face of evil. Bizarre and illogical. A totally emotional reaction by otherwise intelligent human beings.

Pro2ndA

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
One person with a gun walking into a mall and randomly shooting people makes a big difference in those people's lives. Any reasonable person would agree that Cho made a big difference in the lives of hundreds of people at VT. But many of those same reasonable people say that one LAC and no evil intent carrying a firearm cannot/does not make a big difference in the face of evil. Bizarre and illogical. A totally emotional reaction by otherwise intelligent human beings.
Emotion and agenda trump truth ... don'tcha know.

Huck

imported post

"That is the most inane statement I've ever heard".Brzezinski's reply to the comment that one person with a gun can make a big difference! And this just as she finished reporting on a incident where one honestperson withagun did make a big difference! (the brave and beautiful Jeanne Assam)

I'll bet that Brzezinski could get mugged 20 times a year and would still be a anti.

III

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Huck wrote:
SNIP...
I'll bet that Brzezinski could get mugged 20 times a year and would still be a anti.

III

Well this time it was ONLY (sarcasm on) $6.00.

I don't know how much she makes per hour;but, next time see if she is so forgiving if itis $60.00, or $600, or $6000:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just because SHE is so willing to MINIMIZE the situation doesn't make it a NOT a Theft! Unless, of course, it was really ONLY a panhandler who had his hand out and made NO threat or aggressive moves! And then it should NOT HAVE EVER BEEN REPORTED as a theft but rather a touch-feely story about how much she cares for the HOMELESS!!!!!!!!

JoeSparky

4armed Architect

imported post

Huck wrote:
"Snip

snip

Interesting vision I'm having with that thought. I see Mika walking around DC wearing a t-shirt with a "Gun Free Zone" logo on the front and a big target on the back.

Virginian683

imported post

I'm 100% pro-carry, everywhere, but how would her being armed in this case have made a difference? She had no cause for lethal force. He did not display a weapon or threaten her life (as far as we know), just demanded money. She could have refused. She could have run back into the hotel.

The problem here is not being unarmed it's being a pacifist lemming. Somebody tells her to do something so she just does it. Unfortunately she represents 9/10ths of all people in the world. But there is the additional factor of her being a woman and the assailant a man, so her behavior is more forgivable.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Virginian683 wrote:
I'm 100% pro-carry, everywhere, but how would her being armed in this case have made a difference? She had no cause for lethal force. He did not display a weapon or threaten her life (as far as we know), just demanded money. She could have refused. She could have run back into the hotel.

The problem here is not being unarmed it's being a pacifist lemming. Somebody tells her to do something so she just does it. Unfortunately she represents 9/10ths of all people in the world. But there is the additional factor of her being a woman and the assailant a man, so her behavior is more forgivable.

And IF she had been armed and open carrying then we probably would not even be having this discussion as said BG would have gone from a hard target to one a bit softer!!!!!!

Agree 100% with OC'ing anywhere and everywhere one can legally! Sure wish the law would allow it EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Pro2ndA

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Virginian683 wrote:

And IF she had been armed and open carrying then we probably would not even be having this discussion as said BG would have gone from a hard target to one a bit softer!!!!!!

Agree 100% with OC'ing anywhere and everywhere one can legally! Sure wish the law would allow it EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Where and under what circumstances is it reasonable , that aFREE person should be expected to surrender their rights to self-defense? When one stands before Caesar?

I think not!

Caesar (the tyrant)should tremble before the armed citizen and fear to rule in unrighteousness. Yet, agood ruler should have no fear to deal justly with the same armed citizen.

When in doubt, the question should be ruled in favor of FREEDOM.